Status: Active<3

Halo

Feel

"Ready?" Zack asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I took a deep breath and looked at our surroundings. We were parked in my driveway, next to my Dad's Van. This isn't going to be pretty. I have no clue how my Dad is going to react. I started to bit my lip at all of the bad thoughts running through my head.

Zack reached out and put his hand on top of mine, "It's going to be okay. I won't let him tough you." He sounded so sincere, which made me look up into his piercing green eyes. That was the reassurance I needed. I nodded and gave the best smile I could, "I'm ready."

He nodded and un-did his seat-belt. I did the same and got out of the car. I walked slowly up to the front door, I felt like I was facing a death sentence and I was afraid that some how I was going to get Zack hurt. We got to the door and I just stood there. My hands were shaking.

"It's alright, I'm here. He won't touch you, I won't let him." Again, he made me feel like I could do this. I took another deep breath and opened the door. Zack followed me in and I went to the living room to see if my Dad was in there. My heart sank into my stomach when I saw him sitting on the couch.

Once he saw Zack and I, his shoulders tensed up. His eyes met mine, "Where were you? I was worried sick." This made me want to scream. He was putting on a show for Zack. I've never really had people around, so this is a first. It almost makes me want to believe that he cares.

Almost.

I bit my lip, "Dad, you know what I'm about to say right now. I can't take it anymore. It's too much for me to handle." I said, in so many words. That way I didn't have to say too much in front of Zack. I'll do anything to stop him from making a scene.

My Dad rubbed the back of his neck and stood up, "Carson, everything is fine now-"

"No it's not. I can't live in a place where I get beat everyday." I said as tears started to roll down my cheeks. Zack placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, which seemed to help. Unfortunately, this only made my Dad glare at Zack, "So, what? You're going to run off with him?!"

Zack took a step in front of me, "Sir, she's going to be safe with me. All I want is what's best for her-"

He cut Zack off, "No all you want is to get in her pants. She's my Daughter and you're not taking her away from me!" I became tense and afraid. This was what I was trying to avoid.

This only made Zack mad, "Mr. Wheeling. If you would please just let Carson get her things and come with me, then nothing will happen, but if you keep refusing, then I have no other choice, but to call the cops. I have pictures of the markings you put on her, you'll be behind bars within hours. The choice is yours, sir." I almost wanted to smirk, Zack really has a way with words.

My Dad tightened his jaw and glared at me, "This isn't over. None of it, you will come back to me. I'm your Father, you can't escape me!" He shouted, causing me to flinch.

Zack turned to me and spoke quietly, "Go get your things. Everything that you can grab. I'll stay down here." That made my eyes widen in fear. Zack rolled his eyes and mouthed 'go'. A sigh escaped my lips and I rushed upstairs.

I shoved all of the clothes I would need in my suitcase. I already had my back pack, so I didn't need anything like that. I ran across the hall, into the bathroom. I grabbed all of my toiletries and walked back down the stairs. Zack was talking lowly with my Dad. I caught the last of it as I walked closer.

"-I mean it. If you ever even think about laying a hand on her again, You won't be going to prison, you'll be 50 feet under the ground." Zack finished off as I walked in. My Dad was clenching his jaw so bad that it looked like it was about to bust. Zack grabbed my suitcase and we walked out of the house without another word from my Dad.

Once we were in the car again, I felt better. Still a little afraid, but better. Zack started the car up and looked at me, "I told you it wouldn't be so bad." I nodded, still not feeling like myself. I mean I should be happy. I don't have to be with him anymore, but I guess I'm just scared. Scared that he could come after me.

We got to the Hotel within 20 minutes. I wasn't too far out of town, but definitely a long walking distance. If I wanted to go to School. Zack got me a room for 2 weeks and it was a really expensive room too. I tried to reason with him that I didn't that big of a room, but he didn't even acknowledge me. He walked me to my room which was number 3232, on the third floor. We got inside and I flicked the lights on. The room was so huge. It was bigger than I expected. It had 1 master bed, flat screen TV, and it even had a small kitchen. I walked into the bathroom to see a HUGE bathtub that had jets in it and there was shower stall next to it. Even though I feel really bad that Zack is doing all of this for me, this is actually really amazing.

I walked out of the bathroom and Zack smiled at me, "Like it?"

"Love it. Seriously Mr. Baker, thank you for everything that you've done for me. I can't thank you enough." I said, now grinning ear to ear. This only made Zack smile, but almost like it was a pained smile.

I became curious, "Something wrong?"

He took a step forward in my direction, "Carson, you know that I didn't just do this, because you're my student right?"

My heart was pounding in my chest at his words. I could feel my palms getting sweaty. I couldn't even speak. I know where he was going with this. Zack took another step towards me and our bodies were almost touching. He reached out and placed his hand delicately on my cheek. My reaction was to lean my face into his hand. He wasn't the only one feeling this way.

Zack was gazing into my eyes and for the first time, I saw Zack. Not the Mr. Baker I see everyday. I saw Zack Baker, who I'm slowly falling for. My heartbeat was still going into overdrive and I had no other choice, but to make a move. I leaned up slowly and just like that, he was ripped away from me.

I blinked several times and he walked over to the bag. He pulled out my bottle of pills that I have to take for my headache. He handed them to me, "Take these and get some rest. You had a hard day. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Wait-" I tried to stop him, but he was already out the door.

Now I was starting to realize maybe he doesn't feel the way I feel.
♠ ♠ ♠
MERRY CHRISTMAS<3