Status: Completed.

Secret Love and the Fastest Way to Happiness

Secret Love And The Fastest Way To Happiness [24]

He thinks Im asleep. He thinks Im peacefully asleep and not watching him slip his clothes on. Typing away on his blackberry. I watched him pulling one leg at a time through his designer jeans and slipping that tight shirt over his nicely cut abs. Slipping on his shoes and taking his 200 dollar jacket on. I closed my eyes slightly when he walked over to me giving his victim one last look before he skipped out of the house, still with his limp dick popping out of his jeans. Once I heard the front door shut and the engine roaring I whipped my tears and got up. I walked down the stairs and into the fridge for some comforting food. I saw a note on the fridge.
Sam, I went to a party and ill be home by midnight. Just call my cell.
Love, Hannah

I looked at the time and it was already 2:30 in the morning. I walked up the stairs and into Hannah's room and saw she wasnt there. I walked to my room and got my phone and send her and text. 20 minutes later nothing. I called her phone and it went straight to the voice mail.
"Hannah, just call me back. I'm kind of worried."
I hung up the phone and just stared at my sidekick. I scrolled down my address book. I text Rian and Alyssa and they were already home. I stayed at a name for awhile, feeling my stomach getting filled with butterflies. I pushed the green button and shook under the sound of the riggings. After two I heard the deep and raspy hello. I got scared and hung up. My breathing got unstable and shallow. I put the phone down on my bed and just looked at the plain white wall in front of me.
"Stress can breed a psychopath
Youre all that calms me down
I forget that Im a mess when youre around
"Fuck caller ID."
I reached over pushing the green button with my shaky hand.
"Hello."
"Sam, you called?"
"Um yeah, did you go to that party tonight?" I asked picking at my nails.
"Yeah for a bit, why?"
"Did you see Hannah?"
"Yeah, for like a second, she was hanging on this douche."
"Fuck, um who?"
"I dont know, whats up Sam?"
"Nothing its just Hannah said she was going to be home at 12 and its 3 and her phones off and I dont know", I said loosing my composure and starting to freak out.
"I'm on my way."
"Alex-", the sound of the dial tone met my ears.

"Sam, did she call?"
"No."
"Come on, lets go."
He grabbed my hand as we rushed off to this car. We got in and he sped off. All I could hear is the engine softly purring and the wind whooshing past us. I sat there holding back tears feeling my hands shake as well as my body. I felt a warm hand on my knee. I looked up and Alex gave me a reassuring smile and took my hand into his. I got this immediate chill going up and down my body. I smiled and then pulled my hand out of his grip feeling my skin and body turn back to ice.
"Okay wait here okay".
I just nodded and sat there looking forward. I kept looking from the tree in front of me to the two story house to the left of me. Finally I just opened the door and spilled out the door. I walked to the door with a quickness scared to what I might catch or see. I heard some talking and a slight yell come from up the stairs. I jogged up the stairs and followed the voiced down the hall. Then my body collided into another. I looked up at Alex carrying Hannah in his arms. I looked at her, looking completely gone.
"Shes fine, shes just sleeping", he said giving me a half smile and then walking past me.
I followed them to the car and watched him put her in the back of the car carefully. I just leaned my back subtly against the car with my arms wrapped around me like a blanket.
"Here take this."
I looked up at Alex and saw he had his hoodie in his hand.
"No Im fine."
"Sam, just take it, its cold."
"Thanks."
He gave me a weak smile and leaned against the car with me. He looked over and me and bumped into me.

"Im happy you called me."
"Yeah, me too thanks."
"I mean who wouldnt call me, look at me. Im gorgeous."
"Now youre making me regret calling and hanging up on you", I said smiling.
"Oh did I crack the Sam stone, I think I did. Was that a genuine smile you got there?"
"Alex", I said in a warning voice but laughing at how ridiculous he sounded.
"Lets take you two home."
I nodded and walked around the car and got into the passenger seat. I cuddle the hoodie closer to me looking out the window watching the street lights pass us. Flashing lights playing against my skin. We pulled up to my house. I watched Alex grab Hannah and carrying her up the stairs and into her room. I stood against the door way frame watching the boy that I love taking care of my family. He did it without me asking. He covered her up with her blanket and walked over to me.
"Thank you Alex."
"Youre welcome Sam. Ill always be here for you no matter what."
I lost it there. I looked into his eyes and I could see the truth and it got me. I grabbed his hands and laced mine with his. I brought my body closer to his. I could feel his hot breathe against my lips. The tingling sensation that I got whenever he touched me. I pushed my hips into his. I felt his hands on my hips and then going up my body, up my arms and playing with the hair in the back of my head.
"Sam, you dont know what you do to me", he said as his nose rubbed against mine.
"What are you doing to me?"

"I'm not doing anything, just go with it. Just be with me."
"I cant."
I felt his grip on me release. He looked at me with such anger and confusion. He took a step back.
"Why the fuck not?"
"Cause I dont want to", I said lying through my teeth.

"Why do you keep doing this to me, is this like a game to you? Cause it sure ain't a fucking game to me. Sam you need to stop playing games and get your mind together. Ill always be there for you but Im not going to wait forever", he said raising his voice.
"I could see that."
"Lori has nothing to do with this, its you Sam. Ive been waiting for you for about four fucking years. You need to make your mind. Not for me, for you."
He turned around and walked down the stairs and out the door. I heard the door open and I stood there with hot tears streaming down my face. As I anticipated the door slamming I didnt hear anything.

"I love you Sam and I always will."