Status: Active<3

Halo

Acting Weird

My eyes examined the piece of paper in front of me. I seen all the numbers and tried to figure something out. I noticed I didn't put my name on the paper so, I decided to do that. Everyone was handing in their papers and I sighed. I wasn't going to be able to do this.

I felt Lacey nudge me and I turned my head to see her showing me her paper. I looked over at Mr. Baker to see him typing away at his computer. I hurried up and copied Lacey's work. Just as I finished, Mr. Baker walked over to me. "Ah, ladies. Looks like you guys are the last ones." He said while holding his hands out for our papers.

We both placed them in his hands and I tensed up when his eyes scanned them over. A sigh of relief escaped my lips when he walked over to his desk and placed the papers on it. I looked at Lacey who was smiling. Maybe this class wouldn't be so bad this year.

Mr. Baker stood in front of the class, "Alright guys, I want to get to you all. We'll go in order, I want you to tell my your name, 1 thing you like and 1 thing you hate." He started at the front of the row. It finally got to Lacey and she looked around. "Well, my name is Lacey Salinger. I like fruit and I hate vegetables." She said and everyone chuckled.

"I'm with you on the veggies, not my thing." Mr. Baker said with a sour face. His eyes landed on me and a sigh escaped my lips as he said, "Alright, your turn."

I looked around the room, "Well, my name is Carson Wheeler and I like music and I hate.." I was going to say Math but, for some reason I didn't want to offend him. I had no clue why but, I decided to say. "I hate chocolate." Which was true, I couldn't stand it.

Everyone's jaws dropped and they all said remarks like 'no way' or 'you're not human'. I rolled my eyes at their comments and Mr. Baker gave me a small smile, "Well you're the first girl I've ever met that doesn't like chocolate." I smiled and shrugged.

The final bell rang signaling us to leave. Mr. Baker looked at everyone, "Alright you guys have a great day. Oh, and Carson stay behind please, I have to talk to you about something." I frowned and I looked at Lacey who just shrugged. She patted my back wishing me luck as she walked out of the room.

Once the room was empty, Mr. Baker made his way over to me. "Carson, I know you copied Lacey's paper." He said getting right down to the point.

A sigh escaped my lips, "Are you going to write me up?" I asked knowing our School had a strict no cheating policy. Mr. Baker shook his head, "No, I'm going to give you a different worksheet for homework."

"Aw, c'mon! I already have so much homework!" I complained while crossing my arms over my chest.

Mr. Baker shrugged, "Maybe you should of thought about that when you were copying your friend's paper." He said while grabbing a piece of paper off of his desk. "Plus it's just an easy 10 problem worksheet. You'll get it done in like 5 minutes." I rolled my eyes while shoving it into my folder.

I stood to my feet, "Can I go now?"

He nodded, "Oh and if you don't have it done tomorrow, you'll be serving a detention with me."

A groan escaped my lips, "I thought you weren't 'most teachers'?" I asked while quoting him.

"Wouldn't most teachers just write you up?" He asked while cocking an eyebrow in my direction. I rolled my eyes knowing he had a point. Mr. Baker patted my shoulder, "Exactly so, just make sure it's done. Have a good day." He said with a smile but I couldn't return it.

I walked out of the class room and grabbed my stuff out of my locker. I started my journey back home. Once I walked inside, I took off my boots and headed into the Kitchen to find my Dad sitting at the kitchen table with a beer bottle in front of him. "You're late."

My eyes scanned the oven clock to see it was 3:01pm. I hissed and cursed myself. His eyes met mine, "Where were you?" He asked, starting to angry.

"I was at School, Dad." I said, trying to get him to understand.

This made him even more angrier, "No you weren't! You were trying to leave me like your mother!" I shook my head, "No, Dad. I would never do that-" I got cut off by him throwing the beer bottle at the wall next to me. Pieces of it flew everywhere and fear coursed through my veins. Just by the way he was looking at me something told me to leave.

As I was turning around to walk away, he grabbed onto my backpack pulling me back. "You don't walk away from me!" He seethed. "I am your father!" I kept my gaze on the floor and the next thing I knew, the back of his hand met my cheek making me fall to the ground. I sat there shocked as he walked over me. "Clean this up and cook dinner."

During dinner I didn't say a word to him. I was way too mad, I mean even though it was my fault for coming home late, he didn't have to hit me. I barely ate anything so, I just decided to put my plate in the sink. I noticed my Dad's presence next to me. "I'm sorry for hitting you."

"It's okay." I said with a shrug, while side glancing at him.

He reached his arms out and I walked into them with stiff shoulders. He patted my back and his hands kept going lower and lower. Once they met my butt, I jumped back on instinct. "I have homework." I said while rushing up into my room. I shut and locked my door. I had no clue why my Dad was acting like this all of a sudden but, I didn't like it all.

I sat on my bed and pulled out all of my books when I got a text message from Lacey.

What did Mr. Hot stuff want? :P

That made me roll my eyes, I wasn't going to deny the fact that he was incredibly hot but, maybe if he didn't teach the subject that I absolutely loathe, maybe I would actually be effected by his hotness.

He knows I copied you, and I have to do another worksheet.

I pulled out my government worksheet and started on that.

Lacey replied minutes later saying:

Ooh, I'm sorry. Good luck.

A sigh escaped my lips as I continued to work on my homework. When I finally finished all of my homework it was already 11pm. A sigh escaped my lips as I got out of my bed. I walked out of my room and into the bathroom to take a shower. Once I was in the shower, I let the hot water soak into my muscles. It was exactly what I needed. After taking a 15 minutes shower, I got out and brushed my teeth. I brushed my hair and changed into some flannel pajama pants and a baggy shirt. I headed downstairs to find my Dad passed out on the couch with an empty bottle of Jack Daniels next to him. I rolled my eyes while disposing the bottle. I replaced the jack with a water bottle and headed back up into my room. I shoved all of my books in my backpack and tossed it on the floor. A piece of paper flew on the floor and I examined it realizing it was the 10 problem Algebra worksheet I was suppose to do. I laid down on my bed while shutting the light off.

Looks like I have Detention tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to the following people who left comments on the previous chapter:
fiction;
A7xMeredith15
A7X-PapaRoachLvr
Fonetik Frases.
You guys rock, thank you! ♥