Status: Hiatus, for a bit

My Way Home Is Through You

When our Brothers in Arms are Gone

I woke up again with the sun warming my face, and body. I didn't want to move at all, I just wanted to enjoy a moment in my life for once. Unfortunately, today wasn't going to be one of those days thanks to a shadow by the name of Party Poison.

"What do you want?" I sniped

"Bitchin at me already?" He snarled

"I'm not the one blocking the sun." I quipped.

"We need clean clothes." He said as he dropped a basket at my feet, pointing to a modified washer and dryer.

I groaned but did it anyways since our clothes were now mixed in with theirs. I had nothing to do anyway. I had paused when I saw a pair of mens underwear with a big white stain on it. I had turned to ask Poison but he did his disappearing act.

"Okay, it's like doing my brothers laundry all over again." I chuckled to myself

"You had brothers?"

I jumped nearly ten feet in the air at the sound of Static's voice.

"God damn it Static." I scolded her trying to calm my heartbeat. "Yes I did. They both encouraged me to get out of the city."

"Where-"

"Don't start asking questions. They escaped too, we promised to stay away from each other for the first two years. That's all you need to know." I told her as I did the rest of the laundry. When I turned to apologize she was gone, making me feel even sorrier then I did in the first place.