Status: Possible new story!

Made of Plastic, It's Not Fantastic!

Chicken

BOBBI:

When it happened, I thought I was dreaming, but then I remembered that I couldn't dream (which is very ironic considering we have Dream Houses and Dream Dates). Whatever it was, it seemed impossible.

It started with a short of blackout. The last thing I remembered was playing with Molly in the backyard, which I always enjoyed since Barbie complained about the mud caked in her heels and the occasional grass stain on her sparkly white jeans.

Anyway, when I opened my eyes again, I felt very different. Yes, it was dark and I was forgotten in the yard -- again -- and the sprinklers emerged from the ground like zombies, but all of that stuff wasn't really new to me. I was also naked, but that wasn't new either.

When I finally put my finger on it, it was like finding the matching shoe in a box full of accessories. I was a freaking human!

Human! With warm skin and hairy...parts...and fingernails and wiggly toes! And I was big, too! I could tell because my torn clothes were on the grass beside my feet. I stared at myself for what seemed like hours, amazed and confused and scared and thrilled and...

I heard voices and jerked my head up toward the house. It seemed so small compared to how I remembered it. It was dark, but I could see other humans inside through a window. It didn't look like Molly or her mother were home, but Tristan must have been --

Oh, my God!

~oOo~

TRISTAN:

I was just starting to get involved with the amazingly sexy Julie Parker when Danny shook my shoulder.

I broke away from her, annoyed for obvious reasons. "What?"

Brian was behind him, giggling like an idiot at something out the back window. "There's a girl outside in a towel that is asking for you."

I shook my head and started kissing Julie again. They were drunk, although it was still a bit early for that.

"Does that mean I can take her off your hands?" Brian asked.

Julie pulled my face closer to hers. I stretched out my arm and gave him a thumbs up.

~oOo~

BOBBI:

I grabbed one of the princess beach towels off of the clothesline and wrapped it around myself, making a makeshift dress. I was pretty sure humans weren't used to nakedness like we were.

My knees were so wobbly and they felt like noodles, but I managed to approach the door and knock on the glass. A human boy answered, and I imagined him to be one of Tristan's friends.

I hugged the towel closer to my body. I was going to speak to a human for the first time as a human. "Um..." I wish I could have said something more interesting.

The boy blinked his eyes many times and smiled at me. "Can I help you?"

I gulped and touched my throat, feeling my neck muscles move with it. "I-is Tristan home?"

The boy didn't answer me, but instead invited his friends to the doorway. They all stared at me the same way, with big smiles and curious eyes. They muttered comments that made me feel uncomfortable.

I shut my eyes -- another new concept -- and pushed my way past them, into the house. "Excuse me."

There had to have been a billion people inside, and they all spotted me with alarmed expressions. I shuffled my bare feet along the wooden floor, on a mission to find Tristan. I felt like only he could take this nasty feeling out of my stomach.

When I finally found him, it was bittersweet. I was so glad to see him through my human eyes, to be in his presence as a brand new me. Only bad part was the fact he was all over some girl that looked quite similar to a plastic blonde that I knew.

One of his eyes peeked open and spotted me standing there like a helpless little puppy. He stood up faster than bread in a toaster and watched me, and I was sure he knew. The entire room stopped to see his reaction.

Come on, Bobbi. Speak!

I wondered what made me so chicken now that I was human. It was what I wanted, wasn't it? To be human? I spoke when I was a doll and forbidden to do so. Why couldn't I do it now? Why did I feel something in my stomach that was usually hollow and empty?

I wished with my entire human heart that I was dreaming.