Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Twenty

Kara P.O.V.

I was sitting in my bedroom doing attempting to do homework when I heard yelling coming from outside. It sounded like a reality T.V. show was being filmed outside. I tried to ignore it until I heard.

“Jack you know it’s not like that!”

It couldn’t be them. Why would they be fighting outside my house? That’s when I remembered Jess lived next door. I quickly ran to my window and sure enough they were standing outside yelling. It was like a scene from a soap opera. I saw Jess on the ground crying, before I could even think I sprinted down the stairs and headed for the front door. When I got there Jess was standing in front of Jack.

I couldn’t hear what they were saying but when Jack walked away they both looked just as upset as each other. I quickly ran over to her and wrapped her in my arms. I had no idea what had just happened I just knew it was bad, very bad.

Not until Jess had threatened Alex with another black eye had I realised that he was had been hit, badly. The pieces of the puzzel began to form in my head, Jack had found out about Alex’s not so little crush on Jess... but how?

Alex left with his head hung low as I lead Jess back into her house. We walked into her room and she collapsed onto the bed tears streaming down her face. It was heartbreaking. I sat there holding her, telling her everything would be okay and they would work things out even though I wasn’t so sure myself.

She just kept repeating ‘You didn’t see his face’, ‘I need him’ and the occasional ‘I hate Alex’.

I started to cry as well. What can I say I’m a girl. I thought about what it would be like to lose Rian and I couldn’t stop the tears from falling. After an hour of sitting with Jess she finally stopped the tears long enough to tell me what had happened.

By the end of the story I was ready to kill Alex.

How could he be so stupid to kiss her? And outside! In public! What is wrong with that boy?! I told Jess that everything would be okay and I would explain everything to Jack but she wouldn’t believe me. She had no hope.

It was 8:30 when we went downstairs. Her parents still weren't home from work and the house was empty.

“Jess why don’t you sleepover at mine tonight? We can eat ice cream, watch movies and-“

“Kara stop. You don’t have to baby me.” Jess said not letting me finish my sentence. I had never seen Jess upset before and it was weird to say the least.

“Jess I’m not, I just want to make you feel better and I don’t want you to be alone and do-“ I didn't get to finish my sentence before Jess went off at me and began yelling.

“DO WHAT KARA? Hurt myself? Just because a fucking boy broke mt heart think I am going to try and what? Kill myself?”

“No!” Yes. I hadn’t thought about it at first but when I saw Jess lying on her bed looking so helpless and sad it reminded me of the story she told me a while ago. It terrified me to even think she had done it before but to think she would do it again. I couldn’t let that happen.

It was silent between us again before Jess burst into tears again. She sobbed chocking on her words.

“I’m so sorry Kara. I’m just upset and I want Jack so badly” She fell into my arms like a helpless child. I pulled her into a tight hug and let go when she calmed down ten minutes later.

‘Alright you are sleeping over at mine tonight no ifs or buts! got it?” Jess just nodded but she didn’t smile, I didn’t think I would be seeing that for a while.

Jess went up stairs to get her things and I went back home to inform my parents of the plans.

I walked into my house and found my mum sitting on the couch watching TV. As soon as I stepped foot into the room she turned her attention to me.

“Jess and Jack broke up and she is really upset so is it okay if she sleeps here tonight? I asked with a cute smile hoping she would say yes.

“Aw poor thing! Of course she can, I’ll order pizza!” She said getting up to find the phone “Also your phone has been ringing non stop since you left.” Mum yelled after me as I raced up the stairs.

I immediately went to my phone and she was right.

31 missed calls.

17 new text messages.

18 new voice mails.

What the fuck?

I skimmed through the text messages they were all from either Rian or Alex. Alex saying he has fucked up big time and needs my advice and Rian needing advice and asking if I was dead. Oh lord these boys are hopeless.

I assumed that the voice mails and missed calls were from them as well so to make it easier I decided to call Rian. He picked up almost straight away.

“Kara! Oh my god I thought you were dead!” I giggled at his exaggeration.

“I’m alive! Now what was so important that I had 1000 missed calls?” I asked still giggling.

“Oh right well it doesn’t really matter now but it would have been great if you answered your phone before because Alex and I kind of um” He trailed off sounding guilty.

“Robert Rian Dawson what the fuck did you do?” I said seriously, by the tone of his voice I knew it would be bad.

“It’s not my fault! Alex told me it was a good idea! And you didn’t answer so I had no choice!”

“Jesus Rian what did you do?!” I said almost yelling.

“Well see Alex called me and told me what happened and he was upset and crying.”

“I WAS NOT!” I heard Alex yell.

“He was too!” God they sounded like three year old’s.

