Save Me.

four.

The next morning when I woke, I was curled up next to Abbey on the couch. Smiling, I sat up, brushing my fingers through my hair. I was happy and nothing is going to ruin that. Pushing myself up from the couch, I straightened out my clothes and walked into the kitchen, flipping on the coffee maker.

“Morning.” Abbey yawned, walking over and sitting at the counter. I smiled at her and filled up the tea kettle with water, as she prefers tea over coffee. “Been in England for a year and still love coffee, I’m surprised.” She laughed as I handed her the cup.

“Haven’t made any friends to influence me.” I shrugged. Across the kitchen, the coffee maker beeped, signaling the end of the end of the water. I grabbed a mug from the cupboard and began making myself a cup.

“I’m sure you have someone, right?” Abbey sighed. Just then a soft knock rang through the apartment and before I knew it, she was smiling largely and throwing open the door. “Liam!” Abbey grinned, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his cheek.

“Abs, it’s been way to long. You need to visit more often.” Liam smiled, unwrapping his arms from her and glancing over at me.

“Um, what? What’s happening right now?” I asked, raising my eyebrows and looking over at them.

“Didn’t you know? Liam is my cousin.” She smiled, throwing her arm around his shoulder.

“Are you fucking serious?” I glared at them, their smiles dropping immediately. “Is this how you found out about that note? Because that’s the only possible thing I can think of.” Scoffing, I shook my head and ran my tongue over my lips. “I can’t believe you guys.” I stormed away, slamming my bedroom door behind me.

Zayn’s POV

I couldn’t get her out of my head. Ever since the day I bumped into her in the hallway, she was all that I could think about. From her chocolate brown eyes, to her bright red hair, to the way she walked. Everything about her made me want to know her more. I needed to know her more. Running my hands through my hair, I sighed. It’s hard to get to know someone when you’re me. Internationally known boyband member with a shyness complex? I wouldn’t know that first thing to say to her. But instead of moping around, I sucked in my pride and walked over to her apartment. Hearing some muffled shouts and a door slam, I slowly raised my fist and knocked thrice on the door.

“Zayn? What are you doing here?” Liam questioned, as a blue-haired girl peeked around him.

“I-um-I just wanted to talk to Mason.” I stammered, scratching the back of my neck.

“I don’t think this is a good time.” Liam replied, glancing behind him.

“Actually, it’s a perfect time.” The blue-haired girl smiled, grabbing my wrist and pulling me in..

“Abbey, what are you--?” Liam threw his arms in the air and walked into the living room. Abbey smiled and motioned for me to follow her.

“Li, don’t you get it? She’s not going to talk to us anytime soon and I know that she needs someone right now and obviously, your friend here likes her so, we just toss him into the room with her and voila.” Abbey explained.

“I-um,”

“Don’t deny it. It’s written all over your face.” Abbey interrupted me. “Plus, since you’re one of Liam’s friends then I approve.” I blushed and smiled softly. Liam sighed, grabbing Abbey’s arm and pulling her to the side.

“But he doesn’t know anything about her. She can’t properly explain it to him, so why get him involved in this?” Liam whispered harshly.

“Liam, seriously. If Ca-Mason wants Zayn to know, she’ll tell him. It’s her story to tell so, you can’t decide when and who she tells it to. So, loosen up Li, she knows what’s good for her.” Abbey laughed, slapping his chest, causing Liam to pout.

They hugged and turned to me, “So, is someone going to tell me what is going on? Because I’m massively confused and not enjoying it at all.” Abbey giggled.

“If you want to talk to Mason, she’s in her room. Second door on the right.” Abbey lightly shoved me towards the hallway and giggled.

“Just be on your toes, Z. She gets upset quite a lot. So, don’t take anything personal, yeah.” Liam smiled softly and nudged his head towards the hallway.

I nodded my head, “Should I be scared?” I whispered to Abbey.

“Of course not. She doesn’t bite, not hard anyways.” She patted my back once we were in front of her door, then turned around to walk back into the living room. Just as I was about to knock, I froze and began chewing on my bottom lip. What was I supposed to say? Hi, I’m Zayn, I think you’re really cute so we should go out for coffee sometime. Oh, and, Liam sent me back here to talk to you about god knows what, so spill. How was I supposed to get this girl to spill her guts to me so I can make everything better. Ready to turn away, I stopped just as her door opened.

“Um, Zayn?” Sucking in a breath, I turned around and smiled at her. “What are you doing here?” She asked, crossing her arms against her chest and leaning up against the doorframe.
“I was just, uh, coming to say hi. See if you were okay. You ran out rather quickly at the diner.” I said, stepping forward. She shrugged, falling backwards into her room and waving me in.

“I’m fine.” She smiled, sitting on the edge of her bed and crossing her legs. “And how are you?”

“Alright.” I replied. She nodded, playing with her fingers and looking up at me. “I was just wondering, do you think maybe you would want to go get some coffee? With me?”

Mason let a smile pull up the corner of her lips, as she stood up and walked over to the door. Hearing Liam and Abbey in the living room, she turned around and nodded. “Is now a good time?”