Status: In progress

My Only One

Yeah, you’re phones ringing baby boo.

~Alex~
I obviously wasn’t going to park anywhere near my house or Megan’s so I parked down the street. I got up to the house and looked through the windows that were near Megan’s to make sure no one was there. I looked up and Megan’s window was open. Thank God. There is a white picket fence thing attached to the wall under the window so I started to climb up.

Halfway up, I heard a faint knock. I looked around but I didn’t see anything so I kept on climbing. I heard it again, looked and saw Angela, Megan’s sister, in the window. I put my finger to my lips to tell her to be quiet. She nodded, smiled and walked away. I climbed up to Megan’s window and easily slipped through. I did it all the time.

Her room was full of stuff. I went into her closet and grabbed three really good sized bags and if I needed to get more I would come back later. I filled two of the bags with all of her clothes. She had so much but I knew exactly which ones she would want the most. The next bag I filled with CD’s and knickknacks and books and some of her jewelry. I started out the window when something sort of shimmered on the dresser when the light from the sun entered the room.

It was the necklace I bought Megan for her last birthday. I turned around and put it in my pocket and started to climb down the fence. I made it down alright and I started to walk before I saw something I hoped wasn’t there. I looked to the window to my left to see Megan’s mom looking right at me. I started to run. I ran through her yard and was a house away when Megan’s mom came sprinting through the door. “Get back here!” She yelled.

I ran like hell. I didn’t even know I could run this fast. She was catching up to me surprisingly fast. The woman was in shape. I kept running until I heard something hit the pavement. I turned around and saw the necklace I bought for Megan on the ground. I ran back and picked it up and went to turn around when Megan’s mom grabbed onto one of the bags in my hand. I tried to pull away but she wouldn’t let go. “Get off of me!” I yelled. “Where’s my daughter?” I shook my head and yelled again. People were looking out the windows of their houses at us. She saw them. “You’re lucky, boy. Don’t you dare try coming back here again.” She let me go and I ran to my car and drove away, speeding down the street.

When I got to Rian’s, all four of them were eating pizza and playing X-box like nothing had happened. “Alex, what took you so long?” Megan stood up but then sat back down immediately because of the pain in her leg. “You’re mom caught me but she let me go. She told me not to ever come back again but I don’t think I got all of your stuff.” She smiled when I handed her the bags. “This is fine. As long as you’re with me, that’s all I need.” I smiled.
“Love you, baby.”

“Love you too.”

A week later (~Alex~)

Megan has been staying at Rian’s for a week and it’s been going fine. I called my mom that night to tell her where I was and not to tell Megan’s mom anything because if she’s sees Megan again she’ll hurt her. She agreed not to tell. I love my mom.

Megan seems to be doing fine though. Jack has stayed here most of the nights, too, which was helping her a lot. Everyone being here made her feel a little bit better. Zack already lived here in the first place and Jack, Megan and I lived here half the time anyway so this was sort of normal stuff for us. Megan has called her sisters every day off of my phone because I left hers in her bedroom. I honestly didn’t see it. Good thing I grabbed her IPod. I would’ve been going back the next day to get it if I hadn’t.

Sometime during the week, I think on Wednesday, I went home to pick a lot of my stuff up. Me and Megan took Rian’s guest room and made it into our own. He didn’t have any other guests that would have needed it anyway. Rian’s a good guy. He would let a complete stranger stay at his house if I said I knew him. That’s what I liked about him. And the fact that he could drum.

So after we got settled in the night Megan moved in, I told Rian and Zack about the Hopeless Records contract. They went crazy. We had a little celebration that night. It was a good time. I’m expecting a call from Hopeless later to set up a meeting so we can take a look at contracts and all of that. I’m not really sure how all of this works but I’m sure that we’ll figure it out.
“Babe, you’re phone’s ringing,” Megan yelled from the living room. Speak of the devils.

“Yeah, you’re phones ringing baby boo,” Jack called. I walked out into the living room and smacked him on the back of the head. “Hey, man!” I smiled. “Sorry Honey buns.” He laughed and I picked up the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Alex. This is Richard calling from Hopeless Records. I believe we talked on the phone last week.”

“Right, hello.”

“We’d like to set up a meeting with you and the rest of All Time low this upcoming Wednesday if it’s not too much of a trouble.”

“What’s that, in four days?” I looked at Rian and he nodded that our calendar was free. “Yeah, that’s fine.”

“Alright, good. I’ll see you guys then.” He hung up. Wow, we’re having a meeting with Hopeless Records.

My dreams are finally starting to come true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading :) Leave a comment and let me know what you think.