Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Twenty-One

Jess P.O.V.

I woke up with a clump of hair in my face, it made me giggle as I rolled Kara away from me. I sat up and checked my phone expecting the usual 'good morning beautiful' text from Jack. When my inbox was empty I remembered the events that took place yesterday.

Kissing Alex.

Losing Jack.

Crying myself to sleep.

I felt like I was hungover from the headache I was experiencing. I sat in Kara’s bed for another few minutes before getting up. I didn't changing into a t-shirt and shorts, I was only going next door. I was tempted to wake Kara up to tell her I was leaving but I felt bad. I had probably kept her up the whole night with my whimpers.

I went downstairs and said Hi to Kara’s parents. They offered me breakfast but I told them I had to get home. I lied, I just didn’t feel like being around people at the moment.

When I walked in the front door it was silent everyone was probably still asleep seeming as it was Saturday. I walked upstairs and into my bedroom. I crawled into bed and went back to sleep. As long as I was sleeping I wouldn’t be able to do anything stupid.

Jack P.O.V.

I woke up late on Saturday afternoon and quickly picked up my phone to text Jess saying my usual ‘good morning beautiful’. I stopped myself halfway through the text remembering why I had the world’s worst headache.

Last night I ended up drinking away my sorrows, alone in the basement. Pathetic I know. When I woke up I felt dirty and gross, like I was the one who cheated. I quickly shook the thought from my head.

I had spent the whole night just trying to forget everything, I didn’t want to think about Alex or Jess. I was sick of thinking about the what if's and I still didn’t know what to do. All I knew was that I wasn’t ready to see or talk to either of them for a very long time.

I went upstairs and made myself some breakfast, if you could call it that. I walked past my mother who gave me a disappointed look because I had woken up so late. I looked at the clock, it read 4:30. Fuck I really did sleep in.

“Are you going out tonight?” She asked me as she began to tidy up the kitchen a bit.

“Umm, No I don’t think so.”

“Oh, You’re not taking Jess out?” I cringed at her sentence.

“No.”

“Well why not?”

“Jess and I aren’t together anymore.” I whispered.

“WHAT? Why? She was such a nice girl!” She was generally shocked. She knew how much I liked her and in the three months we had dated Jess became like a second daughter to my mum. They would sit upstairs and drink tea whilst me and guys hung out downstairs. It was sweet but that was over now. Thinking about it almost cause a tear to escape my eye. I think my mum noticed so she changed the subject only to something worse.

“Well why don’t you invite Alex over? Have a classic movie night like you did when you were little! That should cheer you up!” I sighed. How was I meant to tell her that Alex and I weren’t exactly friends anymore.

“Nah, Don’t worry I’ll go out instead. Plus Alex and I aren’t really that close anymore.” It almost hurt to say out loud. Even though I did tell him yesterday, It was different when I had no rage and my words actually meant something.

Mum Just gave me a puzzled look and laughed it off as if I was joking. I rolled my eyes and walked upstairs to my room dialing someones number I thought I never would.

“Jack?”

“Hey Lisa”

“What do you want?” She was obviously still pissed at what I had said to her.

“I just wanted to say sorry for yelling at you a while ago. It was wrong of me and I should have believed you. I feel really bad for doing it now, and yeah I’m sorry.”

“What? Why are you apologizing?”

“Because you were right about everything and I was too dumb and naive to even think they could do that but I know now not everyone is who they seem”

“Wait What? Alex and Jess actually hooked up?”

“You’re the one that told me that?” Now I was confused.

“Right well I lied about that bit but Alex did love Jess.” Of course she did.

“Well you didn’t lie I caught them so yeah I’m sorry and also What is everyone doing tonight?”

Lisa told me that some people were going to some party at some chicks house that goes to another school that I had never even heard of. Oh well. I needed to get my mind of things so I told her I’d be there.

I could hear by the tone of Lisa’s voice she thought I wanted to get with her but to be honest I wasn’t going to stoop down to Alex’s level. I was better than that. I was going to this party to have fun and get wasted. Not to hook up with Lisa or anyone else for that matter. I was still in love with Jess but maybe I did need a rebound.

Later That Night.

Alex P.O.V.

It was like 1am when my phone went off. I was about to fall asleep when it started ringing loudly. I got up and searched my room looking for it. It ended up being under my bed. I checked the caller ID to see who the fuck would be calling me at 1am but I didn’t recognize the number.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Is this Alex?”

“Yeah, who’s this?”

“It’s Dan from your maths class.”

“Oh right. So why are you calling me at 1 in the morning?” He was clearly drunk but I still didn’t understand why He would be calling me? I have never said more than 5 words to they guy.

“Well your friend Jack is here and he is like passed out and I didn’t know who to call but you.”

