Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

fine but you have to make me food!

I wiped down the last table and walked over to the door, I flipped the little sign signaling we were open. I was working alone today. Well except for the singer who was setting up in the back. I sighed and made myself a cup of coffee.

I haven’t been able to sleep at night; between the cold sweat and the puking it was impossible. Gabriel was getting worried about me, but it was useless. I just had a stomach bug, that’s what it had to be. I thought of Gabriel and smiled.

“Dahlia!” I snapped out of my day dream and looked at Bella. She stood in front of me. I noticed the small cut on her forehead. I raised an eyebrow.

“Hello Bella, what can I get for you?” I said nicely. I sipped my coffee and stared at her, she had lost weight. She looked at me for a long time.

“Don’t ‘hello Bella’ me! Have you seen Jake anywhere? He said he stops by here to get coffee. I want to ask him about the bon fire tonight” she said, her voice was angry and irratated. I forgot about the bon fire, Gabriel, Xander and I was going. I had to since my father was the alpha of the pack. It would be rude not to go.

“He usually comes by around noon. Are you going to the bon fire?” I asked and immediately regretted it. She let out a twisted sinister laugh.

“Yes dipshit! Jake asked ME to go! God sometimes I wonder if you’re retarded or something.” She nearly shouted at me. I winced and looked over to the singer who was staring at Bella with fierce eyes.

“Sorry. I’ll tell Jake when he comes in that you were looking for him, okay?” I said quietly. She laughed darkly again and grabbed a muffin off the counter and walked out the door. I sighed and pulled out two dollars to pay for the muffin she had taken.

“Why do you let her push you around like that?” the singer asked. I couldn’t remember her name but I remembered her face. She sang here often, she had a beautiful voice. I looked at her sincere face.

“She’s just going through a rough time, that’s all” I said in a soft voice.

~~

“Leels! Look who I brought!” Paul said happily as he strode in the door. I looked behind him to see Jake rolling his eyes. I chuckled and hugged them both.

“Hey Paul, hey Jake. What do you guys want?” I responded after I walked behind the counter to wipe off some spilled coffee. Jake chuckled and told me two mochas. I got to work on their order. “Oh, your lovely Bella was here looking for you. You invited her to the bon fire?”

“You did what?!” Paul yelled. I shushed him when I noticed customers where looking at him. “Sorry leels. Jake! Did you clear this with Sam?” We looked at Jake expectantly. I may not be a wolf but appretently I was a part of the pack because of Sam. I also read up on all the rules and stuff, Jake’s dad helped me with that.

“Well, I thought… don’t get mad. But, I thought, Lia could ask him. You know, since she’s your friend and all. Please?” Jake mumbled. I looked at him wide eyed. The boys looked at me. I didn’t want her to know my family’s secret. I didn’t want her to know my secret. But Jake was falling in love with her, she would find out soon. I bit my lip.

“You ask him. He’ll say yes.” I said in quickly. I noticed a line behind them. “Now shoo, I have to work. I’ll see you tonight.” I quickly hugged them and began to work again.

I laid on the couch with my head in Gabriel’s lap. I closed my eyes. Gabriel rubbed my stomach, he told me that’s what his mother used to do when he was sick. It was comforting actually, and I liked it. I yawned and earned a chuckle from Gabriel.

“Do we have to go to the bon fire? I’m tired, I want to stay here.” I mumbled. Gabriel chuckled and contuied rubbing my belly.

“Yes, your father asked you to go. Don’t worry I’ll be there to protect you from the big bad wolf” I laughed at his joke but was somewhat comforted by it. It wasn’t the wolves I was afraid of. Hell I have a wolf somewhere inside me. To be honest I didn’t know what I was afraid of.

“Fine, but you have to make me food first.” I said dramatically. He laughed and kissed my forehead. He gently got up and walked into the kitchen. I heard him rustle about making food. I got up and walked to my room.

I pulled out black skinny jeans and a deep purple sweater that hugged my body nicely, and it was warm! I grabbed my black boots and brushed my hair. I put on the wolf craved necklace dad bought me for my 18th birthday and I was ready.

I walked down the stairs to see Gabriel had changed also. He was wearing black jeans and a red t-shirt and a black jacket. It was different from his usual attire but it fit him well. He smiled at me and I smiled back. I walked into the kitchen to find he had made chicken and noodles.

~EDWARD’S POV~

I stood in the forest line watching Dahlia’s house. I missed my sister, but Emmett made me promise only to check on her from time to time. I was worried for her, she’s been sick lately and I can’t tell why.

I heard her door open and Dahlia and Gabriel walked out. I didn’t have the heart to tell Emmett she was with someone else. She was still in love with Emmett, I could tell from her mind, but she convinced herself that he doesn’t care or love her anymore.

She stopped Gabriel. She looked around nervously. She was a special one I give her that. She always seemed to know when I was around, when any of us were around. She smiled weakly at Gabriel, who held a worried expression.

“Don’t let the legends freak you out okay?” she whispered to him. He smiled down at her. I still couldn’t read his thoughts and it drove me insane. It wasn’t the same kind of silence as Bella’s. His was eerie and forced.

“Don’t worry honey. It’ll be okay” he told her softly. He held her waist gently as if she would break if he did something wrong. She grabbed his arm suddenly, making Gabriel jump a little.

“Dizzy” was all she said. I wanted to run to her and make sure she was alright but I couldn’t. “I’ll be okay. Come on dad and gramps are waiting.”

Wait! Dad? Gramps? What? She didn’t know her father. Did she find him? Did he find her?

“How is vlad allowed on the res? I thought they had some sort of treaty.” Gabriel asked confused. Dahlia chuckled lightly.

“ he’s family so they let him on. I was confused to” she said lightly. They got into her car and drove off. I fallowed them but was forced to stop when they went over La Push border. I stood in the middle of the road for a few minutes.

Dahlia had found her father. She had a grandfather, and knew a vampire that the mutts liked and accepted onto the Reservation?

Oh Dahlia, what have you gotten yourself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
i'll be updating pretty randomly. i'm pretty bored and can't sleep at night so i'll end up writing a lot. once school starts (august 29) though i'll only be updating on the weekends becuase of school work. anyway
ENJOY!