Status: Complete!

Guides for the Pre-Engagement Life

#1.6: "Five Year Milestone"

Michael's Mom and Sisters all knew, or at least, had a hint that I may have been pregnant, but because I didn't confirm it with them, they still asked me whether it was true or not. I told Michael that it was best that we didn't tell anyone until there was confirmation that the baby was healthy, considering that I had an operation in May for one of the fallopian tubes, and the Doctor mentioned that I got pregnant a month later, which I calculated and found that we may have conceived the day after Michael returned from his Birthday in Vegas.
I hadn't told Lia, but apparently, she received a hint from the baby's daddy when he nearly blurted it out to the American team the same week as the World Championships, and she told me that when everything's confirmed, she be the first to be told. My Parents were still in the blank too, and it was hard not to tell them since they called me every weekend to ask how I was. I hated keeping secrets from them.
But I needed to wait. I mean, Michael and me needed to wait.
The Doctor said that we would need to reach the twelfth week of pregnancy before we can see the baby through ultrasound and hear the heartbeat. That would be proof enough that it was a healthy one, right?

Well, I was 10 weeks along on the week of our anniversary, and Michael suddenly became so over-protective and affectionate since I told him, he wanted to make our anniversary count. A few days after we returned from California, we packed again and we went to Hawaii, where we spent our fifth month anniversary together - and where we made love for the first time. He claimed it was only appropriate to celebrate the five years we've been together at a significant place where we spent our five month milestone.
I guess it was okay to say, Aloha Hawaii!

Hush, Hush

We would have officially been together for five years on August 27th 2010, which fell on a Wednesday, but we arrived in Hawaii a few days earlier. Monday, to be exact, and I practically crashed into the bed once we got there.
Tuesday, I felt so lively, poor Michael, looked a bit tired too. We didn't do too much of the physical activities because he said that he didn't want anything to happen to me. Though, with my moody hormones being a bitch, I managed to persuade him to allowing me to try snorkelling and swimming with the dolphins. I often felt bad for Michael, when we made up, he told me that I was scary when I had hormonal problems, but I confessed that it was mainly because I never liked to celebrate my birthday due to my Parents' divorce. I didn't know how he found out that that was the reason I hardly wanted to do anything on the day of my birth, but I had an idea who might've told him.
I suppose the emotional problem added more bitchiness into my hormonal state.
I'm sorry Michael.

While getting dressed, I stopped before I covered my orange bikini bra with a singlet and stared at my reflection in the mirror. There wasn't a visible bump on me and it didn't even look like I was pregnant, I looked the same. I tapped on my stomach and sighed.
"We're not going if you're just going to wear that on the way to that place," Michael pointed our as he had just walked out of the bathroom. He pulled a shirt over his body and added, "At least put on a shirt? Too much skin, Anne, and people will stare."
"Of course I'll put a shirt on," I laughed. "But I was just staring at myself. In a few weeks, my stomach will start to get bigger, then I'll be bloated, and I might not get my body like this anymore," I complained. "You better keep a mental image for future reference-"
"-Anne, it doesn't really matter," He interrupted while making his way over and wrapped his arms from behind. He placed his hands on top of my stomach and whispered, "Because I'll still love you either way."
"Is that so? And if that's not true, I'm going to hunt you down," I threatened.
"How long until you stop being so moody?"
"I have no idea," I shrugged. "This is your fault. Although, finding out I was pregnant was the best birthday gift ever."
"Oh, that reminds me," He exclaimed as he walked over to his luggage and pulled out the small chest that he never gave me the key to. He rummaged further into his luggage and pulled out a smaller key, and he took a seat at the edge of the bed while staring at both of the things in his grasp. I wandered over to him while pulling the singlet over myself and sat innocently on his lap.
"I forgot to give you your birthday gift," He smiled, and I was about to say something else to add to his statement, but he beat me to it and said, "Other than that, Anne."
I giggled and took the key from his hold. I fiddled with it for a bit to test his patience, even though it wasn't his present, he still rushed me to open it. So I slowly pushed the key in the lock and turned clockwise, and the padlock clicked open. I fumbled a bit while trying to unhook it from the chest, but when I managed to, I got worried what was inside.
Why worried? I don't know, ask my hormones.
I held onto the tiny hook that poked out and slowly lifted it upwards to reveal what was inside, but I had my eyes closed and looking away because I was afraid of my reaction, so Michael guided me throughout the time. He led my fingers inside the chest and touched the content of the chest. I didn't know what it was, and my curiosity got the best of me and I instantly turned my head - a bit too fast - which made me feel dizzy.
"Be careful," He advised as he controlled my hand to pull out the gift.
My jaws dropped and my eyes narrowed. "Oh my God," I sobbed.

A silver charm bracelet that had a Peridot stone - the August birthstone - had already dangled from it. Michael said that he bought two stones because both our relationship and I were born in August. It was beautiful. I didn't expect it though, but I've always wanted one since I saw first took notice of them in Beijing. I commented that it was a good investment because it also kept memories, and I supposed he paid attention to my subtle hints.

