Status: I'm back! With a new story

A Broken Full Moon

Ch.4 I Will Not Die, I’ll Wait Here For You Pt.2/2

A Broken Full Moon
Ch.4 I Will Not Die, I’ll Wait Here For You Pt.2/2
(Time Of Dying-Three Days Grace) 4.0 = Magic Bullet

Then:
In a dangerously attractive voice Derek said “Start the car. Now,” I blushed at my thoughts. Stiles countered “I don’t think you should be barking orders with the way you look.” I raised an eyebrow at his confidence. Stiles continued “if I wanted to I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out in the middle of the road and leave you for dead.” Stiles sounded pretty bad ass and I had to give him credit for that, it sounded like he almost meant it. I saw the look in Derek’s eyes so I actually leant back in my seat as Derek turned to face Stiles and told him “start the car, or I’m gonna rip out your throat…with my teeth.” Yeah, Derek actually meant it.
Now:
Stiles called Scott while driving and they were talking while I was looking at Derek’s wound. I grabbed a napkin and started dabbing at it. I had moved up front and now was squashed between Derek and Stiles. As I dabbed at it I made sure not to look up at him. Even though he I felt his gaze on me. I continue cleaning it and as I got to near it he let out a hiss, and I gently ran my fingers through his black, soft hair. I heard him breathe out as I began wiping the blood on his wound away. I always carried a first aid kit just in case Rome got hurt. I grabbed it and pulled out some gauze. I fidgeted since he hadn’t stopped staring.
I looked up at him and asked “can I help you?” He was going to respond but Stiles handed him the phone saying “you’re not gonna believe where he wants me to take you.” I raised an eyebrow at Stiles. Derek grabbed the phone and spoke to Scott I didn’t really pay attention because it was a one sided conversation. As he was about to hang up I grabbed it and told Scott “remember to be careful, and don’t get shot. Oh, and tell Allison I said hey.” I hung up and gave Stiles the phone.
As he grabbed it he said “Alex, why don’t you just get back in the back. I don’t have enough breathing room.” I rolled my eyes as I wrapped the gauze around Derek. As I let go of his arm I turned to Stiles and said “right, Stiles you know you love being this close to me. I mean this is the closest you’ve ever been to a girl.” I smirked evilly at him. “Really?” Derek asked. “Ouch!” I yelled as Stiles pinched my side. This was going to be a long drive.
{BREAK}
After successfully making Stiles slap himself we called it a drawl. We pulled up at the vet’s and I couldn’t help but snort at the irony. As Stiles opened the door I let Derek lean up against me. I groaned as I hauled him up when he stumbled. I wrapped an arm around his waist and he wrapped one around my shoulders. He put his head in the crook of my neck and I had to fight giggling since my neck was ticklish but I couldn’t help as I smiled lightly. Stiles helped me getting Derek in and then we brought him to an operating table. Stiles let go, and I was about to let go when I saw that I couldn’t. Derek took off his shirt and I felt myself blush.
I unwrapped my arm from around Derek’s waist but he held on to my shoulders with an arm. I felt awkward since he was shirtless. Damn, why’d he have to look this good? Derek placed his wounded arm on the table and I winced at it, blood was seeping through. Derek tore off the gauze and I gagged at the sight while Stiles said “you know that really doesn’t look like anything some Echinacea and a good night sleep could take care of.” I rolled my eyes at him and Derek’s breathing turned ragged as he said “if the infection reaches my heart it’ll kill me.”
I muttered “Scott will get the bullet Derek.” He shook his head and Stiles asked “positivity just isn’t in your vocabulary is it?” Derek says “if he doesn’t get here with the bullet in time last resort.” I questioned “which is?” Derek took a saw and said “you’re going to cut my arm off.” I looked at him in shock as he handed to me.
“Why me?! Stiles can do it!” I pointed at Stiles who said “hey! I’m not doing it!” Derek sighed and said “because he’ll probably miss and cut the wrong arm off. And I want you to be the one to do it.” I held up the saw and looked at Derek. I ran a hand through his hair once he started breathing ragged again. He asked “are you still mad?”
“Wake me up,
I’m living a nightmare
I will not die,
I will survive”
I answered “I don’t know.” He looked at me from under his lashes and asked “why are you helping me?” I replied “I don’t know.” I looked at him slowly, he was getting worse. If Scott didn’t come soon…I cleared my throat as tears built in my eyes and I asked “what if you bleed to death?”
