Status: I'm finally working on Chapter 32!!!! Sorry for the long wait guys :/

How The Hell Did You Ever Pick Me?

What Did He Do To You?!

My cell phone woke me up to alert me that I need to start getting ready for work. I sighed and dragged myself out of bed. I picked a decent outfit out of the suitcase before going to the bathroom that’s connected to the room to get ready.

I walked downstairs to see my parents eating pancakes and drinking coffee in the dining room. My dad took one look at me and frowned. “Steph, you should stay home and start new on Monday. You look horrible.” He said, clearly concerned. I walked over to the table and sat next to my mom. “Are you sure? I have to finish payroll.” I replied. “You can finish payroll from your laptop here. It’s no big deal.” My dad shrugged. “Okay. I can finish them by two today.” I stated. “Sounds good.” My dad smiled at me. My mom slid me a plate of pancakes and a cup of coffee. It was completely silent…until my brothers came running downstairs. My dad stood up and asked Michael and David “Are you ready for school?” They both groaned. “I’ll take that as a yes.” My dad laughed before grabbing his briefcase. My dad left with my brothers, leaving just my mom and I in the house. I sat and talked to my mom for about an hour before heading back up to my room to finish payroll.

I finished payroll about a half hour earlier than I expected to. I took this as my chance to call Mike. I picked up my phone and dialed Mike’s number. He picked up after the third ring.

“Hey Sunshine.” He answered. “Hey Mike…you called last night?” I responded. He went quiet for a few seconds before responding. “Uhhh…yeah. Well, I heard you and Kellin split yesterday. And well I thought that maybe I should call and comfort you because I know how much you care about him. And…I’m sorry.” He replied. Tears quickly formed and slid down my cheeks as I recalled the events from yesterday. I let out a shaky breath. “Hey Babe….please don’t cry.” Mike said sweetly. “It just hurts so much.” I sobbed into the receiver. “What did he do to you?!” He demanded. I can tell Mike is not too happy about me crying over Kellin. “Don’t worry about it.” I choked out. “Steph, please tell me.” Mike softly pleaded. “I came home from work yesterday and found him cheating on me with Gabe’s ex-girlfriend on our fucking couch. I kicked her out and packed my bags and left. He’s been cheating on me. You’re right, I’m so fucking stupid. I was too stupid to see it. It just hurts so much, Mike.” I sobbed into the phone. I wasn’t planning on telling him what happened, but it all slipped out of my mouth. I could hear Mike inhale sharply. “Stephanie, you’re not stupid. Okay? You were blinded by love. Don’t cry over that asshole. He doesn’t deserve you. He just lost the best thing that could ever happen to him. Any guy would be lucky to have you, Hun.” Mike replied. “I feel like I didn’t deserve him. He’s Kellin Quinn…the guy every girl dreams to have. I’m just Stephanie Smalley a normal girl from Grand Rapids. I’m not special, Mike.” I choked out. He sighed before speaking. “Stephanie, he’s just a normal guy. Just because he’s in a band doesn’t make him any different from you. I…I think you’re right…you’re not special; you’re extraordinary.” He paused for a couple seconds before continuing. “If I had you I would never let you go.” I smiled through the tears because of what Mike just said. “You…really mean that, Mikey?” I replied. “Yes Steph, I do.” He answered. “I just wish I could hang out with you again.” I replied awkwardly.

He was silent for a minutes before saying “Come on tour with us when we go to the UK. We need someone to do merch.” He seriously wants me to sell merch for them? “Are you serious?” I asked, shocked. “Well yeah, I just have to talk to the guys and our manager about it, but I’m sure it won’t be a problem.” He stated. Well, I do think I need to get away from this town. Hanging out with the guys would definitely take my mind off the break up. I could talk to my dad and see if I can work from my laptop. “Okay, Mike. I just have to talk to my dad about it.” I answered. “Great, well I’m going to call my manager and talk to the guys about it.” He chuckled. “Okay.” I said simply. “I have to get back to the guys; we’re in the middle of practice.” He stated. “Okay Mikey. Have fun.” I smiled. He chuckled and said “I will. And ummm…Stephanie, please don’t cry over him. He’s not worth your tears.” I smiled at the thought of Mike caring so much. “I’ll try my best.” I replied. And with that we said our goodbyes.