"Wait, there's something else to add." Michael reached into a packet that he pulled out from behind him and revealed two other charms. He fiddled with the bracelet and opened it so he could slip the other two he bought, and he slipped the purple charm and said, "This is my birthstone, Ale-Alex-Alexandrite or something, my birthstone to add to your set." And he slipped the blue one afterwards. "Aquamarine, the March birthstone for our little guy in growing in your belly," He explained.
I instantly tossed my arms over him and pressed my lips against his. I parted from our quick kiss and let out a chuckle, "Little guy, huh?" I quizzed as I leaned my forehead on his.
"I know it's a boy, so don't argue." He tapped on my thigh before he put the bracelet back into the chest and locked it. I got confused, but then it clicked. I took the small chest from his grasp and tapped on it as I said, "I don't want to lose it while we go swimming."
"We're only swimming because you got angry at me."
"I did not!" Ah, the harsh tone was back. I noticed it though and quickly apologized while getting off his lap. I adjusted my singlet and rubbed my stomach, grinned before I covered my mouth - once again - and disappeared into the bathroom.
I heard Michael chuckle. "Are you going to hold it in while we're swimming around?" He asked. I flushed the toilet and pushed myself to my feet, the tissue tapped on the side of my lips as I nodded and replied, "You can't change my mind. This baby isn't going to stop me from having fun. I'm in Hawaii, and the fun will go on!"
"I can never win with you," He grinned with his arms crossed and his body leaned against the doorframe. "But I've got leverage, so I can handle it."
"What's your power over me?"
"You know very well-"
"-Well you'll have to delay that, love," I cut in.
"And you're always going to be the boss, huh?"
I tapped on my nose and winked before I brushed passed him.
Pregnant or not, I was determined to do what I can before I had to mellow down on any activities for the sake of the baby.

Snorkelling was fun, so was swimming with the dolphins. I felt such a child with my dream come true, and I was really giggly throughout the whole time. Thank God my body played along and allowed me to enjoy myself, it was a much deserved break from reality and from all the episodes that I've had. I'll admit that I had been overreacting and overdoing my bitchiness, but I was so thankful that Michael stuck by with me through thick and thin.
"Are you enjoying yourself?"
I sat by the edge of the swimming pool and nodded quite a lot. My feet splashed about inside the water and I couldn't stop fiddling. Michael swam over to me and floated in between my legs, his hands flat on my back and his attention was all on me. There were people around, and even they stared, but they were respectful and kept their distance. I was pretty surprised that they didn't bother us.
"I can't wait for tomorrow," He whispered.
I placed my hands on both side of his face. "Do you have something planned tomorrow, Mr Phelps?" I leaned over and pecked his forehead.
"Yeah, but I can only take one of you."
"Are you saying that you'd prefer to take him?" Yes, I agreed that the baby may be a boy, well, because he wouldn't stop pushing for me to agree with him.
"One day, just not today," He chuckled and pushed himself up to steal a kiss.
Oh, Michael, Michael, Michael, I couldn't resist falling in love with you.

Memory Lane

Five years. Five years. Who could've imagined that we've made it that long, and to be honest, I would've thought that Michael went for another girl along the way. I admit, I did think that he was going to break up with me at some point. We've officially been together for five, brilliant, rough, loving and glorious years.
What were the odds!

