Status: Complete!

Guides for the Pre-Engagement Life

#0.6: "Valentine's Day"

My Mom and ol' Nick went somewhere in Florida for Valentine's Day. My Dad and my Step-Mom went to Hawaii. My Older Brother surprised his girlfriend in Vancouver, Canada. Lia and Derek went to Mexico. I swear that there were couples everywhere!
You would have thought that elaborate gifts and romantic getaways were Michael Phelps's specialty - well it was - just not that particular Valentine's Day. He wasn't able to be with me that day because he was on the other side of the country for a Charity Event, and I knew that I was alone on that romantic time of the year.

My Oh-So-Lonesome Self

I woke up that morning with the dog being my morning kiss, we went for a walk to which made me take extra notice on the men and women holding hands and cuddling and rolling around on the grass. All the while, I was with Herman instead of my significant other. He and I stayed at the park for a while so he could run around, and he even found a little girlfriend for the time we were there.
Everyone seemed to have been in pairs.
We got home an hour or two later, and found a package by the front door.
"Are you expecting something, Herm?" I questioned the dog as I lifted the package and walked into the house. I stopped on the spot and narrowed my eyes, because there were petals of white roses all over the floor. "Did you do this, Herm?"
I unhooked the dog's leash and let him wander off to follow the roses as I closed the door. I didn't know what was going on, and it troubled me not to know. I held the package tight against me and followed the trail of petals too. There were no signs of Michael being home, so there was definitely no way that it was him, there were no signs of intrusion as well as signs of either Derek or Lia around since they had keys to the house.
"Oh my God!" I jumped back and covered my mouth so I wouldn't scream. Herman sniffed around at the bouquet of white roses that was placed in a vase on top of the coffee table, a balloon dangled from the ceiling just above it and a card dangled at the end of the string. "What's going on here?" I kept asking Herman all these questions, and I know it looked weird, but he was the only one there.
I reached for the card and opened it, there was Michael's signature and his handwriting scribbled from top to bottom of one side, and he attached a coupon for a free massage, manicure and pedicure at the spa on the other. He apologized about how he wasn't able to be around with me, and though he invited me constantly to follow him to his events, I couldn't go with him. He added that even when he wasn't around, he still had ways to celebrate Valentine's Day with me, and he revealed that he wanted to make it up to me with a list of surprises that he planned ahead of time so I would still feel loved on my own.
"I swear your owner is one hell of a hopeless romantic," I muttered as I released the card and sat on the sofa to return my attention to the package. I used my keys to rip the tape around it and roughly lifted the covers. I tossed the paper and gasped. Herman leaped on the spot beside me and stared at the content of the package with me. I reached in and lifted the dress that was inside. It was a black strapless dress, up to my knees and curved around my body with ease. A note scribbled all over by Michael's handwriting fell from the dress and instructed me to wear it after my time at the spa.
"Herman, if you know something, you better tell me," I sternly scolded the dog. He merely barked and gave me a sloppy lick on the cheek before he waddled off on his own. I stared seriously towards the dress is my grasp and began to wonder...

What was Michael Phelps up to?

At lunch time, I got a phone call from a delivery boy and right at my doorstep was a box of the waffles that we ate at our favourite Pancake House in Ann Arbor. The woman who cooked it greeted me through the phone and wanted me to enjoy it as it was made with love. At first, I thought it wouldn't be as great as it wasn't fresh, but she told me that she was in Baltimore with her husband to see the Washington Monument before she retired, and she made it fresh from the comfort of their hotel room. Apparently, Michael funded their flight to Baltimore just for the sake of making me lunch.

"Michael called me one night, around six o'clock last week, I think it was on a Wednesday, and he asked me what my Husband and I were doing for Valentine's Day," She began to explain. "It was rather awkward, but then it made sense because he asked if I could whip up a fresh batch of waffles and ice-cream that you two love so much for lunch today. He told me that he wasn't going to be with you today and asked me nicely to make it with extra love, since you were alone today. I'm happy that the two of you are still together after all these years, since I saw some couples break up after five years."
"What happens after five years?" I curiously asked.
"Oh, it's just one of those superstitions that couples get all these tension and problems on their fifth year together because they start to thinking differently. But I doubt it'd happen to you love birds," She sounded quite hopeful. "So, I hope you enjoy that. I made it with extra syrup in the batter because I know how you love it sweet."
"Thank you so much!"

