Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

This Is The Start Of Something Beautiful

"So my boss called."

Jack's nose scrunched up and his eyes widened to prove that he was listening as he doodled in Alex's notebook.

"He wants to see me. I have to go back in two days and review what I've been writing to see If I'm going in the right direction."

Jack's hand suddenly stilled and he frowned instantly, looking up at Alex. "You're leaving?"

Alex held back the tiny happiness he got for Jack caring and nodded, "Yeah. Just for a day. I'm sure I won't be missed."

"That's not true Lex, Martin will miss you." Jack smiled a bit at Alex who laughed as Martin walked up to their table and placing a plate with three cupcakes on it. "Red Velvet leftovers. Can't serve em. Evan screwed up on the frosting." He talked swiftly and winked before leaving, not caring he was mentioned In their conversation.

"Yay." Jack said. He picked up one of the cupcakes and started unwrapping it.

"You know this whole time I've been here I haven't had a cupcake yet." Alex realized, staring at the plate of perfectly frosted cupcakes.

"Well dig in my friend. Red velvet is our speciality." Alex watched as Jack picked up his pen and continued on his drawing. "So how is your song writing going?" he asked.

Alex picked himself a cupcake and shrugged, licking a bit of the rich frosting off. "It's going. I'm not completely stuck but there's just something missing. I don't have a solid song. It's just choruses and line bits." It was a fact that has been frustrating the younger to no end. Now knowing he was going to have to show his work in two days makes him want to pull his hair out. He's nervous and definitely has to organize all of his jumbled thoughts.

"Can I read your stuff?" Jack asked suddenly and Alex immediately shook his head, "No. Sorry. I just don't like people seeing all my scribble shit work. But when I have a complete song, I'll show it to you first."

Jack smiled faintly, "I understand. But I better be the first!"

"You will." Alex reassured.

"Pinky Promise?" Jack put his hand out, creating a fist and poking his pinky out. Alex laughed, but none the less did the same and hooking his pinky around Jack's. The action was met with an adorable smile that made Alex melt inside a little. It was unfair that Jack could play with his feelings so much with out realizing it. Alex pushed the thoughts away, and took a full bite of the sweet pastry in his hands.

"This cupcake is fucking amazing."

Jack finally put his pen down, sitting up straight and pulling the notebook to his chest. "It's good right? We probably get about 50 dozen on demand orders a day. Now, I am done with my picture. Are you ready for this?"

Alex nodded as he ate his cupcake. Jack grinned placing the notebook upside down on the table and slowly sliding it to Alex. "Ha ha! Oh, is this one me?" The older laughed and nodded as he admired his own work with Alex. It was a picture of stick figures at a Blink 182 concert. There was Jack and Alex in the center front row by a poorly drawn barricade. Someone crowd surfing in the back and two line figures having sex. "I love it." Alex finally said and he let out small giggle, faintly blushing at the escaped sound. At that exact moment Evan was calling Jack over. The skunk haired man stood up and strode to his friend as he immediately started talking.

Alex just sighed, looking back down at the picture Jack had drew. The Baltimore Blink 182 tour stop was next week. It was obvious Jack was still hung up on not being able to go. Alex doesn't blame him, knowing your favorite band is going to be in the same state as you, and you won't get to see them can kill you.

Alex looked up as Jack was walking back into the lounge this time a bouquet, so big you couldn't see his face, in hand. He put them down on the table, sliding them to the end and looking at Alex.

"Well who's the admirer?" Alex joked, trying to keep a cool facade because jealousy was knocking. It was obvious the couple was still mending and Sean was being the perfect boyfriend to make up for the shit he's done.

Pink dusted Jack's cheeks and he ran a hand through his hair messing it up even more. "Sean." he said quietly, sitting back down. Alex had a feeling he was more then embarrassed by the large display. Which is a bit confusing, because most people would kill for this to happen to them. But he reasoned that Jack is incredibly shy in public and the lounge was more then half full right now, and maybe he just wasn't big on things like that.

"Well duh you dork," Alex reached over and playfully pushed at Jack's arm, quickly deciding to change the subject for Jack's sake. "So I was looking at this incredible artwork and realized it needs a mosh pit over here."

Jack smiled and instantly took the notebook back, scribbling away.

~*~

Rian turned the oven heat down, taking his apron off and tossing it to the side. He grabbed his phone out of his back pocket to check the time when Evan walked in.

"Hey." the blonde greeted softly.

Rian only nodded at him not really knowing what else to do. Their relationship was in unknown territory at the moment. All Rian knew is that he wanted Evan. Every part of him. From the smiles to the fact that he hates milk to the oddly shaped birthmark on his left elbow. But Evan was playing games. The poor boy was confused and yeah Rian can understand that. Relate to it even, but not to the games. You don't kiss someone who clearly likes you and have no reaction towards anything at all. That's just cruel.

"So Sean bought Jack this huge ass bouquet of flowers." Evan spoke up, putting his elbows on the metal island and leaning down. "He's still kissing ass."

Rian shook head disappointingly as he grabbed the order book and started flipping through it. "I hate that guy."

"Me too." The blonde said, suddenly feeling so awkward.

It was never this awkward with Rian before. Rian was his one friend he could be one hundred percent himself around. They had became more then comfortable around each other over the years. But being comfortable got them in the situation they were in now. In that awkward I think I like you but you're my friend phase.

Even knew he was to blame for the tense in their relationship right now. He was scared though. He didn't want to ruin their years of friendship on a failed dating spree. Then he realized something the other day. The friendship was already screwed up. You can't just erase feelings for the sake of logic, and if Evan could be honest, He's had feelings for Rian for a couple years now. Rian's feelings just started surfacing so why fight it? Evan knocked on the island, breaking the silence and standing up straight.

"Rian."

Rian just hummed and flipped through the book nonchalantly, not even sparing the other a glance. Well, he'll just have to gain his attention another way.

"Rian. W-Will you go out with me?"

Evan watched as Rian stilled, and he looked up confused. "What?"

"Will you go out with me?"

"I-I mean. Why? Not that I don't want to. It's just, why so suddenly?"

Evan placed a hand on the back of his neck, pausing for a minute. Now's the time he has to be blunt and confident in what he says. He can't afford to lose his friendship on I think.

"I really like you Rian."

The corners of his mouth slowly twitched up, and he nodded. "Okay."

Evan clapped his hands together, and nodded a bit too eagerly. "Great yeah. Okay."

"Okay then," Rian mirrored watching Evan adorably shy, shuffle towards the door. "I need to get back out there. But we'll talk later."

Rian just smiled a little bigger as Evan said 'okay' again and left the room. Rian's heart was beating faster then normal and he had a bit disbelief. He was happy though, the happiest he's been in a while because he has a date.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's a present guys because i really wasn't planning on updating anytime soon.
If you guys comment and really want updates tho i can bring this back.
love you allllllll, now get to commenting! (: