Status: In progress

My Only One

Not my Cheerios!

~Jack~

These last three days before we left for tour just flew by. I thought that because of how anxious we were, it would feel like forever but it really didn’t. I’ve been having a lot of problems lately though, so that sort of added length to the days. I’m trying to get over whatever feelings I had for Megan but sometimes it’s so hard.

There’s just something about her I’ll always be attracted to. Yeah, she’s really pretty but there’s something about her personality that I just love. She really is amazing but she and Alex kind of love each other and all that shit so I’m pretty screwed. Oh well. I mean, I had to get over it sometime, right? With my luck I probably wouldn’t.

Anyway, today was the day. It was finally the day that we left. I couldn’t sleep because of how nervous I was so I was the only one up. I expected Alex would probably be the next one up. It was five o clock right now so we had about two hours to get all of our shit together and get ready to be picked up by our bus. We would also get to meet our manager today too which was really exciting. I hope he wasn’t a big asshole or something.

I got up and started to get all of my suitcases lined up next to the door and I even grabbed the box of little demo CD’s we had and the box full of shirts, which were just black t-shirts with our band name on it. Nothing really exciting or anything. No one is probably going to want to buy any of our stuff anyway. It didn’t even matter.

I walked into the kitchen and started making something to eat and I heard footsteps in the living room and I turned around to see Alex walk into the kitchen. I knew he would be up next. “Hey, man,” I said as he rubbed his eyes and opened the fridge. He didn’t respond so I kept talking. “Did you get any sleep?” He turned around with a gallon of milk in his hands and shook his head.

“Not at all. You?”

“Me neither.”

“So, are you excited?”

“That along with a couple other things, yes.”

“Richard was saying something about how nice our manager was so at least we don’t have to worry about that.”

I nodded and took the toast that I was making out of the toaster as it popped out. “We should probably start waking everyone up,” I said. He nodded. “If we don’t get them up now, we’ll end up making the bus wait for us for a half an hour. I still need to shower.”

“Our bus is going to have a shower isn’t it?” I asked him.

“Oh, you’re right. Alright, let’s get everyone up really quick. I want to finish my Cheerios.”

We walked into the living room and started shaking people and yelling at them and pushing them off the couches. I jumped on top of Rian and I think I kneed him in the balls because he opened his eyes and yelled at me. He even took a swing at me but I jumped back before he could actually hit me. “Woah, bro. Chill out, would you?” I said laughing at him.

“Hahaha. Fuck off,” he said as he got up and went to his room. Right after he came out with two suitcases in his hands. “Did you happen to make breakfast,” he asked me as he set the suitcases next to mine by the door. “You wish I made you breakfast,” I replied. He shook his head and walked to the kitchen.

“Oh, Cheerios!” Alex quickly looked up and took off running toward the kitchen. “NOOOOOO! Not my Cheerios!” He yelled. I shook my head. “Megan, will you bring your stuff to the door and go eat?” She nodded and walked into the bedroom. “Zack, will you get your stuff?” He sat up and looked at me.

“How about,” he started as he stood up, “You go get my stuff out of the car and I make myself something to eat?” I agreed and walked out to Zack’s car and was amazed to see he only had one suitcase with him. It was a big suitcase, yes, but c’mon. I had three suitcases. It’s mostly filled with jeans and hairspray but that’s not the point. Alex and I together though probably have fifteen pairs of shoes in our suitcases. We really like our shoes.

We all ended up being ready by 6:15 which was really nice because the bus got here at around 6:30. I looked out the window and saw some guy with a hat on walking up to the door. I assumed he was our new co manager so I opened the door for him before he had a chance to knock. He looked up at me questioningly and put his hand on his chin. “Zack?”

I stuck out my hand as he shook it and shook my head. “Jack. And you must be Matt, right?” He nodded and walked into the house. “Yes sir. Are you guys ready? I know we’re early but it would be nice to get a head start.” I looked around and saw no one in the living room. I closed the door and told him to hold on for a second as I walked into the kitchen looking for everyone. They were all sitting around the table eating donuts.

“The bus is here. Our new manager is in the living room.” Alex stood up quickly and walked into the room followed by Megan, Rian and Zack and then myself.

“Hi,” Alex started, “I’m Alex. This is Zack, Rian and Megan.” He nodded at everyone as Alex said their name. “Hi guys. So are you all ready to get going?” Everyone looked at each other and we all nodded. We were ready. We were going on tour with Mayday Parade and Paramore. This was so unreal. We followed Matt with our suitcases out the door. The bus looked really nice on the outside. We made sure we had all of our stuff and Rian locked the door. “This is it,” I said as I looked at Megan. She grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

“The first time you guys will meet Mayday Parade, Paramore and Set it off will be at the show tomorrow or maybe earlier. It kind of depends on when we get to the venue. Alright?” We all gave him a “mhm” and continued walking down the driveway.

Everyone went on the bus before me. I was kind of nervous. I turned around and looked at Rian’s house, the house that I had been living in for a really long time now. I gave it one last goodbye as I turned around and walked onto the bus.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought I would try something new here. This point of view will probably never happen again. It turned out pretty well though, I think. Let me know what you think :P
-Megan