I laid down in my bed as I thought about what Mike said. Maybe Kellin really didn’t deserve me. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as I thought about going to the UK to tour with Mike, Vic, Tony, and Jaime. Maybe my life isn’t as bad as I think it is.

Mike P.O.V

As soon as I got off the phone with Steph, I punched the wall beside me. How could he cheat on her like that? He’s so lucky I don’t live in Grand Rapids. I don’t even want to think about the things I would do to him for hurting Stephanie. “Woah! What’s wrong, Bro?” Vic asked as he stepped out of the practice room. “Kellin fucking cheated on her!” I shouted angrily. “Why is this your problem?” Vic questioned. I hate how Vic doesn’t understand just how much I care about her. I inhaled sharply. “Vic, I care about Stephanie. Hearing that Kellin cheated on Stephanie pisses me off to no end. She doesn’t deserve that.” I sighed. Vic crossed his arms and smirked. “But didn’t you tell me you and her had a small “thing” going over the summer?” Vic commented. I started pacing the living room since I was growing rapidly irritated with Vic. “She didn’t fuck me though. Kellin fucked another girl.” I shot. “Kellin fucked another girl?” Jaime shouted. Vic and I both looked over at the same time to see Tony and Jaime walking out of the practice room. Jaime and Tony looked taken aback. “Yes, the scumbag fucking cheated on her! I just got off the phone with her and she’s crying her fucking eyes out over him.” I sighed. “Well, that’s fucked.” Tony replied quietly. “Yeah…yeah it is.” I agreed. “Poor Dollface.” Jaime pouted. I guess now is the time to ask them if it’s okay if Steph sells merch for us. Hopefully Vic is okay with it.

I cleared my throat before speaking. “Guys I need to ask you something.” “What is it?” Vic asked. I looked at Vic and gave him a hopeful smile. Tony and Jaime waited patiently for what I had to say. “We need someone to sell merch for us when we go to Europe and well…how about Stephanie comes to the UK with us?” I asked nervously, afraid of what Vic might say. Tony and Jaime smiled instantly. “I’m fine with it. Steph’s cool to chill with.” Tony replied first. “I’m all for it. Dollface is a hell of a partier.” Jaime joked. I smiled at Jaime and Tony’s responses. The three of us all looked at Vic to hear what he has to say. A small smile spread across Vic’s face. “I guess I see no problem with it. How could I say no when she means this much to you?” Vic smiled. I engulfed my brother in a hug. “Thanks big Bro.” I smiled. The hard part is over. Now it’s time to call Dave to tell him that we found a new merch girl. Maybe Stephanie and I can finally be together after all.

Vic’s P.O.V.

Mike, Jaime, and Tony looked at me, waiting for my approval. The only reason why I don’t approve of Mike liking Stephanie is because she is…well was Kellin’s girl. But, fuck it…family comes first. I haven’t seen Mike care for a girl this much since High School. I can’t say no to him. I just hope Stephanie doesn’t hurt him like Cara hurt me. It would kill me to see my lil brother going through what I went through. I gave the guys a small smile. “I guess I see no problem with it. How could I say no when she means this much to you?” I answered. Mike’s eyes lit up. He walked over to me and hugged me tightly. ”Thanks big Bro.” Mike said. “No problem. Just don’t get hurt.” I replied. He let go of me and let out a small chuckle. “I won’t get hurt.” He said matter of factly.

Stephanie’s P.O.V

After Dinner, I washed and dried the dishes so my mom wouldn’t have to do it. After putting all the dishes away, I checked the time on my phone. It’s six twenty which means I have roughly forty minutes until Josh and Emmie get here. Just enough time to ask my dad about going on tour.

