Status: Complete

When Worlds Collide: Book Two, Earth

8

A couple days later, we were at another Earth Kingdom village. Sokka was looking around, trying to find something to buy, and right now, he had his eye on a purse-oh, sorry, bag.
I sighed, and followed Aang and Katara out of the shop while Sokka decided to pay for his man purse.
“Pst,” a man said. “You kids like earth bending? Then you should check out Master Ue’s Earth Bending Academy.” He smiled, handed me a flier and then walked away.
I looked at it and furrowed my brow. “What the heck does this say?” I asked.
“Can’t you read?” Katara joked.
I stuck my tongue out and smiled at her. “I can read just fine. Just not... this.”
Aang chuckled, and took the flier away from me. “Look, there’s a coupon on the back!” he exclaimed. “The first lesson is for free.”
“Who knows?” Katara said, while I looked at the paper confusedly. “Master Ue could be the Earth Bending Teacher you’ve been looking for.”
I sighed and took the paper back. “You guys realize that you’re going to teach me how to read this stuff, right?”
“You can’t read?” Sokka asked, coming from nowhere.
Katara laughed as I stomped away, heading towards the academy. Aang went in, and the three of us, with Momo, sat outside.
“Seriously,” I said, “I want to know how to read your guys writing.”
“How do you write?” Sokka asked.
I smiled, and took out a piece of paper. “Like this,” I told him, and wrote his name.
He stared at the paper for a while, and then look at me. “What the heck does this say?” he asked, and I laughed.
“What’s the matter? Can’t read?” I mocked.
He glared. “Ha ha ha. Now seriously, what does this say?”
I sighed. “It’s your name. See? S-o-k-k-a.” I pointed to each letter on the paper as I said this.
“S? That just looks like a snake,” he said, still looking at the paper.
“Snake starts with ‘S’,” I smiled.
Katara looked over Sokka’s shoulder, and looking into her eyes, I could tell that she was coming up with a plan. “What if you just taught us your way of writing?” she thought aloud. “That way, we could write secret messages back and forth without having to worry about the Fire Nation seeing it.”
I skewered my lips to the side, thinking. “That could work... but I should warn you that English is the hardest language to learn.”
“English?” Sokka asked.
I rolled my eyes. “What we’re speaking in now.”
“Right...,” Sokka said, looking away.
I glared. “But anyway, learning how to wright in English can be very hard. I learned Spanish easier,” I sighed.
“Spanish?” Katara asked.
I nodded. “Hola Katara. ¿Como estas?”
She cocked her head and I chuckled. “I think we should stick to writing in English because when I try to write in Spanish, it doesn’t always work out too well.”
She nodded. “So, where do we start?”
“With the alphabet,” I decided. “That’s how they teach it in Kindergarten, so that’s how I’m going too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M SORRY THAT MY SPANISH SUCKS. IT'S ONLY MY FIRST YEAR.
I'M ALSO SORRY THAT IT TOOK SO LONG.
I've been piled down with homework, and I'm really not suppose to be writing at all, but I felt really bad :(
Sorry it's so short.
But if you follow me on Twitter, you can yell at me @CreativityFlow