Status: hiatus :(

Turn Around

Voice

I've heard you over the radio too many times to count,
but I didn't know it would sound this good in real life


"We're starting in five," Vic yelled out and then leaves the studio.

It wasn't really the actual studio but rather a spacious room, in a studio, built in as a place where the artists could practice their performances and learn choreography. Everyone gathered around in the center of the room all starting small conversations between each other, and I noticed how obvious my brother and his friends were - attempting to stay as far away from the other boys.

One Direction was the boy group chosen to perform with the band in the next music festival. Most people would have screamed in awful joy as they have been given the chance to work with the world's biggest boy band but not them, oh not them. Their expressions when they were informed made me want to break down in tears - both from sadness, because of their utter disappointment, and from glee as their usually smug faces fell.

I stood from the hard bench lining the pale walls to make my way towards Leo and his group of friends or, as I would've preferred to call them, fiends. They were situated in the farthest corner of the room obviously wanting to ignore everyone else. They had always been like that, cocky and borderline obnoxious, always "knowing" that they were better than anybody else, specially musically talented, wise over the others.

Pulling on a grin I said, "How's it going boys? Enjoying your new friends?"

"I'd like to put a hole in my new friends' faces. That's friendly for me."

My middle finger twitched and I was tempted to flip him off right. Instead, I stretcedh my fingers keeping the smile. "Well you would never know how they're really like until you get to know them. Stop being an ass, honestly."

Hayden clenched his jaw as he did so often. “I’m not. I’m scared they might do something to me. They are gay, you know.”

Leo laughed. “You got that right.”

“I see,” I began. “I have a question to ask; has any homosexual person ever done anything to you? Have you ever seen thing such as gay rapists, gay offenders and homos sexually harassing anyone? Does it matter if boys like other boys? Does it irritate you? Does it bother your own personal life? I don’t see any reason why.”

All four of them were speechless at my quick argument and hesitated to reply. They didn’t get a chance to rebut though as Vic strutted into the room in such a way that made me doubt his usual masculine demeanor. Maybe my small speech had found a way to squeeze itself in the walls of my brain.

“Come on now!” He clapped his hands twice trying to get everyone’s attention. I hurriedly walked back to my seat knowing how Vic coped with tardiness and distractions. Let us just say he did not take those things as lightly as I would've. “Hurry,” he ushered. “We don’t have all day.”

As he got the choreographers into their correct places, I noticed the blond boy who saved me earlier. It had taken me a while to realize that he was a member of the world-renowned boy band One Direction. That title was enough to make other artists nervous. Maybe that was why my brother’s band loathed them to the core. Maybe the world’s biggest band right now intimidated them and it wasn’t hard to see why. Of course, not one of them would ever admit to being afraid of One Direction.

Boys could be extremely stubborn at times.

Vic’s sharp voice slapped me back into reality. “One Direction will be singing first with ‘One Thing’. You boys will have to choose a good upbeat song then a slower one, possibly a ballad then ‘Moments’ with Ed. He isn’t here today unfortunately. But I promise you, this will be a great show.” He beamed at the small crowd before adding, “And it better be a good one. I am not wasting my time with laziness, okay?”

A short chorus of murmurs followed this question. “Chop chop.” There wenr his feminine claps once more.

The dancers stiffened at the sound of the first beats streaming out of the big speakers placed at the two back corners of the room. The song wasn’t new to anyone in the same building, heck, even the same planet. ‘One Thing’ had to be the most over-played song on the radio in the past two months right after their first single, ‘What Makes You Beautiful’. When you got past through the cheesiness of the song, you'd enjoy the catchy rhythm and even appreciate the lyrics a little more. It seemed like a fast ballad for me.

Everybody, who was anybody, knew Liam was always the first one to sing. Out of all of them, his voice sent a curious chill down my spine. An eighteen year old was not allowed to have such a voice. I didn’t know if it’s the actual singing or if it’s those warm brown eyes that captured your gaze. Next up was the one and only Harry Styles. I honestly did’t know what all the fuss was about. He was fairly easy on the eyes, attractive if I must say so myself, but nothing that striked me as gorgeous. The next boy, I did get. If I were forced to sleep with anybody in the world, it would be with him. Though his voice was a tone too soft for my liking.

Everybody listened to the much-anticipated part of Niall. I know about their fandom’s craving for more solos for Niall and his other band mate Louis. And I didn’t need an argument from a fan to know why.

“Now I’m climbing the walls but you don’t notice at all.”

My ears yearned for him to sing that line once more. Sing that line to me. With torso eagerly leaning forward, eyes intent on catching every movement his lips make and lips stretching into a wide grin as each word passed his mouth.

“That I’m going out of my mind, all day and all night.”

I, out of mild desperation to be closer to the angel’s voice, fell onto the wooden floorboards by leaning out too far. I laughed silently as I realize I’m waiting impatiently for his turn to sing again even though in the back of my mind I knew he only has a single part.

I didn’t bother listening to the rest of the song as my mind kept whirring back to his voice. Despite the other boys losing their accents, his Irish tone didn’t ever fade when he spilled out melodies. It’s something everyone should cherish.

The only reason I found out that they’re finished with the song wass when the ocean blue orbs finds my own. He waved in my direction and I couldn’t help but return the favour. Though when I finally averted my gaze I found my brother’s familiar glare.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy birthday to the amazing Liam Payne! (aka my beautiful husband). I didn't know when exactly to greet him (stupid time differences). But aaanyways, I hope you guys enjoys this chapter :) Thank you to the subscribers after the first chapter!