Sequel: Wings.
Status: i'm baaaaaack

Living with Monsters

oh my god! OH MY GOD!

“Lia! Hello Gabriel. How’s life?” Billy, Jake’s dad, greeted us when we walked into view. I smiled hugged the old man. He wheeled himself so he could shake Gabriel’s hand.

“Good Billy, it’s good” Gabriel said quietly. Billy nodded and wheeled over to the fire. We were a little early, mostly so I could see dad before this thing started. I spotted him and left the two men to whatever they were talking about.

“Hey dad!” I said when I was close. He turned and gave me a great big bear hug. I smiled at him. It was like nothing had ever changed. We were extremely close, which I was grateful for.

“Just to warn you, Bella’s coming” he told me in a low voice. Dad really doesn’t like Bella. He tolerated her since Jake was in love with her and all. I nodded. A wave of nausea hit me and I grabbed his arm for support. His arms wrapped around my shoulders to steady me.

“Sorry, flu is getting the best of me.” I muttered. He didn’t say anything he just watched me. I rolled my eyes. Great now dad AND Gabriel are going to be all worried about me. I’m fine. Nothing wrong with me! I felt dizzy again and sat down. I’m perfectly fine.

“Are you sure kiddo? I can take you to the hospital” dad said worriedly. I waved him off and stood up.

“I’m fine”

~~

I snuggled into Gabriel’s side. We were sharing a blanket as we sat in front of the fire. It was cold; yes it gets cold in March! We’re in Washington for heaven’s sake. The elder was telling a story of the first wolf. I heard his words but it was hard to listen. I stared at the fire and watched the flames leap and lick the sky. The flames danced along the logs and leaped into the air.

I hadn’t noticed I fell asleep until I was standing in a marble courtyard. People in red robes walked around, they laughed and smiled. There were hundreds of them, people in these red robes. The robe’s hood covered their faces but I knew they were not human. I could see their sparkling pale skin.

I looked towards an alley, something had caught my eye. Edward stood in the shadows watching everyone and everything. He looked as if he was sobbing. I walked over to him. I reached out a hand and noticed my arm covered in the red robes. I looked down and I was indeed wearing the robes. I looked up again and saw Edward taking off his shirt, the sun reflecting off his skin.

“No! They’ll see you! You can’t!” I shouted but my voice was lost in the cheering. I tried to run to him but someone held my arms. I looked behind me and Emmett’s face greeted me. His eyes were blood red and his smile was sinister. “Emmett?”

“Not anymore! You killed him. Your wolf killed him.” It wasn’t Emmett’s voice, it was James’. I gasped and tried to get away. He just laughed and tightened his hold on me. He forced me towards Edward who was now stepping into the light. His skin reflecting the sun like diamonds.

“No!” I shouted. Emmett just laughed. I cried as a robed figure walked up and snapped Edward’s neck. The figure turned to me and walked towards me. It stopped just a few feet away from me and put down their hood. It was me! A pale, red eyed version of me. She smiled at me.

“DAHLIA!” I opened my eyes and jumped. I looked around and the fire had died and was now just embers. It was dark outside. Dad stood in front of me, looking down on me with concern. I felt someone holding me and found it was Gabriel. He looked frightened. I sat up and ran my hand through my hair.

“Whoa! Did I fall asleep?” I said trying to sound calm. Dad just looked at me. I saw vlad’s blonde hair and hoped he would save me; I didn’t want to talk about the dream.

“Yea you did. Come on, Gabriel and I will take you home” vlad said walking over to dad. He put his hand on dad’s shoulder and smiled. He saw the dream, he saw what I saw.

“Okay” I said quietly.

The ride home was quite. Gabriel asked me if I wanted to talk about it, I just said I don’t remember the dream. He knew I was lying but dropped the subject. Vlad talked about the trip to Italy and how he was excited. Apparently when we get there a celebration of some sort will be going on.

When we finally got home I went straight to bed, Gabriel fallowed. I lay in the bed while he took a quick shower. He finally walked in only wearing basketball shorts. He crawled into bed. He kissed my forehead and pulled me close to him.

“I’m going to the doctor in the morning, dad is making me” I told him quietly. He nodded. “Are you okay?”

“Yea. Well no. When you were asleep, when you were having that nightmare. You were so scared. You held onto me for your life. Then you were still, so still! I was so scared. You didn’t move, you didn’t even breathe!” he told me. I laid my head on his chest.

“It was just a nightmare, I don’t even remember it really” I told him, trying to comfort him. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close.

“I just don’t know what I’d do if anything happened to you” he whispered into my hair. He kissed top of my head.

~~

“Hello Ms. Comptson! What seems to be the problem?” an egger young doctor asked me. I was sitting on the doctor table thing. Dad stood next to me watching the doctor closely.

“I, uh, I’ve been really sick lately. Everyone thinks I’m dying!” I tried to joke. I really hated doctor’s offices they reminded me of hospitals. Not to mention this doctor looked a hell of a lot like Carlisle. It was kind of scary. But this doctor had green eyes, and wasn’t deathly pale.

“Well. It really isn’t flu season. So let’s take some tests, eh?” he was trying to be polite but I knew he was nervous. He must be new here or something. I nodded. He took my blood and temperature and stuff like that. After giving the tests to a tech he sat in a chair in front of me.

“Okay. I’m going to have to ask you some questions, they’re routine.” He told me. I nodded and leaned on dad a little. The doctor grew a little uncomfterable. “Okay. Uh, are you sexually active?”

I watched him, not expecting that question. “Uh, yea” I said uncomfterable. Figures I would get this question when my dad was standing next to me. It wasn’t like I was 16 anymore. I’m 18 almost 19 years old, its normal.

“Okay. When was the last time you had your period?” the doctor was still comfterable. I looked down trying to remember.

“Oh shit.” I muttered as the blood work came back. The doctor read the file and said something. I couldn’t hear him. I already knew what that blood work said. I felt dad hug me tightly, but I didn’t respond. What would Gabriel say? What would Xander say? I looked down at my abdomen and rested a hand on it.

I am pregnant. Oh my god! OH MY GOD! I’m going to have a baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
NOW YOU GUYS KNOW!!! i know it was predictable, it was supposed to be. haha.
what do you think will happen when gabriel finds out about the baby?
thank you those who comment, it makes me feel loved. and its always good to know you guys like it.
ENJOY!