While eating, I turned on the television and it was one of those news channels. I watched the female reporter prance around with the celebrities and at the charity event. It took me a while to recognize that it was the same event that Michael attended yesterday. I didn't have a clue what he was up to on Valentine's Day though, because I haven't heard a single word from him since that morning. He only told me that he would be home tomorrow, the day after Valentine's Day. The thought made me viciously stab my fork into a slice of the waffle and munched on it while I focused on the television.
"It's Valentine's Day tomorrow, and some of these celebrities are already taken. I should ask them what they're up to for the most romantic day of the year. Hmm, oh, look, there's 8 Gold Medallist, Michael Phelps! Michael, is your lovely lady here today?" The reporter asked as I saw my significant other on the screen. I felt so giddy inside when he flashed his smile towards the camera. He had been playing with a few of the children.
"She's not here with me, she couldn't join me today. She's back in Baltimore," Michael answered calmly as he tried to focus on what the reporter was saying.
"Such a shame, so any plans for Valentine's Day?"
He combed his fingers through his hair and chuckled followed by a shrug. "I don't actually know what I'll be up to while I'm on this side of the country, but I planned a few things for Roxanne while she's on her own in Baltimore."
I felt nervous. I began to nibble on the fork with nothing on it.
The female reporter smiled and got a bit giggly. "That's so sweet of you. Do you mind telling us what plans you may have for her?"
"Like I always tell her, I'm not saying a word and she'll just have to be patient."
I slapped my cheek and groaned. Typical Michael Phelps, we were already on the other ends of the country and he still kept his cool about his plans for me, and he even made it seem like it was nothing. But to me, it made me feel even more anxious.
"Before we send you back to these kids, do you have any last words to say to your significant other all the way in Baltimore?"
Michael looked directly at the camera with his goofy smile curved on his lips and flashed his white teeth. "I'll see you soon," He cooed before he moved his attention back to the children he played games with.
In my frustration, I leaned back on the sofa and groaned loudly. Herman joined in not long after as we sat there, howling in frustration.

What did he mean by that!?

As instructed by my boyfriend, I went to the spa at around three in the afternoon. I sat through an hour of massage treatment, another hour for the manicure and pedicure, and an extra hour for a cool down in the spa pool. I was very relaxed by the end of it.
When I back to the house, I went straight to the bedroom and ogled at the black dress that was laid out on the bed. My arms crossed over my chest as I leaned against the wall. A pair of black heels was placed just below and my jewellery for the whole outfit was arranged neatly beside it.
"Herman, what is your owner up to?" I moaned as the dog took a seat beside me. It was around six in the evening, and Michael instructed me to put on the dress, but I didn't even know where I was headed afterwards, all I knew was that I was being picked up by a cab and taken a to a fancy-pants restaurant downtown.
I gave Herman a tap on the head before I began to undress and prepare for the evening that my significant other planned out. I hoped that he wouldn't let me eat on my own that evening, because that was just sad.

Fancy Night Out

By seven o'clock, I was at the restaurant.
When I got down from the cab, the driver didn't want me to pay because he said it was well taken care of. I felt so uneasy the closer I got to the door, since I wasn't even sure why I was there if Michael was said to be on the other side of the country. The fact that the restaurant was top notch and it usually wasn't my scene, it made butterflies race about in my stomach and my throat clogged by all the words I wanted to say.
"Ah, welcome Ms Miller, we've been expecting you," The Maître D greeted. "Your table is waiting and prepared just for you. If you could follow me please," He added as he led me towards the more private area of the restaurant, it was near the back where the booths were. The whole time I had stared at the floor as though I was afraid of what I might see when I end up at the table.
"Here we are," He beckoned towards the end of the booth. It took a while for me to look up, but when I did, I swear, if I wasn't at such a public and fancy place, I would have jumped around and screamed my head off. Oh, not from excitement, from frustration.
Frustration from my anxiety that was built up after thinking that I would've dined alone.
But no, Michael Phelps, the hopeless romantic and over the top planner that he was, stood in front of me in semi-formal get-up. He gave the Maître D a pat on the shoulder before he pulled me into a very tight embrace. I felt my heart raced savagely against my chest as I wrapped my arms around his torso and I leaned my forehead against his chest.

