Status: hiatus :(

Turn Around

Meet

I think I finally found a note
To make you understand


I stared unprogressively at the bundle of clothes spilling over the open zipper of my bag. I’d been profusely weighing my outfit options for the last five minutes. I was sure Niall wouldn’t have cared if he saw me dressed in a baggy and frayed oversized t-shirt but I wanted to be on the safe side just in case. Finally giving up on everything, I grabbed a pair of black leggings and a blue pullover, getting into them.

I scrutinized my appearance and grimaced at the limp strands around my face. I adjusted my hair into a messy ponytail. After thirty seconds of fiddling around, I ran out of Nadia’s bedroom still not content with the way I looked. I could’ve patted on makeup but I thought I was being a little bit of a perfectionist.

My best friend was sitting down of her living room, back propped against the arm of the sofa clad in only a long woollen sweater that stopped mid-thigh. Her pale cream legs stretched out in front her, crossed over the other.

She hadn’t realised I was there until I set myself on the end of the couch. Her head lifted and an innocent smile played along her lips. “Hey. Ready to go?” she asked closing the novel in her hands.

I laughed at her inattentiveness, grazing my stare down her outfit. “You’re going to wear that?”

Nadine’s eyes followed mine and her cheeks changed into an obvious shade of red. “I was going to wear trackpants with it - don’t worry. I’m sure Niall would appreciate you even more.”

I rolled my eyes at her cheeky comment. "Well hurry. He's gonna come soon." She pursed her lips together, an unnatural sound escaping the tightened mouth and it took me a while to decipher what that meant. "Nadine! You've got such a dirty mind."

She snorted. "You don't need to be bloody dirty to understand that."

"What has gotten into you?" I stared, wide eyed at my best friend who had changed dramatically since last night. "You're meant to be the reponsible one. The one who's serious in these situations. Not the one teasing me and having their head in the gutter."

Nadine tightened her mouth into a line once more, leaning forward to put er book on top of the coffee table. She stood up pulling down her sweater just under her thighs. Another smirk replaced her pursed lips.

"It's because this is all so bloody hilarious. You would be the last person I'd see be so conflicted over a single lad." My eyebrows srunched up together, analyzing het words. "Now if you excuse me I'll go get changed before your boyfriend gets an eyeful of my legs. That's disgusting."

Nadine exited the room, leaving me all alone to deal with my back and forth thoughts. She was undeniably correct - I was also the very last person I thought would be having great problems over a boy. It simply didn't seem like me. This was why she was my best friend. She understood me as nobody else did.

Thankfully, the series of knocks were heard throughout the entire flat flying me out of my mind. At the same time, there was the sound of objects clashing coming from the only bedroom and I laughed at her clumsy antics.

As soon as I reached the door the nerves hit again. This time it hit back as hard as ever - like a fully solid gust of wind determined to knock me down. Nobody had to try hard to achieve that. I thought my heart was about to explode from all the anticipation.

I stretched out my right arm, swallowing a little, preparing myself for what I had wanted to do from the start. This was the day I decided to go forth with my own personal wishes. I just hoped that nothing came by to mess with the moment.

"Hey Chris-" I didn't even intend for Niall to finish the greeting as I grabbed the collar of his jumper. I curled my hands into a fist, pulling his face closer to mine. "Wha-" Then I stood on my toes and crashed our lips together before I allowed myself to have he time to change my mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am sorry for updating very very late but I'm not sorry for this chapter because I love it :3