I walked out to the living room where my parents were watching tv. I slowly walked over to them. “Hey…can I talk to you?” I asked. “Yeah…sure sweety.” My dad smiled at me. I bit my lip while playing with my septum ring. “So, Pierce The Veil needs a merch girl for their UK tour and Mike asked me if I could do it. I was wondering if I could go. I can work on payroll, paperwork, reports, and spreadsheets from my laptop on the tour bus.” I nervously stated. “When will you be leaving?” my dad questioned. “I think next month.” I replied. “Are you sure you’re going to be able to handle your work responsibilities while touring with them?” my dad questioned me. I nodded before saying “Yes, I’ll have most of the day to do whatever and I’ll use that time to do my work.” A smile spread across his face. “I don’t care as long as you get the work done. I don’t want to have to hire another person until you come back. The guy I had over the summer couldn’t get anything done nearly as fast as you can.” He replied. I hugged him tightly. Thank you so much, Dad.” I mumbled. “I just want to see my princess happy.” My dad replied.

I just got off the phone with Mike. I’ll be flying over to Leeds on the fourteenth. As soon as I set the phone down, Josh and Emmie appeared at my bedroom door. Both had bags in their hands. “I got the ice cream!” Josh yelled. “I have the whiskey and vodka!” Emmie exclaimed. Between what Mike did for me today and what Josh and Emmie are doing for me now, I already feel a little better.

“So…what did happen between you and Kellin?” Emmie slurred. I took a huge swig of Vodka before answering. “He cheated on me. Like, I was all happy and shit cuz I got out of work early on my birthday. And then he ruins it because Joclyn was half naked, straddling him on our couch. Like what the fuck is that shit? Worst fucking birthday everrrr.” I slurred. Josh and Emmie looked at me sadly. “I’m so sorry, Steph.” Josh said while pulling me into a hug. “Woah…so like Joclyn, Joclyn. Gabe’s ex Joclyn?” Emmie asked with wide eyes. “Yep.” I said, making the “p” pop. “Scumbags and sluts are pathetic.” Emmie muttered before taking a swig of whiskey. “So, what about Mike?” Josh smirked. Emmie smirked and asked “Oooo who’s Mike?” “Mike Fuentes.” I mumbled. Emmie clapped a hand over her mouth and giggled. “I remember Jesse telling me that Mike was chasing you over the summer!” Emmie squealed. “Well, now that you’re drunk, you should tell us what really went down with you and Mike.” Josh slurred. I sighed. “Do you guys promise to never tell anyone?” I asked. They eagerly shook their heads. I held out both pinkies so we could seal it with a pinky promise.

I took a swig of vodka before speaking. “Well, ummm…Mike and I met and like it was weird because we connected like instantly. We were like inseparable. He started to pursue me and my feelings grew for him. Mike was there for me when Kellin and I fought. He would comfort me and hold me until I stopped crying. Well, it turns out that by the end of Warped…we were basically fucking infatuated with each other. Mike and I…shared some heated moments, but we never like fucked. Mike even wanted me to leave Kellin for him, but it would be insane to leave someone you love for someone you like.” I slurred. Emmie giggled “Awww that’s sooooo cute. Like, he really liked you! Do you guys still talk?” “Yeah, almost every day. Ummm…I’m actually selling merch for Pierce The Veil when they go to the UK next month.” I replied. “We should go shopping this weekend, so you could look all nice and sexy for Mike!” Josh nearly shouted. “Fuck yeah!” Emmie shouted before taking another swig of whiskey. “Let’s cheers to this!” I shouted. The three of us clanged our alcohol bottles together before taking a swig.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, here's Chapter 30! I hope you guys like it :) Are you guys excited that Stephanie will be going to the UK with the SD boys? What do you think about Stephanie and Mike? Please comment with any input you have!!! You guys are amazing...I reached 120 subscribers today :') Thank you so much! <3

Stephanie's Outfit