Status: Come on Directioners! :) Don't be shy!

1,000 Reasons Why I Love One Direction

2

I didn't realise this question would be so hard to answer until I tried to put my reasons into words. Unfortunately, gibberish and fangirling don't translate well onto a page. I could go on for years attempting to answer this, but I've managed to narrow it down to four main reasons. Starting with the obvious:

What Makes You Beautiful is catchy. I'd never heard of One Direction before this song was released and then suddenly they were everywhere and WMYB was stuck in my head almost constantly. I love all their music, from their X Factor performances to Up All Night and everything in between, but WMYB is the reason I paid them any attention in the first place. Curls and red pants will do that to me.

Their realness. They're currently the biggest boy band on the planet, have fans the world over and yet still manage to remain a bunch of ridiculous teenage boys. They took nerf guns to a movie premiere for crying out loud. They can be the biggest morons the world has ever seen and I will still love them.

The boys themselves. Their personalities, their hair, their accents. It should be illegal to be both that beautiful and that talented. I'm not going to list all the reasons why I class them as five of the most mind-blowingly attractive males on earth because there's way too many, but having those voices on top of that is just unfair.

The idea they could so easily not exist at all. There's just something about the fact that they were created on the X Factor - that someone else could have been placed in that group, that one of them could have said no, that they could so easily have not worked out and been a failed experiment. There's just something about the way they came together that I love.