Status: Active<3

Halo

Back From Break

Winter break had ended which meant that it was time to go back to School. I wasn't sure if I was happy or upset at that. The winter break we had seemed to be the longest 2 weeks of my life. Every night, I had to practically drag my Dad to his bed. It wasn't anything new, though. I was used to it. My Mother walked out on us when I was just 3 years old. My Dad always used to blame me for it. One day he turned to alcohol, and from that point on, he was an alcoholic. A few times over the years, he even hit me for trying to tell him to quit. After those bruises on my cheeks, I just learned to let him do what he wants, and stay out of his way.

My cell phone buzzing on the end table of my bedroom made me groan. It was my alarm clock, telling me it was time to get ready for School. I reached over, and hit a button on my phone to make it stop. I laid my head back on my pillow, hoping for a sudden snow day. A few minutes passed, and I realized I wasn't going to get that lucky. A sigh escaped my lips, as I crawled out my bed. I opened my closet, and picked out a pair of jeans. I grabbed a hoodie off a hanger, and walked into the bathroom. Once I had changed into them, I brushed my teeth real quick. I kept my natural blonde hair down, and put my grey beanie type thing over it.

I headed downstairs to find my Dad passed out on the couch with empty beer bottles on the coffee table. A sigh escaped my lips as I cleaned up his mess. Once I got rid of them, I washed my hands, and placed some Advil on the table for him. I grabbed a granola bar from the cabinet, and grabbed my back pack from the front closet. I slipped on some boots, and made my way out of the house.

It was snowing of course. I started my walk to the School, and ate my granola bar while doing so. By the time I got to School, I was shivering from the 12 degree weather. I regretted not wearing something thicker. I entered the School and wiped my boots on the carpet so, I wouldn't slip and fall. I got to my locker and shoved my book bag into it with no problem. I took my hat off and ran my fingers through my now damp hair.

"Carson!" I heard someone call from the end of the hallway. I knew who it was right away, the only person who even talks to me. My best friend rushed over to me with a smile on her face. "Here, I grabbed your schedule for you. We only have one class together, though." Her smile turned into a frown.

I took the piece of paper from her hands, and examined it.

1st hour- Government w/ Dallas
2nd hour- Junior English w/Case
3rd hour- Art w/ Jones
4th hour- Spanish w/ Carter
-Lunch-
5th hour- Physics w/ Danielson
6th hour- Algebra w/ Baker


A sigh escaped my lips knowing I was going to have to end my day with my worst subject. This was going to be one long semester. I looked back up at Lacey, "What class do we have?"

"Algebra." She said, with a smile on face.

I froze, "I swear to god, Lacey. If you're kidding-"

She raised up her own schedule and I scanned the last hour to see indeed she had Algebra with me. I started feel relieved, and I pulled her into a hug. "Thank god!" When I let go of her, she eyed me carefully. "You're going to have to try and pay attention, Cars. I'll help you."

"Lace, I just suck at math in general. You tried helping me before, remember?" I said with an eyebrow raise.

Remembering the memory, she sighed. "Right. Well, I guess I'll just have you copy all of my work. I don't need you failing Junior year now, do I?" She said with a smile playing on the corner of her lips. That made me chuckle, and I nudged her playfully.

I grabbed my books for Government that I now had first hour, and she was examining her schedule. "Who do you think Baker is? I've never heard of her." Lacey said with a frown on her face.

"Ms. Coffee said she was retiring last semester. She said they were going to get a new teacher to the School because, they didn't have enough teachers to fill in her spot." I said while shutting my locker.

Lacey pursed her lips, "Hmm.. Let's hope she's not an old hag." She said with a smirk forming on her lips which caused me to chuckle.

By the time it came to my 6th hour, I was about dead. First day back from break, and I was swamped with homework. I grabbed my Algebra book out of my locker, and Lacey met up with me. "C'mon, Cars. Time to go to your favorite class.." She said with a grin on her face.

That made me wrinkle my nose up in disgust. "Math will never be my favorite subject."

We walked into the class room to find a few kids in there but, the new teacher was no where in sight. I took a seat next to Lacey in the back of the room, and folded my arms over the desk. I buried my head into them as I heard the final bell ring. I then heard Lacey mutter, "Oh my god."

I didn't bother to ask what was wrong. I was too tired, I just wanted to sleep. Lacey nudged me, "Cars. You need to see this!" She shouted in a hushed voice. A small groan escaped my lips as I lifted my head. I turned to her and frowned, "What?"

She pointed to the front of the room, and I saw a man writing on the board. His back was to us, and I examined his clothing. He had on a black dress shirt with dark grey dress pants. He was wearing grey tennis shoes with them. I noticed his dark hair slicked back. There was no way this man was a student, he seemed to be too old. I watched him cap the marker he was using, and place it on the edge of the board. He stepped away, and I read the writing.

Mr. Baker

He turned to face everyone, and I noticed his black shirt had a button un-done which made the collar of his white shirt visible. I glanced at Lacey who had a grin plastered on her face. She was definitely happy we didn't have an old hag as a teacher.

"Hey Guys." He rubbed his hands together, "My name is Mr. Baker but, you guys can really call me anything you want. I want you guys to feel comfortable in my class. I'm open to any sort of nicknames as long as they're not inappropriate. So, how was your guy's break?" He asked, trying to conversant with everyone. I was too busy staring at his arms. It confused me. Most male teachers that I knew rolled up their sleeves but, his were down to his wrists.

Mr. Baker listened to some kids talking about their break, and headed to his desk. "Alright guys, I'm going to give you a work sheet to refresh your brains." Everyone groaned, and some kid in the middle of the class shouted, "Please don't give us homework! I have enough as it is." He wasn't the only one.

"Do you guys think I would actually give you homework on your first day back?" He asked with a chuckle, while handing papers around.

Some other kid nodded, "Yeah, most teachers do."

This made Mr. Baker smirk, "Well, I'm not most teachers."
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! ♥ What do you all think? Should I continue?

Carson's Outfit

Zacky's Outfit