Status: Active :)

Last Chance

t h r e e.

I was swooped up in a big hug immediately once I got off the plane.
"Hey B how was your flight?" Jared said once he let go of me.
"Alright, I haven't been here in years, it’s great to be back. And I missed you like crazy."
"Well duh you missed me. I'm glad to have you here, common lets go get you settled" He grabbed my bag and we walked to baggage claim to get the rest of my shit.

Once we got to Jared's apartment I unpacked my stuff and started hanging my clothes up. It was nice to have my own space even if it was small. Jared came in with a snack and sat on my bed watching me fold clothes. "Jared I promise I will only be here for a little bit, just until I save enough money and I will totally help out around here and clean"

"Since when do you clean?" he laughed "and don't worry about it, just don't bring guys home every night and throw parties, okay?"

"Very funny, I can’t do that anymore. Coming here was risky. No boys and no booze"

"Well ill keep an eye on you, but you will be 21 soon so you’re gonna have to be able to drink a little" he winked as he got up from the bed and walked toward the door. "Yeah yeah, i know" I sighed. I didn’t want him to babysit me but I was grateful to be living with someone who knew what was best for me.

I woke up to the sun beaming down on my face and the chill of the AC on my back. I hope Jared has coffee because I desperately need some. I made my way down the hall and into the kitchen, Jared and two other guys stood at the counter discuss something that seemed important but who knows, I didn’t really give a shit and didn’t want to intrude. I grabbed a mug from the counter and started to make some coffee.
"Hey B, glad to see your up, its almost two.” Jared greeted when he noticed I was there “These are some of the guys, Kennedy and Pat. Guys, this is my cousin Blakely"

"Nice to finally meet you guys, pardon my appearance" I said glancing down at my oversized t-shirt and pajama shorts.

"Jared had told us a lot about you, glad to have you in Arizona" the long haired boy, Pat said. And the other just nodded a ‘hello’.

I finished making my coffee and a little something to eat and hopped up on the counter to finish breakfast and listen to the guys. "So Blakely, there's a get together thing for another band mate Garrett tomorrow, it’s his birthday, you should come" Jared said.
I nodded in response "I’ll see if I'm feeling up to it tomorrow." I wasn't sure how this way gonna go considering I didn't want to 'party' but I knew Jared and his friends liked to have a good time, and that included alcohol.

"Well I guess I'm gonna go look for a job, that’s the first step of starting my life, right?" I somewhat laughed to myself as I jumped off the counter.

"What kind of job are you looking for?" Kennedy asked

"Anything really, something that brings in a little money would be nice."

"Well my girlfriend just quit working at the coffee shop about three minutes away, I know its small but it’s a start, they would totally hire you."

"Thanks, ill check it out!"

______

I walked into the crowded house about an hour after the festivities started. I did not want to be here but I owed it to Jared since he has been such a big help. Jared was summoned over to play beer pong and I quickly found Pat in the backyard. He introduced me to the other band mate Garrett, and a few other friends who were there. I met the bands crew and they were really nice, I won’t remember anyone’s name but that’s alright. I’m sure ill be seeing plenty of these guys. Pat told me that their lead singer was around here somewhere and that a few other local bands were on tour and couldn't make it.
An hour or so had passed and majority of the people were drunk, or tipsy to say the least. I honestly just wanted to go home. I was doing fine tonight, I hadn’t even had a drink, but I would much rather be sleeping than watching people having fun while I stand around. I made my way through the crowd of people into the bathroom so I could get a moment of alone time and not be tempted. A tall figure bumped into me as I turned the corner. I looked up at the oddly familiar face before he slurred out a 'hello'. I nodded in response and pushed past him and made my way into the bathroom and closed the door, not wanting to deal with these drunken ass boys.

I sat on the counter for a few moments before it clicked and my stomach dropped.

Hawaii.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would love comments! More subscribers and comments = quicker updates :)