Save Me.

five.

The walk to the coffee shop was quiet. It wasn’t an uncomfortable quiet, it was perfect. That was what I liked about Zayn the most. You didn’t have to say anything; he just let you talk on your own time. I wanted to tell him everything, honestly. I knew that Zayn and I could be such good friends. But the real problem was actually telling him. He wouldn’t like me after. I know it. I know I’m paranoid and I don’t know truly know how Zayn will react but there’s always that possibility. I couldn’t risk

As we arrived at the coffee shop, Zayn offered me a small smile and held the door open. Thanking him, he placed his hand on the small of my back and lightly guided me through the crowd of business men and women rushing to get their morning fix. After ordering and much protest from me, Zayn paid for both of our coffees, tossing his arm around my shoulder amd leading me to the park.

"So, you want to talk about what happened back there with Liam and Abbey?” Zayn hesitantly asked, after about an hour of us walking around the park.

I sighed, “They just don’t understand. My life is nothing but lies and I don’t need my best friend lying to me too.” By this time we stopped walking, getting comfortable on a bench with our empty coffee cups in hand.

“I’m not quite getting what you’re saying, love.” he whispered, slowly reaching over and grabbing my hand to comfort me.

"You wouldn’t,” I shook my head and looked at him, “no one ever does. It's complicated.” As the memories swept over me, i ducked my head down and rested it on Zayn's shoulder. Wrapping his arm around, he sighed softly and kissed the top of my head. Instead of spewing words with no meaning, he simply held me. Which, I think, is what I really needed. Rubbing small circles into my back, he hummed softly and let me cry into him, leaving tear stains on the front of his shirt. “I’m sorry. I'm a bit of a mess.” I whimpered, pulling away and wiping away the wetness on my cheeks.

“It’s okay.” He whispered. “Do you want to go back to your flat now?” I nodded my head, him smiling lightly and grabbing my hand. "Everyhing is going to be alright, love, i promise." Resting his hand on my cheek, he kissed my forehead and began pulling me back in the direction of my flat.

Opening the door, i saw that both Liam and Abbey were gone and sighed, throwing myself down onto the couch and closing my eyes. This day has barely started and I was already emotional exhausted.

“Why don’t you go take a nap?” Zayn questioned.

“Will you lay there with me? Just until I fall asleep?” I whispered. Zayn smiled and grabbed my hand, eading me to my bedroom. We took our shoes off and crawled in. As soon as Zayn was comfortable he wrapped his arms around me, bringing me into his chest and allowing me to cuddle into him, laying my head on his shoulder. Nuzzling my face into his neck, he immediately started playing with my hair “Thank you Zayn.” I kissed the side of his neck that was closest to me and closed my eyes, drifitng off to sleep.

*****

By the time I woke up, it was close to dinner time. I felt an arm wrapped around my waist and someone breathing down my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I slowly turned around and looked at Zayn’s beautiful, sleeping face. I smiled and reached my hand up to softly sweep his hair away from his face. He groaned and nuzzled his face into my own hair. Giggling, I ran my hand through his. Feeling him smile and lightly press a kiss into my hair, i blushed.

“Good evening.” I whispered. He chuckled and raised his head, kissing me on the cheek. Moving to get out of my bed, Zayn groaned sligtly before grabbing my waist and pulling me back down.

“Let’s just lay here for a little while more.”

“But I’m hungry.” I groaned.

“Well, let’s order a pizza or something. That’s quick and easy. Also, I’m comfortable.” He smirked. I playfully shook my head and wrangled myself away from him. "Now, i'm cold, jerk."

"And here I thought you were the shy one.” I giggled. Walking into the living room, i saw Abbey watching tv and cleared my throat to get her attention. Looking up at me, she quickly switched off the tv and stood up. We stood there, staring at each other for a moment before she started talking.

“Car, you don’t realize how sorry I am about this. I didn’t know it was that big of a deal. I mean, I thought you would figure it out yourself. Do you seriously think that I was going to let you be here all by yourself without someone to watch you?” She rolled her eyes.

I laughed and walked over to her, wrapping my arms around her into a tight hug. “I know, Abbey. I just overreacted. I’m just not ready for people to know yet. I don’t want them to get hurt.” I replied, pulling away from her, “Also, don’t call me Car. My name is Mason now.”

“Shit.” She ran her hand through her hand and laughed, “This is going to take a while to get used to.”

“Mason, are you going to order-” Zayn stopped and stared at Abbey and I. “I’m guessing you guys made up.” He smiled.

I smiled hugely and nodded, “I'll order us something in a minute.” Zayn smiled and walked back toward my room.

“Oh. My. God.” Abbey whispered. “Did you guys shag? Please tell me you did. I’m so jealous, he is so fit. Gahh.” Abbey hugged me.

My eyes widened and i shook my head fiercely, “No, Abbey, no. Calm down. It’s not like that. He was just there being there for me. We’re just friends.”

“For now.” She sang and pranced toward the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I posted this from my tablet so excuse the spelling mistakes/missing letters. Lol.