I woke up that morning with breakfast in bed, showered by white rose petals and getting smothered by kisses. For some reason, he kept rushing me, and by noon, he rented bicycles and we went through a very familiar route. I realized where we were once we got off and had to walk a few minutes through a rough path, and when we arrived, I dropped the bicycle when all the memories came rushing through my head.
"To think, we were here four years ago," I murmured under my breath. Ah, I saw the naïve 19 year old Roxanne Miller ogling then 20 year old Michael Phelps as they prepared to take a swim, and in the small cave behind the waterfall was where the talk of losing my virginity went on. "Good times," I thought aloud.
"You make me feel so old, Anne," Michael joked as he lifted my fallen bicycle and dragged it with him along with his to the same spot where we dumped our bags the last time we were in that location. "I thought they'd make this place more popular, but it's a good thing that it's not. Since this is our secret spot."
I placed the backpack onto the ground and wandered near the water. It was the same clear water with the cool breeze from the waterfall headed to my direction. I smelled the fresh nature air, the sun right above us and the birds chirped a beautiful tune.
"Hey Michael," I grinned his way. "Do you think someone will catch us doing something behind the waterfall?" I had the sudden urge to be spontaneous and naughty.
His eyes narrowed, he seemed surprised that he even dropped both bicycles when he heard my question. "W-What?" He stammered.
I decided it was a bad idea. "Never mi-"
"-I didn't say I wouldn't give it a try." He shook his head hastily.
I laughed and held onto his hand, I tugged him closer and kissed him. I then tiptoed to whisper in his ear what I wanted to try out behind the waterfall. At first, he looked unsure, and then he began to fall into the temptation as I began to unzip my dress and tossed it on top of our bags. I was in the same black bikini I wore four years ago, but instead of a pair of board shorts, I wore the matching bikini that came with it. I unhooked the sunglasses off of my face and folded them, and then tucking them onto the collar of his shirt.
"I'll be waiting for you." I winked before I dove right into the water. And the moment I lifted my head over the water to catch my breath, Michael was no longer on land and swam as fast as he could towards me - which wasn't really that long, considering that he held world records in the pool.
I splashed the water towards him when he was close enough and tried to make an escape to the waterfall. I was at a very big disadvantage though, I mean, come on, Michael Phelps was like a fish when it came to him and the water. Luckily, I didn't get caught until we made it on the rocks behind the waterfall, where he slipped and pulled me with him, though he made sure that I landed on him, which I though was a bad idea since he lay there groaning with a hint of laughter. I laughed and turned around so I straddled him as he sat up.
"You win, Mr Phelps," I said in between my giggles. I stroked my fingers through his damp hair and messed it up a bit, and I trailed my fingers to the sides of his face and stopped at the mini-moustache that he loved to grow every time it was off-season.
Michael held onto my hands and pecked both of them lightly, and he stared into my eyes and complimented me. He followed it with words of gratitude and ended with, "I love you."
"I love you too," I replied. A familiar feeling tingled on my cheeks as I felt a blush appear, and it had been a while since I blushed at his compliments.
"Ah, long time, no see, Sweet Cheeks," He chuckled and leaned over to peck each cheek. "I still remember the time when we had our first kiss."
I suddenly felt embarrassed. "Oh, don't bring it up," I pleaded, but his smirk said otherwise.
"Hey, it was a memorable moment-"
"-Michael, we just started dating and going serious, and I was self-conscious..."
"Anne, I was sorry."
"I burned the bikini, you know," I frowned.
"But I kept the photos," He cheekily replied. "Anyway, about your earlier idea-"
"-Do you think we'll get caught?" I bit my lower lip.
"This wouldn't be the first time we did it in a public place-" I quickly covered his mouth and shook my head. "Mmm, mmm, mm, m, mmm," He mumbled against my hand.
"You said you wouldn't talk about those other times!" I whined.
He lifted my hand from his face and stole a kiss. "So what makes it any different to here?"
"If we do this, you better not brag about it," I threatened. He agreed, but I knew that one way or another, he was bound to open his mouth and accidentally let out a hint.
I knew him and had been with him for five years.
"Is it wrong for me to seduce you like that?" I began to question my actual thought. It was a spontaneous spur of the moment due to the memory of having lost my virginity to him after a moment at that very spot. During the time I was thinking, Michael's lips were leaving trails of kisses around the exposed skin at his reach and it made me tingle. I basically shivered in his grasp like the first time we had sex.
I still felt immature thinking about it.
"Ah!" A moan busted out of me as he began to touch me the way he knew how. He had been the only guy I slept with, the one I experienced a few firsts with, and the one who I wanted to be with for the rest of my life. We even had a little kiddo on the way.
I was really in love with this man, and the more I thought about it, the more I grew to appreciate him and wanted to thank him for every day he spent with me instead of any other woman out there. Insecurities, rumours, tabloids, status, my moody moments, his typical boy mannerism, and whatever hurdle that was presented to us nearly broke us apart, but there we were, making love behind the waterfall.

Anyone who's fallen in love and found the person they felt they could spend their whole life with would know how I felt right then and there. For those who haven't, one day, I hope you would experience it.

To describe it, I guess I would start with the fact that it is an amazing feeling that, as a person, makes you feel whole. I would say that being in love is the most wonderful feeling in the world. It is that idea of being totally consumed with someone and appreciating all their qualities, good and bad. And feeling lucky that this person is in your life, and feeling excited about seeing them. Worrying about them when they're not around and being beside yourself with happiness when they are. Love can be both the best and the worst feeling in the world, but either way you can't deny it is an amazing feeling!

Now that I think about it, I actually think that maybe another few more years with Michael Phelps wouldn't hurt, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Geez, not the usual 5 Microsoft Word Pages, but it'll do. Last chapter drained me.
And no, no smut today because it's meant to be a romantic and sweet moment for the couple who just crossed the five year mark. I'm sorry I made you wait, had a bit of a serious one on one time with my assignments, gwargh, and thankfully, I have writing this fan-fiction to relax.
Makes me wonder what I'd do after I finish this?
Oh wait, there's a sequel to this too! I nearly forgot about that.

Anywhoooo, I realized there's five more chapters left. That was quick, and to think that I started writing this sequel 18 days ago! Thanks for the attention you're giving it, and I don't expect much in return either. Your comments is as fine and dandy as Michael and Roxanne.

xox