Status: Active<3

Halo

Baby Steps

"Wait, how do I find X again?" I asked Zack for the 4th time and he showed me. We were currently on the big bed in my big hotel room. There were papers everywhere. We started our first Algebra lesson today. In the beginning, it was hell. Zack was getting frustrated and so was I. He then, took a different aproach to it and I started to understand it, slowly, but I was getting it.

I solved the problem like Zack showed me and used the calculator to see the answer that I got. I bit my lip and lifted my head, "Is 7 correct?" I asked Zack, hoping I did something right.

He leaned down and looked at my work. His face lit up and he started smiling like an idiot, "Carson, you did it!"

"I did?!" I started to get excited, I've never did something right before when it came to Math.

Zack nodded and his face came closer to mine. My heart started to pound and I continued to bite on my lower lip. Zack's hand reached out and rested under my chin. He had his thumb right below my bottom lip and his eyes gazed into mine. He pulled down on my lip, so I would release my bite. Once I did, his lips were on mine. Since yesterday's episode, I wanted to kiss him so bad and now it was my chance. I didn't waste time in deepening the kiss. It all happened a little too fast, but Zack wasn't complaing. He grabbed the paper that was on my lap and tossed it on the floor. All without breaking the kiss. I let my hands find their way to the back of his neck and he pushed me back, so I was lying on my back. I needed to breathe and Zack noticed. He moved his lips to my neck and I moved my head to the side to give him better access. He bit at the skin right below my ear causing a low moan to escape my lips. I grabbed fists full of his hair, causing him to moan, deep in my ear. It sent shivers of pleasure down my spine and his lips were on mine again. I parted my lips as I started to get tingles in the bottom of my abdomen. His tongue entered my mouth and just as it met my tongue, my phone started to ring. Both of us groaned into each other's mouth. I was going to ignore it, but Zack pulled off of me.

I sighed and tried to catch my breath while reaching for my phone that was on the end table. I looked at the screen to see Lacey flashing across the screen. I clicked ignore and just stared at the screen.

Zack pushed my hair behind my ear in a comforting way, "I think you should talk to her."

"I don't know. I mean she said she would always be there for me, but she's always out getting drunk." I said, completely unsure of what to do.

He gave a small chuckle, "She has a wild streak in her, who doesn't?! She's still your best friend, Cars. She cares about you."

I started to bite my lower lip again and I peeked my eyes up to meet his green ones, "So you think I should talk to her?" He nodded with no hesitation, "She deserves an explanation."

A long, dreadful sigh escaped my lips and I clicked the call back button on my phone. Zack smiled and kissed my temple. It rang twice and she picked up, "Oh my god, Carson! What the fuck is going on?! I went to your house and your Dad said you moved out-" She kept babbling on and Zack shot me a look as if he was telling me 'I told you so'. I just rolled my eyes.

"Lacey," I cut her off, "I'm fine! Look all of this is too much to explain on the phone. Come to The Sterling Inn on Jefferson Ave. I'm in room 3232 on third floor."

She got confused, "Carson, that's an expensive Hotel-"

Again I cut her off, "Just get here."

"Alright, Alright. I'm coming." She hung up the phone and I placed my phone back on the end table. I turned back to Zack, "Happy?"

He nodded, "You are too. Carson, she's your best friend and she cares about you. Even if it doesn't seem like it. You know she does." I just shrugged, even though I knew he was right.

Zack stretched his arms out, "I think I'm going to head out before she gets here."

This made my eyes widen, "What?!" I said a little too loud, but I didn't want him to leave. It was like he just got here. Zack's facial expressions softened and he placed a hand on my cheek, "Cars, everything is going to be okay. I think I need to give you two some space. Plus we're just starting to experiment things. We have to take it slow, baby steps." He said with a small smile, making me smile.

I nodded, "Alright."

He placed his other hand on my cheek, so he was cupping my face. His head dipped down and my damn heartbeat started to go into overdrive again. Zack's lips met mine in the most gentle way. He deepened it a bit and bit on my lower lip, causing me to moan in his mouth. He smirked into the kiss and a few moments passed, before he pulled away slowly, like he was savoring it. His forehead was resting against mine as our chests rose up and down, trying to get our breath under control.

"Now, I want you to know that you can tell Lacey what ever you feel comfortable with telling her. She's your best friend and I know she will be able to keep a secret if she has to." He said, almost comforting. He was making everything in my hands.

I just nodded, not able to talk after another mind blowing kiss. He removed his forehead and placed his lips in the same spot. He pulled away and gazed down into my eyes, "God, you're beautiful." He thought out loud, making me blush massively.

He smirked ever so slightly, "Alright, you can call me later and let me know how it goes. I'll probably be back tomorrow, so we can work more on the tutoring." I never thought I would actually get happy to be tutored in Algebra, but I have a reason now.

I smiled, "I'll call you later."

Zack gave me another peck on the lips and he got off the bed. I watched him put his shoes on and toss his jacket on. Another thing that was bugging me was he that he always wore long sleeves. I decided to ask about it.

"Why do you always wear long sleeves?"

He turned back to me, "I'll tell you tomorrow, maybe." He winked at me and then smirked, "Later." I watched him leave the room and I started to feel lonely. My mind was wandering trying to figure out the whole long sleeve deal. Knowing I wasn't getting anywhere, I got off the bed and cleaned up all the papers that we scattered, trying to get me to learn Algerba.

After I finished that, there was some pounding on the door and I heard Lacey calling my name repeatedly. I raced to the door, not wanting the people in the room next to me to complain. She ran in, once the door was opened. Her mouth fell open when she saw the size of the room, "Holy fuck! How?"

