Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

procrastination.

Gerard's POV

Around 1 the movie ended and as much as I hated to face the facts, the fact was that I had to get home. Our flight was at 5, we were leaving at 3 and that would mean that if I left in that moment I’d be home by 1:30, giving me an hour and a half to sleep before we left. I knew I should have left earlier, but I didn’t want to leave Teigh before she was ready for bed. By the looks of things, she was ready to fall asleep.

“Sugar, I think it’s time we get you to bed.” I whispered into her ear.

“You have to get going, don’t you?” she asked sadly, in a sleepy voice.

“Mhmm. I don’t want to, but I have to.” I frowned. “My parents will kill me if I screw up their vacation plans.”

“It’s okay, I can only hold you hostage for so long.” she smiled, sitting up.

“I hardly call it holding me hostage.” I mumbled, standing up to stretch.

“What was that?” she asked me standing as well. She was a bit wobbly at first, and nearly fell back onto the couch.

“It’s not hostage if I’m not here on my own free will.” I answered, trying not to embarrass myself too much.

“Okay.” she smiled. “Wait here for a sec. I’ll be right back.”

“Alright.” I half expected her to walk into the bathroom, but instead she stumbled off into her bedroom.

A moment later, she returned with a small gift bag in hand.

“What’s this?” I asked confused when she handed it to me.

“Don’t open it till you’re on the plane.” she smiled innocently.

“Sugar, you didn’t need to get me anything. I’ll be back in three weeks.”

“I just felt like being tacky.” she laughed.

“I doubt that whatever’s in this bag is tacky.” I argued.

“Well, regardless, just promise not to open it till you’re on the plane.” she looked down sadly.

“I promise. I won’t open it till I’m on the plane.” I gave her a hug.

We were now standing at the door. I knew I only had moments left with her, and I hated it. And here, I was again faced with the strong temptation to kiss her. We stood there, very still, her arms around my neck and mine around her waist. I wished that I could stand there forever. Her face was nestled against my chest, and I could feel her breathing evenly, in and out.

Teigann’s POV

I knew it was only 3 weeks, but I wasn’t sure how I was going to last without having him with me everyday. I cringed at the mere idea of it, never mind facing the reality of it. Knowing that I had to let him leave so he could sleep before he left to catch his flight, I acted on impulse, and placed a gentle farewell kiss on his chest, snuggling back into him afterwards, feeling embarrassed for my actions and hoping he wouldn’t mind.

Gerard’s POV

I felt the ghostly kiss on my chest from Teigann as I stood with my eyes closed, memorizing the sensation. It was so hard to go against my instincts and not kiss her right there, but I was resilient and instead, just held her closer to me. It was time to leave, and I couldn’t fight it anymore. I pulled back away from her, without letting her go, but just enough so her body wasn’t immediately rested against mine anymore. I stared down into her eyes, the grey orbs that contained so much sadness and desperation at the moment.

“I promise to keep in touch sweetheart.” I whispered without much thought of why I should stay quiet.

“Okay…” she pouted. “But I’m still going to miss you every day that you’re gone.”

Her eyes were glossy and I wasn’t sure if she was just tired or if it was a friendly trait of the sadness that seemed to be filling them.

“Keep your chin up. I’ll be back in no time, you’ll see.”

And when I went to lean in and give her my farewell kiss, which I’d been trying to gather the courage for, I chickened out, and instead, placed a steady kiss delicately on her forehead. And then, for a few moments longer, our stance lingered, my hands still at her waist, hers still around my shoulders, head nestled once again against my chest.

“Mmm.. okay. You’d better go before I decide to not let you leave.” she mumbled into my chest, sighing afterwards.

“Alright, I really do need to get home.”

“Just remember to open the bag once you’re on the plane.”

“Don’t worry sugar. I’ll open it as soon as I’m on the plane. Chin up, okay?” I knew that as I spoke I was beginning to blush. Again, I leaned in, and kissed her forehead. “Goodnight and sweet dreams. I’ll talk to you soon okay?”

“Okay.” she answered, blushing more than me. “Go home and sleep till you leave. Get a good sleep, and have beautiful dreams.”

“Thank you love.”

And with that, I released her from my arms, and turned to open the door. Once in my car, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath before putting the keys in the ignition, and pulling out of the driveway. I sent her one more smile, and a short wave, and I saw, even in the dark, that she waved back and tried to send a smile too.