Status: Active<3

Halo

Realized

I was freezing.

It finally hit 6am and I decided to start walking to school. Last night was the longest night of my life. I decided to not call Mr B- Zack, I just couldn't bother him again. He's already done so much. I ended up sleeping for about an hour in a tunnel on some little kid playground. My head was pounding and a sigh escaped my lips. I should of had Zack fill the prescription for me. As I was walking, I ended up finding out where I was and it wasn't too far from School. I walked into the main entrance right as the bell rang for first hour. I threw my book bag in my locker and and grabbed my stuff for first hour.

I looked down and realized I was still wearing the same clothes from yesterday. I groaned and saw a jacket hanging in my locker. I grabbed and put it on quickly. I made to my class just in time.

All through the day, Lacey was trying to talk to me, but I gave her the cold shoulder. I really didn't want to hear her lame apology. For lunch, I sat in the Library, where I finished all my homework for my previous classes.

The bell rang and I headed to Physics with a pounding headache, still. The class went by surprisingly fast. I was shocked. I kind of wanted to just ditch Algebra, but then I thought that was childish. I had to face Lacey sometime. Besides, Zack wouldn't like that too much. Zack. My heartbeat always accelerates when I think about him or even talk to him. The way he talks to me, makes me almost forget he's my teacher. Almost.

I grabbed my Algebra stuff and walked into the classroom. Lacey was already at her desk and Zack was at his writing on the white board. He didn't even notice me, so I walked quietly to my desk.

Lacey looked up at me, "Carson! What's wrong? What did I do?"

"Nothing, Lacey. Just forget it. I don't feel like talking." And I don't feel like having Zack hearing this conversation.

She groaned quietly, "Cars, you know I'm always here for you." Lacey tried to reassure me and that only made me snort really loud. For some reason, I now felt like talking.

I tossed my stuff on my desk, "Where were you last night when I was sleeping on a kid's playground in freezing weather?!"

"What-"

I didn't let her finish that sentence, "I ran away from my house and I called you to see if I could stay with you, but guess what you were doing? Getting drunk! I don't care anymore, you obviously like the bottle more than your best friend." I said in a more quieter voice.

Lacey was shocked and she started to feel guilty. During this time, I could feel Zack's eyes on me and I knew he wasn't going to let me leave today without an explanation. She opened her mouth to speak, but I raised my finger in the air, "I don't want to hear it." The bell rang and all the kids piled into their seats.

All through today's lesson, I was receiving apologetic looks from Lacey and angry looks from Zack. I know he's upset that I didn't call him, but he's gotta see where I'm coming from.

The bell rang and Lacey grabbed my arm, "Look, Carson. I'm sorry, really fucking sorry. You can come stay with me now."

I shook my head, "No, I think I'll just go home."

"So your Dad can beat the fuck out of you?!" She asked appalled.

I looked around and met Zack's piercing green eyes. I glared at her, "I guess I'll just take that risk!" Lacey scoffed and stormed out of the class room. I tried to scramble my things in a hurry to leave. I was really hoping Zack wouldn't stop me, but in a way, I was hoping he did.

"Not so fast, Carson." He said while shutting his classroom door.

Fuck. No one is going to be able to hear us now.

Why am I getting nervous about this?

Zack walked over to my desk and pulled up a chair. Once he sat in it, he gazed at me for a moment. He opened his mouth and also shook his head, "So, it's your Dad who's been doing this?"

I didn't say anything, I just looked down at my desk.

He sighed, "I figured as much." Again, I said nothing.

Zack straightened up his posture, "Carson, why didn't you fucking call me?! That was the purpose of me giving you my number. I'm trying to help you!"

"Mr. Baker, you've done enough." I said, while slowly meeting his gaze.

He shook his head, "No, Carson. I haven't. We need to get you into a safe place away from your Father."

I started to get angry, I knew what he was getting at, "I am NOT going to a teen home! Fuck that! I prefer the playground!"

"You're going to freeze to death if you stay there!" He exclaimed and then calmed down a bit, "That wasn't what I was referring to."

This made my stomach do flips for some reason, "Then what were you referring to?"

He folded his hands on his lap and exhaled, "I'm not taking no for an answer either. I'm going to pay for you to stay at a Hotel. All the expenses paid for. That way, I know you're safe."

I opened my mouth to object, but he pointed his finger at me, "It's either that or I go to the Principle with what I just heard." Damn. He's blackmailing me. Well it's not too bad, but still.

After a moment of thinking about it, I sighed in defeat, "Fine, whatever." I rubbed my forehead in the process. My head was still pounding.

Zack stood up from the chair, "Well come on, I'll take you to the Hotel and make sure you get all settled in. Oh, wait. There's one condition on this."

"What?" I asked, getting a little irritated.

He rolled his eyes before saying, "I'm going to tutor you in math."

"Great." I said sarcastically and this made him chuckle. I followed him to the door where I stopped because I was getting light-headed. I pressed a hand to my forehead and rested against the wall.

Zack put a hand on my shoulder, "Carson, what's wrong?" He asked, concern dripping in his voice.

"My head hurts and I'm lightheaded." I was surprised I even told him. I was becoming a lot more comfortable around him. I just wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing.

He frowned, "Did you take the medicine the doctor gave you?"

I shook my head, "I didn't have a chance to fill it. As soon as I walked in, my Dad freaked out on me-"

Zack cut me off, "He didn't hurt you again, did he?" He asked in a low tone voice, almost as he was afraid to know the answer. I shook my head again and he seemed to relax a bit.

"We can pick up the prescription on the way there. Lean up against me, I'll help you walk." He wrapped his arm around my waist and I couldn't help, but let a small smirk form on my lips, "What are the teachers going to think?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "That I'm helping a beautiful girl in need." My heart started to pound at this and my cheeks started to heat up. I moved my head to bury it in his shoulder. Why does he have this effect on me?

This only made Zack chuckle as we walked out of the School. He guided me to his car and even helped me in the passenger side. Once we were both in the car, something came to mind.

"Shit."

Zack turned to me, "What?"

"We're going to have to do something dangerous." I said while biting my bottom lip.

He cocked an eyebrow at me, "And that is?"

"Get clothes from my house. I have none on me what so ever." I said, while sighing.

Zack nodded, "Alright, we'll get them after we get your medicine. It won't be dangerous, Carson. I'm going to be with you. I won't let that fucker lay a hand on you. I don't care who he is, anyone who lays a hand on woman is dead meat in my eyes." He said while pulling out of the parking lot. My heart was melting at this.

I've never had someone so protective over me. I glanced over at him and he gave me a small smile. That sent my heart into over-drive and I finally realized why I was acting like this.

I was falling for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, yes. This is still active! I'm trying so hard to get this typed. I lost inspiration for it, but it's slowly coming back! I promise you will not have to wait that long for another update! Thank you everyone who has been asking for me to update, it makes me smile to see how many people like my story. :D

Also, thank you to Suck My Kiss. for the new banner! She's amazing! <3