“Rian! Go on!”

“Oh right, anyway he really wanted to talk to Jack and sort things out so he told me to call Jack and tell him to come over”

“Oh no! Rian tell me you did not call Jack and tell him to come over and talk!”

“It gets worse. I sorta didn’t tell Jack Alex was here. I told him it was just Zack and I” I wanted to punch them all in the face. “And he came over and went to the basement sat down started pouring his heart out and didn’t realise Alex was right there. That’s it! I said it!” Rian said so fast it was barely audible

“RIAN! I can’t believe you! Do you know what you did? Now Jack won’t trust any of us! And I bet him and Alex just yelled at each other!” I yelled.

“No worse. Jack said he never wanted to see Alex again. Alex has been crying for the last like hour.”

“Fuck. I am so angry at all of you right now! I am going to call Jack and see how he is and if he doesn’t answer my call I will murder you all!”

“Love yo-” I hung up the phone before he could finish his sentence. I was not in the mood right now.

I wanted to punch something I was so angry! I can’t believe they thought that was a good idea. They should have given Jack time to cool off and think not surprise him with another confrontation. I felt bad for Jack. He had to witness his best friend kiss his girlfriend as well as having all of his best friends trick him into some stupid plan. Now he wouldn’t want to talk to any of us. The poor baby.

I dialed Jack’s number expecting no answer and that’s what I got. So I called him a second time and just before it was about the ring out he picked up.

“Kara I really don’t want to talk.” His voice was raspy and weak, he had definitely been crying.

“I know Jack but please just listen to me for a second?” He didn’t reply but I knew he was nodding his head on the other side of the receiver.

“Okay. What Alex did was horrible and what Rian did was even worse but you have to understand that they both think of you like a brother and they care about you more than anything especially Alex.” It was quite for a minute

“Then why did he do it?” Jack said in almost a whisper. I could hear him begin to cry but I didn’t say anything. I tear rolled down my cheek, Jack sounded more distraught than Jess.

“He’s an idiot and didn’t think it through, You know what he’s like. He thinks with his dick not his head. Jack I know your upset and I think you just need sometime to cool off and you’ll see.”

“But he… and… Alright. Thanks Kar.” Jack managed to say. It felt like he was already giving up.

“It will be okay don’t worry about it. Everything will get better, I promise” I said attempting to give him hope.

“Bye.” was the last thing he said before the line went dead.

I sat on my bed thinking through the events of this afternoon. Our little friendship group had been completely torn apart in the space of a couple of hours. Jack hated everyone except me. Jess hated Alex. I was angry at everyone but Jack and Jess. I’m sure Rian and Zack are angry at Alex. Alex is probably angry at Alex.

I just don’t know how I am going to fix this one.

Jess P.O.V.

When I heard my front door shut I immediately ran to the bathroom. I know I told Kara I wouldn’t but I needed to, It was the only thing that could take away the pain.

At first, the thought didn’t even occur to me because it had been so long since I had felt that type of relief but when I was curled up in a ball on my bed it was the only thing I could think to do.

I entered the bathroom and caught my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were red and puffy from all the crying, I looked pale as if the life had been taken from my body. He had only been gone a couple of hours and I looked like death.

The tears came back just thinking about him. I lent against the wall and slid down it sitting in a clump on the floor, tears still streaming from my eyes. That’s when I knew it was my last option. I crawled over to the draw where I had kept one razor in case of an emergency such as this.

I slowly pulled open the draw and looked for the tool that would be able to take this pain away but it wasn’t there. I checked every draw pulling everything out before I remembered.

I had thrown them out on Jack and I’s one month anniversary. I knew that as long as he was there I wouldn’t need it. He managed to make me feel like there was no point in keeping them, he would always be there to take away my pain. It only made me cry more. I had lost the one person that saved me without even trying.

I heard my phone begin to ring in my room I was going to ignore it but a part of me hoped it would be Jack. With that thought I ran into my room only to find out it was only Kara.

“Hello?” I said weakly

“Jess Where are you? Have you been crying again? You know what? I’ll come over and pick you up now. Okay I’ll be there in a sec” Before I could even answer she had hung up.

I was lucky to have someone like Kara even if I didn’t appreciate her protective nature at the moment I was still lucky to have someone that cared for me so much.

Before I could even move from my position on the bed Kara was there looking at me with pity. She grabbed a bag from the back of my door and went to my closet putting some clothes in the bag. She grabbed my hand and I smiled weakly at her. She was trying so hard to help but at the moment the only thing that could help was Jack… or a blade.
♠ ♠ ♠
So now you know a little bit more about Jess' mystery past :o
Tell me what you think and remember to subscribe and recommend xx