Stiles P.O.V
I watched Alex and Derek but it seemed like I was watching Twilight, it seemed that they didn’t realize I was even here, it almost felt intrusive. They were just staring at each other while talking and although I didn’t like Derek, and he didn’t like me we, I finally realized that he liked her more than a friend and I didn’t know what to feel. Alex was Scott’s sister and our best friend to know that some guy and not just any guy but Derek Hale saw her that way it bugged me. He let Alex go so she moved beside me as Derek wrapped some band around his arm and tied it with his teeth. He answered “it’ll heal if it works.” She looked at him uneasily and answered “I don’t know if I can do this.” Derek looked up at her and questioned “why not? You don’t want to be seen with an amputee?!” I raised an eyebrow and Alex furrowed her brows at him as she yelled “that’s got nothing to do with this! But I might a problem with the cutting through the flesh, sawing off bone and blood especially!”
Derek questioned “do you faint at the sight of blood?” She sighed frustrated and replied “no! It’s just not blood but a chopped off arm! Oh my god what kind of messed up Saw bull is this?” Derek looked at her and said “fine, how about this? You cut off my arm or I cut off his head?” He motioned to me who Alex, no doubt, had forgotten I was here. I said “you know I’m so not buying your threats any”- I was cut off as Derek grabbed me and brought me right by his face. “Alex! Oh my god. Ok, alright, Sold totally.” I shouted and she ran around the table and said “alright ok Derek. Let him go! I’ll do it just let him go.”
Suddenly Derek started coughing, and not just a cough but a terrible hacking cough. He held on to me and I asked “what? What are you doing?” Alex questioned “Derek? Are you fine?” Derek spit something out and Alex grimaced as I asked “holy god what the hell is that?” I stood up and she grabbed Derek as she soothingly ran her fingers through his hair while squeezing his hand. Derek said “it’s my body; it’s trying to heal itself.” He was bent over the table. I didn’t like being here with them, it felt awkward. It felt like I was looking in on a private moment, and I shouldn’t look. So I turned away as they got cozy with each other.
Alex P.O.V
He pushed me and said “now. You got to do it now!” I ran around and grabbed the saw while saying “okay, alright I got this.” I turned it on and winced at the sound. Derek had both hands on the table so I grasped one in my own and squeezed his own. Stiles beside me closed his eyes and I said “ok, now. Be ready Derek.” He nodded so I gave his hand one last squeeze and readied the saw.
“I will not die,
I’ll wait here for you
In my time of dying”
“Alex? Stiles?” I yelled “Scott!” As did Stiles. Scott walked in and took in the scene in front of him, Stiles with his eyes closed in a corner, Derek sick looking, and me with a saw holding Derek’s hand. “What the hell are you doing?” He asked me. Stiles answered “Oh, you just prevented me a lifetime of nightmares.” Derek asked “did you get it?” Scott pulled out the bullet and gave it to Derek. I asked “what are you gonna do with it?”
Derek muttered something and fell unconscious. The bullet fell out of his hand and Scott went for that while Stiles and I ran to Derek. I held up Derek’s face as I yelled “Come on Derek! Wake up! I’m still mad at you!” Stiles asked “what are we gonna do?” Scott answered “I don’t know!” I was worried I didn’t want Derek to die! I started shaking him. I slapped him slightly and Stiles said “he’s not waking up! I think he’s dying! I think he’s dead!” I shouted “get your ass up Derek! I still hate you!” Stiles screamed “Scott!” Scott shouted “okay just hold on! I got it! I got it!”
As Scott got up I looked at Derek and I made a fist and punched him right in his jaw. I cradled my hand and Derek woke up and said “give me.” Scott handed him the bullet as he helped me up and I muttered “ouch,” when he grazed my hand. It was throbbing in pain, but surprisingly I wasn’t mad at Derek anymore. Stiles helped Derek up and Derek bit the bullet and dumped the herb looking stuff on the table and lit it up with a lighter (where did he get that) it burned and then came down and he scooped it up and put it on his wound, and he inserted his finger and pushed it through.
I made a face at that, and Derek fell in pain to the ground. Then his arm healed up fast. I stood between Scott and Stiles and the former said “that was awesome!” I smiled at him slightly.
“Okay, we saved your life which means you’re gonna leave us alone, you got that?” I gulped at that. Derek looked at me and Scott caught that and repeated “all of us.” Stiles spoke up “which includes Alex and Romeo.” Scott continued “and if you don’t I’m going to go back to Allison’s dad and I’m gonna tell him everything.” Chris Argent was not friendly, and if he tried that than Scott and Derek were both dead. “Scott, you don’t”- Derek cut me off “you’re going to trust them? What? You think they can help you?”
