‹ Prequel: Tell Me This Then
Status: Finished :)

Unreadable

Contact

The loud, raucous laugh that I had missed so much echoed through out the entire room. It bounced off each corner, colliding with the furniture and ceiling before entering my ears. I smiled in response to her countless giggles.

"Oh my god, no," she gasped. "That's too bloody funny." Her mouth was agape, snorts often escaping from her. Eloise tried to compose herself but failed and covered her mouth to keep away more noise. She was absolutely lovely in my eyes - I hadn't heard that laugh since a few months ago and it scared me that it was now here.

I scooted closer towards Eloise only very slowly hoping she either wouldn't mind or wouldn't have noticed. The comedy film inserted into the DVD player was still running and her gaze was evidently transfixed on the television screen. I formed her distraction as a chance for me to at least get a few inches closer than ever.

As I was around two full length rulers away from Eloise, her eyes flicked back to my face and I sensed her posture stiffening. Damn it. It was so close but unfortunately fate wasn't cooperating today - as if it ever did.

Liam placed a comforting hand on my right shoulder and I calmed down my stomping feet. I had been pacing the airport floor, impatiently waiting for our luggage to be seen on the carousel. Often times, I caught myself absentmindedly glaring at the black rotating conveyor belt, mentally throwing curses at it.

Something vibrated inside my back pocket and I instantly reached for the phone. I snickered at her contact name wondering what was going through her mind when she thought of it. Elo Elmo Lovero: hey babe, im waiting outside right now. cant wait 2 see u again. i missed u so much! <3

The sweet text message did nothing for my quickly fading patience and only made the situation worse. My thumb hovered over the CALL button but I acted against it, remembering our agreement - we had decided to not call each other whilst we were in a position where we were waiting for the other as it to not ruin the unfathomable joy we'd get from locking gazes after a long time.

It sounded absolutely cheesy.

"Okay we're good to go," Harry announced pulling along a suspiciously heavy looking suitcase. "Come on then!"

All the other boys followed suit, starting small exciting conversations with each other while my cycling thoughts accompanied me. Surprisingly the airport was quiet and few people wandered about: almost barren. There were no fans or staring crowds surrounding us and I guessed that nobody knew of our landing date or time.

Once we reached the main floor of the building, I spotted her. Standing there right leg crossed over the other and nails touching teeth, she radiated off nerves. She hadn't seemed to notice me exit the 'arriving' gate. "Eloise," I yelled, "Eloise, love!"

The girl immediately turned to the left and the pout was replaced by a dazzling smile causing my heart to perform a double somersault. "Zayn!" El clasped her hands together before jogging towards me - I reciprocated by dropping my bag onto the floor and waited for her. Our bodies collided with much eager force and whilst enjoying the embrace I buried my face into the crook of her neck. Oh how I've missed her scent.

"I've missed you so much," I gasped. I untangled myself away but she gripped the back of my shirt, pleading for me to continue enveloping her figure. "I've missed you god, El, you have no idea. I love you."

She pulled her head farther away to laugh at me. "I love you too. You're so cute." She proceeded to wrap both hands around the back of my neck, slowly gaining height to reach my now impatient lips. I closed my eyes right after she did and cupped her cheek, tugging her even closer. Our lips made contact, and instead of the usual soft and gentle movements, she kissed me with a sudden urge and force. Eloise's tongue darted around so early in the kiss that I realized her true intentions. Her right hand slid from my neck and slowly traveled down my torso, stopping just at the end of my shirt. She gently pushed the material up with a finger, revealing an inch of my skin - excitement raised within me as her skin contacted with mine.

"El." We both disconnected and smiled sheepishly. "Later," I promised.


I murmured an apology and she meekly nodded, noticeably shifting further away from me. Her eyes moved from my face back to the television screen again. I sighed, instantly upset with the fact that she was still uncomfortable and because I was angry at myself for even thinking about it.

"Your phone was ringing," she said softly still not meeting my gaze.

I nodded and reached for the mentioned device. A voicemail was left and I pressed the button. "Hi Zayn, this is Claire, I'm just calling in to check up on things. Ben and I will be there on the weekend. We'll see you both." El's mother's voice was on replay in my head.

Only one word came to mind. Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've thought about it and I always knew this was gonna be a short fic but not this short! Only 2 or 3 chappies left •_•

Aaaaand, this is my last week of school *happy dance*