Status: (this was originally titled Out of the Darkness) in progress! please leave comments/criticisms <3

A Little's Enough

the shopping spree.

Teigann's POV

"So everything is good then?" Toby asked through a mouth full of chicken fried rice.
I grinned, nodding my head in response. "It seems so. I'm going to keep living at October's place for now, my mom wants me to stay there until they are sure that Brian won't come back. She wants to make sure I'm safe."

He grinned from ear to ear. "That's so great Teigh." He took a sip of his coke before finishing the last bite of his food. "When you're done eating I should probably get you back to Gee's place. He totally could have come with us, but it's nice getting the afternoon with you."
"I think he just wanted to get the place ready for the get together tonight." I grinned.

After working things out at my mom's earlier, we had decided that we would get our friends together and share our news with them. I had felt so nervous the night before, thinking of telling anyone but after the outcome with my mom, I felt so happy that I didn't want to hide it.

"It's a good thing you and I went on that dollar store shopping spree then, eh?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me, causing me to laugh.
"I guess so." I nodded. "I'm full though, I think we should head back to help him out." I pushed my take out box of food away from me. "Are you sure you don't mind coming to help set up?"

He looked at me with his head tilted to the side a bit, much like a confused puppy. "Don't I spend, like EVERY boxing day with you?"
I laughed. "Yes Tobes, you always do. Well, for the last few years at least."
"Then of course I don't mind coming to help out." He answered.

I had decided for the time being that I would hide the news from Toby. I hoped that he wouldn't be too hurt over it, but I thought it would be better to cover everyone at once. I felt bad enough that we had already told October and Mikey. I just hoped that everyone else would take it as well as October and Mikey had.

******

Once we got back to the Way's house, it wasn't long until we were all set up. There wasn't really a theme to the decorations, it mostly just looked like a 5 year old's birthday party. There were even streamers and balloons, thanks to Toby.

I had invited my mother, since things had gone well and Gerard had told his parents that we would like them to be home as well. This whole thing could really make or break us and I was hoping that it wouldn't be the latter.

Gerard's POV

I was really happy that Teigann had come around to the idea of telling our families and friends about our engagement. I knew that my parents were on board with the idea, they just didn't know I had gone ahead and popped the question.

I was so relieved when she worked through things with her mom almost effortlessly. When we left her mom's, it was as if she were a completely different person. Just in the sense that she seemed happier than she had in a long time. Since I had met her, there had been a sadness hanging over her head, even in her happiest moments. Today, it seemed as if that sadness was gone.

"Earth to Gerard..." Mikey waved a hand in front of my face, grinning.
"Sorry Mikes, what's up?" I gave him a goofy grin in return.
"I just asked what time everyone was showing up for. You were wicked spaced out there." He chuckled.
"Oh, sorry. I believe we asked everyone to be here around 7." I rubbed the back of my neck, nerves beginning to kick in.

"Don't be nervous Gee. You got the girl. Who gives a shit what anyone else says?" Mikey seemed to read my worries just by looking at me.
"Thanks Mikey. I guess I just want everyone's support, I know it means a lot to Teigann that everyone is okay with this."
He nodded in understanding before giving me a quick smile and turning back to leave the room again.

With that, I decided to start getting ready. Teigann was downstairs with Toby and October, the rest of the gang would be along shortly. I headed to the bathroom to take a quick shower. I really didn't know why I suddenly felt so nervous, but the scalding hot water hitting my back certainly helped calm me down after a few minutes. After a few more minutes, I was finished and getting out to get changed. I picked out a pair of black jeans, and a plain black shirt. I threw on some socks before brushing my hair quickly with my fingers and heading downstairs.

Just as I reached the bottom steps, there was a knock at the door and my mother made her way over quickly to answer it.
"Hello, you must be Teigann's mother. Ms. Murphy?" I heard her ask.
I walked up behind her and smiled warmly.
"Yes, no need for formality though." She smiled meekly. "It's just plain old Teresa. Hello Gerard!"
"Come on in. I'm Donna, Gerard's mom. It's so nice to finally meet you." My mom wrapped her arm around me in a side hug.

We led her to the living room where Teigann was sitting in a deep conversation with Toby. Once she noticed her mom standing there, she stood up quickly, coming to envelope her mom in a hug. It was so nice to see the smile on her face.

Soon, everyone was showing up. The plan was to have sort of a big reveal near the middle of the evening. First we'd have dinner, then some chatting, followed by us telling everyone officially of the engagement. Hopefully it would all play out as planned, I was counting on it.