Status: This is my first attempted werewolf story that I have put out on the web so please be patient with me. :)

Five Lies

Bloodline Deceiver

Bloodline Deceiver

Looking back on it, I don't completely understand why I didn't realize it sooner. Being a hunter, silver glowing eyes are a distinct sign that a werewolf is turned on. I guess it was something about them that made me get lost in his gaze. Crouton went in for the kiss and at the time I was completely mesmerized. His warm lips tasted oddly like honey and they felt amazingly inviting to the touch. My mind was swimming with a lot of fantasies featuring the two of us and to be quite honest I had to claw at the bark beneath my fingertips to keep myself from doing the same to his chest. It was like I was under some kind of spell with his mouth attached to my own.

Once I came to a sudden realization of what I was kissing, I shoved him off of me and gave him a nice spinning back kick to the pelvis. Fuck! And I was enjoying that too? Why did I always fall for the boys I had to kill? Story of my life!

He crippled in pain and he laid there on the ground for a moment before starting up a low growling deep in his chest cavity. Shit. I pissed him off. Well guess what Bitch, I was a raging steam factory because I was starting to fall for your ass and you had to turn out to be a damn werewolf! God I hated that when it happened... which seemed odd to me, but all of the guys I've fallen for have turned out to be a fucking monster. Pissed me off. I was not happy with fucker either.

His eyes flashed back up to me and this time they were topaz. Typical. Wolves generally turned a yellowish topaz color when they are pissed. It wasn't like in the movies where they were like that the entire time. About half of the time, wolves are quite calm. They do most of their damage in a discrete manner. There’s nothing new there, just the way of the wolf.

Before I knew what hit me, I was pinned between the ground and a mutt. He transformed quickly. Faster than any transformation I had ever seen in my days as a young huntress. He pounced instantly and without a human thought in his head. He had gone straight to animal instinct mode, snarling at me as I stared up into the features of a large black alpha male. It was evident that Crouton had the makings of alpha status. But thinking about it as I did, it would only make sense that the rest of the boys were also werewolves. They must be a pack. And for some reason, Crouton had given his alpha position to his brother Soul Glow. That brought up the one question that I would be stuck on for the next few weeks. Why?

I winced in pain as my body hit the cold ground with a loud thud. Crouton’s nose was pressed up against my throat, giving me a reminder that at any moment he could rip it out effortlessly. As soon as he touched me, I could feel everything he was. That freaked me the fuck out. That had never happened before. I had touched many of wolves. Hell, I killed a few of them. But Crouton was the first that I had shared this experience with. His snarling faded into a low hum and eventually to silence. I stared up at the dark wolf on top of me, trying to catch my breath and struggling to keep my mind to myself. I didn’t want to look into the memories of this guy’s past. I wasn’t sure if he was experiencing the same on the other side. If he was, I sure as hell didn’t want him knowing my business.

I could feel the anger inside of him, the equivalent to a thousand burning suns diminish in an instant. His blazing topaz eyes dimmed to his normal human color and he let me up. I sat up and we sat there and stared at one another for a moment. I wondered what he had tapped into to make him so calm. Normally by now, either I would be dead or he would. He disappeared behind a thick tree trunk and reappeared a few seconds later fully dressed and in his human form. He must have had extra clothes with him in the bag that he had slung over his shoulder. He approached me and stared into my eyes.

“I’m surprised you haven’t realized who I am yet Phoenix,” He said and his gaze fell to the ground. “It kind of hurts.” He finished.

“What? What on God’s green earth are you talking about?” I raised an eyebrow at him. His eyes flashed and a pained expression shadowed his face. He didn’t answer me and walked past me back towards the studio. I chased after him and wondered why I hadn’t slaughter the beast yet. For some reason I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Damn my curiosity.

I caught up with him and placed my hand on his shoulder. “Wait! Seriously, tell me what I’m missing here because obviously I don’t get it.” I bellowed. He stopped dead in his tracks and spun around to face me.
He pushed away from me, shoving me in the opposite direction.

“Tyler was right. You never cared about what had happened to me. When I went missing in the woods, did you ever sit there and wonder why I had never came back? Didn’t it occur to you that I could be dead? Some best friend.” He went on this crazy rant. Wait a minute. Was he talking about Jacob? Damn werewolf! Was he seriously using that memory against me? He was pretending to be Jacob? That’s fucked up. No matter how you look at it.

“Fuck you! How dare you use that against me, you monster!” I shoved him and he flew back against the trunk of an old oak tree. His eyes flashed yellow and before I knew what happened he had pinned me again, this time against a large boulder. He pressed his lips to mine and the kiss was soft and tender. My eyes fluttered shut and butterflies filled my insides. Fucking evil little things. I always hated them! Suddenly an old memory resurfaced. It was the one that I had nightmares about after I had lost my best friend to those dreadful hounds. It was my last memory of Jacob and it replayed itself in my head, scrolling through my mind as if it were a film. I loved him so. And kissing Crouton now made me want to kick myself not realizing something earlier.

He broke away and my eyes lifted to lock with his gaze. They looked so familiar to me. And suddenly it all came rushing into my head at once. I finally knew why those eyes of his had been haunting me.

“J-Jacob?” My voice echoed and seemed to waver in the dead of night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated lately. Hoping to more often.
Disclaimer: I do not own Family force five.
sorry it's a little short. maybe I'll make up for it by making the next chapter extra long. xP
other than that, enjoy. It's not the best, but hope ya'll like it anyway!