Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Eighteen

Jess P.O.V.

Alex was in love with me. My boyfriend’s best friend was in love with me. My old friend was in love with me. The boy who has ignored me for the last three months was in love with me!? This can’t be happening.

I walked over to the couch and was silently thinking over everything I had just learnt. Well I had only learnt one thing but what did that mean. Alex was in love with me. Was I in love with him? No, I love Jack, I used to like Alex. Used to being the key phrase in that sentence but things have changed. I have fallen in love with someone else. Those feelings for Alex are gone, aren’t they?

Finally Alex spoke breaking the deafening silence that had endured. He was pleading with me to say something. What was I meant to say to the boy? I didn’t want to hurt his feelings. I waited a minute repeating my speech in my head before I answered him.

“Alex, I don’t know what to say except... you’re too late... Like months too late. I used to like you, that night at the party I was going to tell you that I liked you but you were with someone else and Jack came up to me and everything happened from there. And now I love Jack. Not you.” I was close to tears by the end. I could see his heart break in two, It was painfull to watch. What was he expecting me to say I love you two?

Alex got up from his position on the opposite couch and moved closer to me. I got nervous, I didn’t know what he was doing. My nerves calmed when he leant in front of me but my heart rate started to pick up pace when his hand rested on my knee. I managed to tear my eyes away from his hands and look at him, but not in the eyes, his pain was too visible.

“I know, I’m sorry but for what it’s worth I think we would have been great together” My heart ached at his prediction because I thought the same thing. Alex and I would have been good together, we understood one another. That’s why I had that crush on him in the first place. We could’ve have been that perfect couple. Wait what am I thinking? Jack and I are that perfect couple. I shouldn’t be thinking about Alex and I because there is no Alex and I and there never will be, not as long as I am with Jack.

I asked Alex to leave. I just didn’t feel comfortable being alone with him at the moment with my new found knowledge of his feelings. I needed time to think before I could talk to him again. When the words came out of my mouth I felt bad. I saw that the simple words hurt Alex.

Alex walked out of the room to collect his bag. I decided to open the door for him and say goodbye. As he walked over to me he apologized again for his feelings even though it wasn't his fault, he couldn't control his feelings.

“I know Alex. I know you wouldn’t intentionally want to hurt... Jack” I was going to say me, but I thought that sounded self indulged. Him liking me didn’t really hurt me. It just complicated my life a little.

His face was inches from mine and the feeling of nervousness returned. I noticed Alex geting closer to me but I couldn’t bring myself to move. His lips centimeters from mine. JESS MOVE! My brain was yelling at me but my body wasn’t listening.

The next thing I knew Alex’s lips were on mine. They were soft and the kiss was filled with lust and need. For a second I returned his kiss until I came back to reality. I quickly pulled away from him, I couldn’t do this to Jack especially not with his best friend.

I averted my eyes to look behind Alex so I wouldn’t be mesmorised by his huge brown eyes but I wish I didn’t.

There he was standing there holding a bouquet of flowers I was sure was meant for me. He looked lost, hurt and confused but not in the slightest bit angry at least not yet. I would have rathered anger.

The bouquet dropped from his hands and he went to walk away.

“JACK WAIT!” I yelled after him. I couldn’t let him leave not after seeing what he did without an explanation. To my surprise he stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to face me.

I could see the tears forming in his eyes but this time he looked angry. Very angry and he had every right to be.

Alex P.O.V.

“JACK WAIT!” I quckly spun around hopping Jess was just playing some sick joke on me. She wasn’t.

I am the worlds largest asshole. When I saw Jack I wanted to cry. He just looked at me his eyes filled with pain and betrail. How could I do that to him? Fuck I needed to fix this.

Jack immediately stopped when Jess yelled out to him. His face was filled with anger but I could see the pain and the tears he was holding back.

“Why? So I can watch you two kiss again?” He hissed at the two of us.

“Jack please no” Jess tried to plead with him.

“What Jess? It’s not what it looks like? Did I just imagine you kissing Alex? Because I know I might have a wild imagination at times but I am pretty sure I just saw my FUCKING girlfriend kiss my FUCKING best friend!” Jack started to yell. I was scared shitless. Jess fell to the ground in a fit of sobbs I wanted to run over to her and hold in my arms but I knew that was the worst thing to do.

Jack seemed to be blaming everything on Jess as if she was the one that kissed me. It wasn’t right I needed to own up and tell him it was me not her.

“Jack Please just listen I-” I tried to explain myself but Jack cut me off the same way he did to Jess.

“You what Alex? Ran out of sluts to hook up with so you chose my girlfriend?” Jack yelled as he began to walk over to where I was standing I few feet behind Jess.

“Was there really no other option? Lisa not available?”

“Jack you know it’s not like that!” I screamed back anger rising inside of me.

“Then what’s it like Alex?” I was silent, I didn’t know what to say.

“That’s what I thought” Jack muttered. “Fuck you!” he yelled in my face. He turned around and began to walk away. We couldn’t leave things like this.

“I LOVE HER!” Fuck. I regretted the words as soon as they left my mouth. I should not have yelled that. Jack stopped dead in his tracks. He turned around and next thing I knew his fist collided with my face.

“You love her? So Lisa wasn’t lying when she told me you two were fukcing? And you still didn’t own up to it? You let me abuse that girl with words when she was telling the fucking truth?" This time he wasn’t yelling, he was just talking and in some ways it made me feel worse.

"That’s low Alex even for you!”

I didn’t know what to say. Everything thing I said seemed to be make things worse.

Jess P.O.V.

I cringed when I heard the sound of Jack’s fist meeting Alex face. I got up from the place that I had collapsed. Why the fuck would Alex say that when Jack was already angry. He is such a fucking idiot.

“You love her? So Lisa wasn’t lying when she told me you two were fukcing? And you still didn’t own up to it? You let me abuse that girl with words when she was telling the fucking truth? That’s low Alex, even for you!”

We weren’t fucking! I wanted to yell but I didn’t. I walked over to Jack and tried to grab his hand but he immediatley pulled it away from me.

“Jess, I can’t” Jack whispered, He had almost completely calmed down from his rage. Now he just looked hurt.

“Jack please you can’t do this!” He couldn’t leave me, I needed him. I couldn’t stop the tears from streaming down my face. Jack just shook his head and walked away to his car. He got in and turned on the ignition. I saw him turn to look back at me. Tears now running down his cheeks.

“Jess! Oh my god come here” I turned around to see Kara walking towards me from her house. I fell into her arms. I just needed to be held.

“Shh, It will be okay” She cooed into my ear but I knew it wouldn’t be. Jack would never forgive me. I closed my eyes and prayed this was all a nightmare before I felt another pair of arms around me. I looked up to see Alex.

“Unless you want another black eye I suggest you let go. Now.” I said my words like venim. He immediatley let go. He looked at me lost, as if he wanted me to tell him what to do.

“Leave Alex. You have caused enough trouble for one day.” I said as I turned around towards my house. Kara close behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
:( poor Jacko
You guys are the best with commenting! Keep em' coming. Also we got to 30 subscribers, thanks so much guys! I also might post another chapter tonight if you're lucky :) xx