Oh how much I wanted to hit him for nearly giving me a heart attack.

"I swear, I'm going to kill you," I mumbled as Michael stepped back to take a good look at me. His eyes travelled up and down before he smiled and gave me a peck on the lips. I sighed as I parted from him and shuffled around to the middle of the booth ahead of him, and he only laughed at my gloomy face as he took his spot next to me and held onto my hand. He stared at me for a while before he asked, "Why would you want to kill me?"
I shook my head and subtly smacked him on the arm. "Why didn't you tell me that you were here already!? I was having a panic attack that you sent me here to eat by myself!" I ranted on. "On my way here, I was wondering why you were going to make me come here when you knew that I didn't like going to fancy restaurants without someone with me-"
He pressed his lips against mine. "I love you too," He grinned as he handed me a glass of champagne. "And I got here this morning. Who else laid out your surprise? I stayed at Lia and Derek's since they're not home, and when you left for the spa, I went back in, got my things and got ready back at Derek's place. I didn't want to leave any clues that I was home," He explained. "I even saw you and Herm walk pass on your way to the park."
"You're such an ass." I tried to stay frowning, but the fact that he did all that for me made me smile. I nibbled on my lower lip as I muttered, "But thank you."
"I only do these things for you."
I tried to distract myself back to the menu that was handed to me by the waiter. I refused to look at him, even when he cuddled closer to me and tried to initiate some contact, but I played hard to get and pretended to be annoyed at him - though it was failing, badly.
"Why are you angry at me?" Michael whispered into my ear.
"I'm not," I lied as I lifted a breadstick and leaned back on the comfy back cushion. I placed the breadstick between my teeth and snapped it, and I could've sworn I saw Michael flinch when I did that. "It was just that my day was rather... lonely. I appreciate that you did that all for me. Then surprise me with a dinner here in this fancy-pants restaurant, but I've never missed you so much before. It was so empty, and for once, I thought all the couples all planned a massive gathering at the park to rub it in my face that you weren't there with me. It was rather sad if I watched myself throughout the whole day. I guess, I looked like a single person all over again."
"I don't know whether or not to interpret it as a good thing."
"It's probably midway? I don't know," I exhaled and bit on the breadstick, but before I could snap it again, he leaned over and bit on the other half and snapped it off. He chewed on the other half before he asked, "So, you missed me? Is that what you were saying? Don't you miss me whenever we're apart?"
"Well yeah, but this time, I felt really sad without you."
"That's cute," He teased. "I've never heard or seen this side of you before, Pumpkin."
I shivered. "I told you not to call me that!"
"Why does your Mom call you that?"
I turned away from him and gulped down the champagne. I picked up another breadstick and snapped it between my fingers as I explained, "Because when I was younger, I was a rather round child, and one Halloween, when I was three, my Mom and Dad thought it was great to dress me up as a pumpkin..."
Michael began to chuckle.
"It was cute, I know," I groaned as I felt my cheeks heat up.
"I can definitely say that you've bloomed into a beautiful woman, Pumpkin."
I felt like a tomato again. Every time he called me that, it made me feel so special, and even though he's said it nearly every day since we started being serious, I was still not used to it. I placed both hands on the side of my face to try and flush away the red blush on my cheeks. But Michael took my hands off of my face and cupped my chin, and he made me face him with our eyes staring straight into each other.
"You're my beautiful girl," He whispered while he leaned close and gave me a peck on the forehead. "Don't ever forget that. And I'm sorry that I made you feel lonely, I thought it would be great the surprise you, but then I remembered that you're a bad person to pull a surprise on knowing how suspicious you'd get."
"I still owe you a present." I grinned which made him grin too.
"And what is that?"
"I'll show you when we get home, I bought it on my way home from the spa."
"Oooh, is it one of those outfits again? Which one is it?"
"Just be patient," I retaliated while mimicking his voice.

