I Need a Home Sweet Home, to Call My Own

Three

We had been drinking for about 3 hours, and Cameron had just stated that we should get back to the bus. We where all walking, Danny and i trailing behind the rest.
"Havin' fun yet?" He asked smiling.
I returned his genuine smile, and nodded. "And it's much needed." I commented.
"So, all this time, you never cared to contact me?" He asked.
I felt a little insecure, and looked at my feet.
"Ry? What's wrong?" He asked, sounding concerned.
I fought the urge to cry. "I thought you, well..." I trailed off.
"What? Tell me, please?"
I sighed. "I thought that you had forgotten about me, that once you became famous, i wouldn't be important anymore." I confessed.
He chuckled, and I looked up at him, confused. Has he really changed THAT much?
"Ryan, you think I forgot about you? What? Are you an idiot? How many years did we go through school together, and I fought off all of your bullies, because you where afraid to? How many times have I let you stay at my home, because your parents where fighting? How many times did I take the blame for you when you ran away from your home at night?"
I smiled, still looking at my feet, keeping a beat with my footsteps. He grasped my chin, and gently pulled my face up.
"Look at me. I would never forget you. Your my bitch. And you mean the world to me."
I blushed, and attacked him in a hug. "why do you do that?" I asked.
"Do what?"
"Make me feel all normal and shit." I replied, giggling.
He chuckled, and I layed my head on his shoulder as we continued to walk.
We where about halfway back to the bus when I heard Danny start to hum. I wasn't sure what, but I seemed really familiar.
"Danny? What is that?" I asked.
He smiled. "Nothing, yet." He replied.
I smiled again.
"Ryan? Can I ask you something?" He sounded a little nervous.
"Sure, anything." I replied.
He chuckled. "Did you ever even think about contacting me?" he asked.
"Well, yeah. I mean, not like 24/7 because I promised you i wouldn't dwell on the fact that you left, but, yeah. I know I lost 50 cents a couple of times because I wanted to call you, and needed to use a pay phone, and then realized that you where gone."
"Well, you don;t have to worry about losing your 50 cents any longer."
I giggled. He was such a dork. We arrived back at the bus, and watched Coraline. It was my favorite movie, ever since It cam out. It was the last movie me and Danny went to see at the movies. It was pathetic how I still remembered all of these pointless memories.