“Fuck. Where are you?” This was my fault, Jack most likely got wasted on purpose to attempt to forget everything. Dan told me the address of the party and I quickly got changed and snuck out of the house to pick Jack up.

I knew he wouldn’t be happy to see me but I wasn’t going to leave him there.

It only took my 15 minutes to get to the house. The party was still in full swing and the music was ridiculously loud. I was surprised the police hadn’t shut it down yet.

I walked inside and looked around for people I knew but I didn’t recognize anyone, this wasn’t our usual party people. I soon realized no one in this house even went to my school. I walked into one of the rooms to see an all to familiar looking girl.

I couldn’t see her face because it was attached to someone else’s face but I could tell by the hair colour that it was her. Surprisingly seeing her kiss someone else didn’t even make me jealous.

I walked over to her and tapped her shoulder. She didn’t even attempt to pull away from him . I tapped her shoulder again, a little harder and called her name. She immediately froze at the sound of my voice and pulled away from the guy.

Found Jack.

Looks like someone had come back from his coma long enough to hook up with Lisa. For some reason I still didn’t really care. I guess it’s because I didn’t love Lisa anymore and I owed Jack so much but it still surprised me that I didn’t even feel the slightest bit of jealousy.

“Hey Aleeeeeex!” Jack yelled in my face. Like he always did when he was drunk. “Wait I still hate you! Fuck you!” This was going to be a long night.

“Jack please come with me, I’m sorry for what I did but I need to get you home or to a hospital.”

Lisa stood up from Jacks lap and smirked as if she accomplished something. “Sorry Lex.” She whispered as she began to walk away.

“For what?” I asked not amused by her tone of voice as if she found Jack and I’s fighting a game.

She turned to face me. “For hooking up with your best friend. It must hurt.”

“Oh right. Well don’t be cause to be honest it really doesn’t see because I don’t love you anymore. If anyone, you should be apologizing to Jack for getting lipstick on his tongue.” I said smiling at her. I was about to go on saying she should say sorry to Jess but I didn’t want to put idea’s into her head.

She huffed and stormed away. I had humiliated her but everyone at this party was probably too drunk to be able to remember it tomorrow.

I picked Jack up from the lounge and threw his arm over me shoulder helping him walk out of the party. He was in really bad shape. I think this is the worst I had ever seen him and it made me feel guilty.

Once we got out the front door Jack threw himself away from me and ended up on the grass. He was not going to make this easy.

“Jack please just let me help you.”

“No! I don’t need your help!”

He attempted to stand but it took him three goes just to get on his feet. He began to shakily walk in the opposite direction of his house. He managed to walk a couple of meters before falling on his ass once again.

I walked over to him and picked him up again, I walked him to the car and tried to get him to sit in it but he refused to let me give him a lift.

“Jack please just get in the fucking car!” I snapped he was acting like a four year old.

“NO! I don’t want to be in a fucking car with you!”

“If you don’t get in the car right now I will stay with you for the rest of the night! I am not leaving you here”

He sighed and finally stopped resisting my help. He sat in the car folding his arms over his chest in a childish manner. I walked around to the other side and got in the drivers seat.

“Why are you doing this?” He spat.

“Because I fucking care about you, I’m not going to let you die!”

“Then why did you kiss Jess?” This time he voice was so quiet it was bearly a whisper.

“Jack we can’t talk about this when you’re not sober but I am sorry.”

Jack was silent for the rest of the trip. I heard him sniffle once or twice and when I looked over at him he had tears rolling down his face. I had hurt him so much. I was such a fucking prick. I had basically ruined my best friend’s life and picking him up after a night of drinking wasn’t going to make up for that.

When I pulled up in front of Jack’s house I turned to look at him. His eyes were closed and I could hear his soft snores. His face was scrunched up and looked sad. He even looked hurt in his sleep. I couldn’t get Jack into his bed without his mum waking up. I decided to take Jack to mine. He could sleep there for the night even though he wouldn’t be happy in the morning, it was the only option.

When we got there I nudged Jack to wake him up but he wouldn’t move. I was terrified he had passed out again so I shook him violently till he finally opened his eyes.

“No Alex! Jack sleepy.” I rolled my eyes but at least he was conscious.

I once again threw his arm over my shoulder and dragged him through the back door and up the stairs to my room. I put Jack in my bed. He was going to have a killer headache tomorrow he deserved a comfortable sleep. I rolled him on his side in case he chocked on his own puke. I sat there for at least two hours watching him, making sure he didn’t die.

I ended up falling asleep on the ground.
♠ ♠ ♠
AHHHHH this story has over 40 subscribers ! Thank you guys so much!!! Also just a heads up, updates will be not so often anymore as I am back at school although I am going to try really hard this time to keep them regular. I promise there will be one at least once a week but remember the more comments the more likely I am to update ;) x