Status: On pause. Working on others stories

Red Velvet Feelings

You Need Me Man, I Don't Need You

It was a good couple hours later that Martin left- without Jack.

Ever since Jack showed up at his door, something was different with him. He wasn't being the shy, charming, caring Jack. No not at all. He was being hilarious, loud, and very flirty Jack. It shocked Alex at first when the raven haired boy entered yelling Alex's name, and bouncing all around Martin. But one look at Martin's face and he realized this was normal. This was obviously because of Sean. Sean would somehow hurt Jack, and Jack would retaliate in small ways. And what was his retaliation today you ask?

Being over flirtatious.

Alex was not complaining one bit.

Some where along the way, Martin ended up leaving, and Jack ended up staying. Alex and Jack sat in the backyard drinking a beer, and talking about everything. Alex was genuinely loving it, and about an hour later Jack had convinced him to watch Saw III on Netflix. Alex fucking despised Saw movies okay, but Jack used his charming powers on him. He put the movie, pulling Alex into a hug while it loaded and winked at him, before plopping onto the couch. It made the younger such a pile of mush, he wasn't even aware of the screams already emitting from the TV. They had started off in their respective corners of the couch, as always, but it was obvious Jack wasn't going to settle for that in the mood he was in.

"Hey Alex?"

Alex wasn't wanting to pay any attention to the stupidly gory movie playing, so he was quick to respond, "Yeah?"

"What is your opinion on cuddling?"

Alex tried to fight a forming smile and said,"I think it's great. Especially when the other person is good at it."

Jack laughed, and slowly crawled over to Alex's side of the couch. Suddenly his whole side was pressed against Alex's. "I've been told I'm great at it. I've also been told I'm a good kisser, but that's irrelevant." The twenty year old raised an eyebrow at that one, Jack putting his head on Alex's shoulder and leaning into his body completely.

And Alex really couldn't handle the gooey feelings he was suddenly getting in his stomach. He wasn't aware how far the older was going to take this, but Alex wasn't going to stop him. He looked down just to see Jack's face looking innocently at the movie, when a phone started ringing.

Jack jumped up and away from Alex, picking the cell phone from his pocket and answering it. He mouthed one second, taking it to the other room.

Alex took this as a good, needed break. This was suddenly all too much Jack, too many feelings. He was in over his head with Jack, he could feel it.

The spoken of man entered the room and Alex could tell things weren't the same. His overzealous and flirty attitude was tucked away in his back pocket, leaving him calm and a bit sad looking.

"I should go." he stated, standing awkwardly in the door way.

Alex stood up, "Yeah! yeah, sure. I'll give you a ride, let me go get my keys?" Jack just nodded wordlessly, with a small smile.

It took Alex some good tugging and dick jokes, but he eventually got Jack back around. Not the suddenly pompous Jack, but Jack none the less so he was happy.

"Turn there." Jack said, pointing to the left.

Alex nodded, tapping his fingers on the wheel before taking the turn. He could pretty much remember how to get to Jack's from here. It was just a block away from the 7/11 they'd found each other in the other day.

"Ugh, my stomach hurts from the food I ate earlier." Jack whined.

"Really? Well my stomach hurts from the gory movie this ugly lanky guy made me watch." Alex shot back, stopping at a stop sign as Jack gasped.

"Fuck you. I'm hotter then you."

Alex grinned, looking over at Jack, "You sure?" Jack leaned over, his lips just an inch away from Alex's ear and whispered in what he hoped to be a seductive voice, "I'm positive." his breath lightly ghosting over skin, before backing away and winking at him with a smirk.

Well shit, Jack was a little player.

"So why aren't you in a relationship?"

"Uh. I don't know."

Jack scoffed, pushing Alex's shoulder and making him smile. "I fucking sit across from you everyday and tell you shit Zack barely knows about. You better talk Gaskarth."

Alex laughed, shaking his head, "I really don't know Barakat, things in the last relationship I had weren't good. It was shitty, and when I came over here I just never really met anyone worth it you know? I certainly wasn't worth anyone else's time either, so I'm just currently solo. Flyin' solo bro."

Jack laughed, sitting back some. "Flyin' solo huh? Seriously Alex, don't think you aren't worth it. Your a catch, tons of people would like you. You probably just haven't been looking. Wouldn't it be good for your whole love song to be in a relationship rather the analyzing one?"

Alex sighed, keeping his eyes on the road, "It would if it was that easy. You go left right?" Jack softly responded, and they were rolling up to his apartment complex.

"I believed we arrived."

Jack looked out the window for a minute, unbuckling his seat belt. "See you tomorrow?" Alex just nodded, "As always."

Jack smiled at him, Alex reciprocating the action, and the air felt awkward. It was as if something was missing, and the younger could point out a suggestion or two. But instead, after a minute of stupidly awkward smiling, Jack leaned in giving Alex a hug. He pulled back after a minute, "You still know I'm more attractive then you are." he stated simply, getting out of the car with another wink thrown in Alex's direction.

Alex laughed out loud, smiling the rest of his ride home. Jack was probably right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't really like this, but i wanted to update for you lovely people. So Who wants to meet Sean in the next chapter!? :o

Feedback is love, and appreciated!<3