I shut the door and gestured to the bed, "Let's sit." We both took a seat on the bed and I took a deep breath. She eyed me, "First off, are you okay? Did your Dad go too far or-"

I exhaled the breath, "I'm fine."

She nodded, "Alright, good. Now how the fuck did you get in here? How did your Dad let you leave?!" Again, with the questions. It was making my head spin, but she had the right.

"Well, you know Mr. Baker, right?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

Lacey scrunched her eyebrows up, "Our Algebra teacher? What about him?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat, becoming nervous. I was scared to how she was going to take this, "Well, uh, he find out what my Dad does to me. I should say did to me." I was safe now.

Her eyes widened, "Oh my god, Carson! Did he go to the school?!" She asked, clearly getting concerned.

This only made me shake my head, "No, he-" I swallowed under lump in my throat, "-He helped me. He cares about me. It's been a long time since I've felt like someone actually cares about me. Since he found out, he was nothing, but caring and protective. He wants to keep me safe and you have no idea how
good that makes me feel." I explained as a small smile danced at the corners of my mouth.

Lacey started to grin, "So you're like having a thing with him?!" My cheeks went beat red and before I could respond, she snapped her fingers, "I knew there was something! I see the way he looks at you in class and the way you watch him move."

I tried to control myself, "Yeah, but Lace, you can't tell anyone about this, okay?! I mean seriously, he's making my life so much better. I can't risk fucking this up."

She nodded, understanding, "I won't Cars. I mean in all honesty I can tell by the way you're acting, he clearly makes you happy. He was there for you when I wasn't-"

This made me feel bad, so I cut her off, "Lacey-"

It only made her reverse it on me, "No, Carson. I owe you an apology. I am so sorry for not being there for you. For not acting like a best friend. I'm grateful that you have Mr. Baker now, but if you can forgive me, I would like to be your best friend again. I promise, I'll be there whenever you need me." Lacey explained in the most sincere voice, so I knew she wasn't lying or anything.

"Of course I forgive you, Lace! Even if you are a pain in my ass sometimes, you'll always be my best friend!" I exclaimed, with a smile growing on my face.

She threw her arms around me, "Thank you, Carson! I really don't think I would be able to make it through life without you."

I chuckled, "That is true-" She scoffed and it made me laugh harder, "I wouldn't be able to make it through life without your crazy ass self either."

Lacey joined in laughing, "That's better."

The laughing seized and she let go off me. She started to grin and I knew she was about to ask something about Zack.

"Have you and Mr. Baker like kissed?" Bingo. I know her so well.

I couldn't help, but smile, "It's Zack. We only call him Mr. Baker in School. It makes everything a lot easier, because Zack and Mr. Baker are two completely different people."

She thought about it, "Hmm, Zack fits him and you still didn't answer my question!" Lacey scolded me and it made me chuckle. Instead of responding, I just nodded my head.

Lacey gasped and then cackled like a little kid, "Aww! He was your first kiss, wasn't he?! How was it? Damn it, I wish I was there to see it." Again, I laughed at her craziness.

"It was um, mind blowing? Yesterday was when it first happened and he was giving me these mixed signals. I didn't go to School, because I didn't want to face him, so he came here. I told him how I felt and I knew, well thought he didn't feel the same way, so I ran out of the room. He ran after me and I was crying. He stopped me and asked why I was crying, I yelled at him and went to turn away, but he pushed me up against the wall and kissed me. You know I never thought when people said that they see fireworks when they kiss someone special was true, but I definitely saw something." I explained, getting tingles in my stomach just talking about it.

Lacey smiled in 'Aw', "That's so perfect, I think I might cry." She wiped a fake tear and I elbowed her in the ribs. She laughed and looked around, "So he's just paying for you to stay here?"

"There was a catch." I informed her.

She laughed again, "What do you have to have sex with him?" For some reason that made my heart beat faster and I started to get hot? It was really freaking me out.

I quickly covered it up, "N-no," I laughed unsteadily, "He's tutoring me in Algebra." I said and she snorted, "Wow, what does he get out of that?" She asked, bluntly.

"A passing student?" I suggested and shrugged my shoulders.

Lacey chuckled, "I don't know, Cars. All I have to say is he must really fucking like you if he's doing all of this stuff for you and he wants nothing in return."

This only made me wonder and it started to make me feel bad, because I wasn't giving him anything in return. I'm definitely going to have to talk to him about that.

"Are you guys like serious? Are you like dating?" She asked, curiously.

I bit my lip and shook my head, "We're just starting to experiment things. We're taking baby steps." I quoted what Zack had said earlier on and she nodded, "Well, I'm going to have to give him the best friend talk."

This made me scrunch my eyebrows up in confusion, "Best friend talk?"

"Ya know the whole 'if you hurt my best friend I'll chop your balls off and serve them to the wild animals' talk." She said with a smile on her face.

I laughed and pulled her into a hug, "I love you, Lacey!"

She joined my laughter, "I love you too, girly."
♠ ♠ ♠
So first thing being said is if you read my stories, I haven't been updating except one story because my cousin was helping me, but the reason was is that My Aunt passed away and even though I was very close with her, I was really shooken up by it. I think I'll make a blog post to explain everything fully, since it's a long story, but I'm back now! :D

I gotta say for typing this out on my phone, I am really fucking proud of this chapter. I really hope you guys like it! Thanks for all the comments on the previous chapter. I would list them, but like I said I'm on my phone, so that's kind of hard. I love every single one of you, though! <3

Hopefully, I'll be updating more often now!

*If's there is any spelling errors or grammar errors, I'll fix it once I get to a computer. I think it was pretty good, though for being on my phone*

-Till next time. (;