Frisky Business

As soon as we got home, we didn't even have time to turn on the lights and put away our things as we began to make out once the door closed and the whole house had turned up the heat. Our shoes were tossed to the side followed by the things in our bag and pockets on the floor, and I figured our phones and the other accessories on us were slammed onto the side table before we entered our bedroom.
All we wanted was to explore each other's bodies that night, and nothing stopped us.

"Wait," I stopped him before he had the chance to touch the zipper of the black dress that covered me. I slowly unbuttoned his shirt as our lips continued to meet no matter how much I tried to part from him, it was the magnetic force that it had. "Honey, wait," I muffled against his lips and had to push him back a bit so he would stop.
"Something wrong?" Michael asked in confusion.
I licked my lips at the sight of his exposed torso, and the sight of his abs forming at each time he inhaled made me weak. I returned my gaze to his eyes and tried to focus on what I wanted to say. "I don't want to ruin my new dress," I revealed.
"Babe, you're just teasing now." He tried to reach for me, but I stepped away just in time.
"Plus, you'll ruin the surprise."
A large smile appeared on his face.
"Take a seat," I instructed him. I had to push him to the bed because he wouldn't move, but along the way, I stripped the shirt off of his body so that he was fully exposed. Once he sat down, I quickly took a step away from him knowing that I wouldn't be able to show him what I bought at the store near the spa. It was an embarrassing purchase, but it wasn't my first either. I slowly unzipped my dress along the side, though I held onto it so it wouldn't drop. I saw Michael wanted to just jump me, however, I constantly repeated for him to not move.
"Babe, this is cruel!" He impatiently fidgeted on the spot.
"Just wait!" I tormented him as I slowly wriggled out of the dress and let it drop on the floor. I then picked it up and neatly laid it out on the chair and turned to my impatient lover. He sat there with a slight frown. "You have to be patient." I poked my tongue out.
"I knew it! You're getting back at me!" He shook his head and stood up without another word, and lifted me from the floor and pinned me against the wall. His body pressed against mine as his lips covered mine. My legs were wrapped against his torso and my arms flung over his shoulders. His lips then began to travel down my neck towards my chest, his fingers tried to unhook my bra, but I grasped onto them to stop him again.
He wasn't pleased.
"Don't you want to see my sexier outfit?"
"Babe," He groaned. "I just want you. Right now."
I giggled. "So I made an effort to dress up nicely-"
"-It'll be taken off anyway."
"But I wanted to look sexier-"
"-Babe, stop stalling."
"Ok, ok." I paused. "Though wouldn't a-"
"-Dammit, Anne." Michael grunted. He carried me to the bed and lay me down onto my back, his body on top and positioned right between my legs. A moan slipped out of my lips when I felt the bulge in his pants grind against me, but I quickly covered my mouth as soon as he took notice. He then grabbed my wrists and pinned them above me with one hand, his teeth nipped at certain spots of my neck where he knew would let out a moan, and his other hand travelled south.
"I don't think it's appropriate for a man onto be holding to a woman like- Oh!"
His hand had slithered into my purple laced underwear, and I felt his fingers slither in a teasing manner around the lower region. I couldn't close my legs because his body was in a way, so I was definitely under his control. My body arched as moan after moan slipped out of my lips no matter how much I resisted, and the more I resisted, the more I fell into his touch. My eyes closed as I tried to wriggle out of his grasp.
"Michael- Ah- Ooh- Please, don't- Aah!"
"Now you know how I feel whenever-"
I managed to get out of his hold and grabbed onto his face and gave him a smooch. Our tongues battled inside our mouths while our hands battled with the clothing that kept us from being fully naked. I had to part from him because of the belt of his pants, and he had to do the same when he couldn't figure out where the hook was on the bra.
The feeling of him inside of me made me feel a deeper connection with him - not in that way, although for every thrust he made I just wanted him more.

I couldn't resist him. His taste, his smell, his touch. Just everything about him!
I was hooked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, the frisky business wasn't even that long, but there will be a proper one some time in the future. I can't ruin anything. As Michael said in this chapter, "Be Patient." Don't be like Roxanne!

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you for the comments, recommendations, subscriptions and messages. They all cheer me up every time I come on here, and it even inspires me to write more because I don't like the idea of having someone wait for too long. I'm trying my best for one chapter a day!

xox