Scott questioned “well why not? They’re a lot freaking nicer than you are.” No they most definitely aren’t. Derek looked at me and said “yeah I can show you exactly how nice they are.” Scott asked “what do you mean?”
{BREAK}
Stiles dropped us off at Derek’s house where we got in his car. Scott said “alright. Just drop Alex off at home and show me whatever it is you want me to see.” Derek replied “I want her to see too.” He looked at me from his rear back mirror.
{BREAK}
“Who is he?” Scott and I questioned. Derek had brought us to a room where a man in wheelchair was. Derek looked at Scott and then at me and said “my uncle, Peter Hale.” I looked at Derek and shot him a look. We stared at each other for a second, my thoughts rolling around in my head. Was this the same uncle he and Rome had visited? Scott broke our moment asking “Is he…like you, a werewolf?” Derek answered “he was. Now he’s barely even human. Six years ago, my sister and I were at school when our house caught fire. Eleven people were trapped inside, he was the only survivor.” My heart pounded in sympathy I knew what he was feeling. I wanted to reach out and comfort him but I didn’t.
Scott said “So...what makes you so sure that they set it on fire?” Derek said “cause they’re the only ones who knew about us.” Scott said “then they had a reason.” I looked at Scott in shock, and then I angrily shove him as I reply “you don’t set a house on fire with eleven people inside just because they’re a little different.” Scott looks at me and replies “it’s not something that doesn’t matter, Alex. They were werewolves.” I snapped “regardless, you just don’t do that! It’s inhumane!” Derek looked at me with some emotion in his eyes I couldn’t describe but I saw hurt was in it as well. Derek tells Scott “you tell me what justifies this.” He turned his uncle around and I saw his face was severely burnt and scarred. Derek said “they say they’ll only kill an adult and only with absolute proof, but there were people in my family that were perfectly ordinary in that fire. This is what they do, and this is what Allison will do.”
I couldn’t picture Allison doing that. “What are you doing? How did you get in here?” A nurse appeared and Derek said “we were just leaving.”
{BREAK}
“Can you take me somewhere?” I questioned Derek. Scott was sitting beside him so Derek looked at me through the mirror and asked “why?” I answered “I have to pick up Rome.” Derek nodded and I said “alright, you have to take a left”- I was caught off as he did that and said “I know where Gloria lives,” I bit my lip. Was Derek stalking me? Scott gave Derek a look.
{BREAK}
I climbed out of the car and I heard someone also get out. Scott, he probably wasn’t comfortable enough to stay and wait in the car. I knocked on the door. As I stood there I felt the presence of someone right behind me when the hair on the back of my neck stood up on end. I turned to face Scott, “Scott, don’t do that, you’re being a creep”- I shut up when it I saw that it wasn’t Scott, it was Derek.
“Alex?” I turned around and saw Gloria in the door eyeing Derek. I said “hey, Gloria I’m here to pick up Rome.” I expected her to move but she stayed put looking at Derek and then gave me a look. I sighed as I said “Derek this is Gloria Clement, Gloria this is Derek Hale.” Gloria gave me a knowing smile as she shook Derek’s hand. I said “well now that that’s out of the way, can I get Rome?” Gloria rolled her eyes but let us in while saying “come in, come in! He’s asleep upstairs.”
I followed her inside and Derek followed me. We walked up the stairs and Gloria said “so you’re Derek? Alex here talks about you all the time”- I elbowed her and she winked at me. Derek turned to me with a raised eyebrow and I blushed and said “she’s lying. She gets some twisted satisfaction at seeing me flustered.” I walked ahead and turned to her guest room where she would usually put him.
I walked up to Rome who was slightly drooling and hanging almost off the bed. I chuckled at his state and was about to pick him up when Derek pushes past me and grabs Rome gently. Gloria stands beside me and watches as Derek turns to her and says “it was nice meeting you, Mrs. Clement.” She said the same and we watched him go downstairs.
“I want details later,” she told me slowly. I rolled my eyes and said “I’ll see you later Gloria.” I ran down the steps and to Derek’s car where Derek was holding Rome by my seat. Scott had his eyes wide with his mouth opened. I walked up to Derek and he said “get in.” I rolled my eyes but complied and Derek passed Rome to me. I paced Rome’s head on my lap, and Scott turned and stared at Derek.
Derek backed up and said “if you don’t stop staring at me, I’m going to rip your eyes out and feed them to the alpha.” Needless to say Scott stopped staring. I turned to Gloria’s house and she waved with a smirk on her face. Oh, I was never going to hear the end of this.