Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Twenty-Three

Three week later

School always used to be shitty for me. I don’t know I was just that kid that always hated school, the work, the people and especially the teachers. That was until I move to Baltimore. Since I moved here I actually looked forward to going to school everyday but not anymore.

Since everything that happened I was back to hating school maybe even more than I did before. It was horrible, everyday I woke up and dreaded walking through the crowded hallways getting dirty looks from everyone.

They all blamed me for Jack and Alex’s ‘break up’. Everyone had found out about our little love triangle, the first day back in first period. Thanks to Alex and Jack’s public cat fight.

Monday Period One Three Weeks Ago.

Jack walked into the maths classroom just after me and just before the teacher. I gave him a small smile but he didn’t return it. He just sat in his seat and buried his head in the desk.

Alex walked in late as usual. I avoided eye contact with him as he walked across the room and sat next to Jack. It made me smile a little, I was happy they could still get along.

Jack whispered something to Alex which caused him to look shocked. They continued to whisper in hush tones that slowly got louder and louder. I wanted so desperately to hear what they were saying. The teacher noticed the pair and asked what was going on.

“Nothing.” Alex said looking away from the teacher.
“Can I move seats? I’d rather not sit next to Alex.” The whole class including the teacher looked shocked. At the start of the term they had begged to sit next to one another even though they would be separated every lesson anyway.

Before the teacher could answer Alex stood up in a huff.
“Are you fucking kidding me?!” He screamed getting everyone’s attention
“Alexander language!” The teacher yelled but Alex ignored her.
“You not even going to sit next to me in class?”
“I told you I don’t want anything to do with you!” Jack yelled back. The whole class including me was starring at them intently.
“I said I was sorry!” Alex yelled he looked so angry but behind his eyes you could see the pain and hurt.
“You fucked my girlfriend! It’s going to take a little more than a sorry to be forgiven!” Everyone’s head quickly spun around to face me. I hide my face in my hands to hide the deep blush caused by embarrassment, even though I had never slept with Alex. Before Alex could retaliate they were both sent to the principals office. For the rest of the class everyone gave me dirty and disapproving looks. I wanted to scream and tell everyone that I didn’t sleep with Alex but I couldn’t I didn’t have the guts.

Present.

And that wasn’t even the worst thing to happen on that lovely Monday. It just got worse from there. By lunch time everyone had their own story of why Jack hated Alex and I. They were so far from the truth they were almost funny but in every story I was made out to be a whore. I was always the one that came onto Alex which was the opposite of what happened.

Lunch was awkward. We all arrived at the table at the same time. Everyone looking at one another for answers. It was pretty obvious Jack didn’t want Alex or I to be there.

Lunch

I stood next to Kara waiting for someone to tell me what to do or where to go. When that didn’t happened I decided to take the lead.
“You know what? I’m just going to go sit somewhere else today.” I said turning around.
“Wait” Kara said taking my hand, stopping me from leaving. “Can’t we all just sit together?.” Everyone was silent and looked to Jack. He was in control of this situation.
“Yeah maybe Jess and Alex can tell us how many times they fucked last night.” Jack said in a preppy teenage girl voice sitting down with a smug smile on his face that I was so tempted to slap off.
“Grow up jack!” Kara said glaring a him. Alex looked like he was about to jump across the table and hit him.
“I told you, I haven’t fucked her.” Alex said slowly with annoyance dripping off every syllable.
“Yeah but you want to!”
“So does every guy in our year! You can’t be angry at me for being a man!” Alex said getting louder.
“But every guy in the year isn’t my best friend! Every guy in the year wants to fuck Kara, that doesn’t mean I have!”
“We’re right here!” Kara said reminding the boys of our presence.
“Oh I didn’t recognize Jess with her tongue not in Alex’s mouth.” Jack said glaring at me.
“JACK!” Kara yelled making the other half of the cafeteria that wasn’t already watching us look.
“It’s aright I got this” I said to Kara. It was time to put Jack back in his place. What Alex and I did was shitty but neither of us deserved to be treated like this. I walked over to Jack and grabbed him by the ear puling him out of his seat.

“Ow! Alex may like it rough but you know I’m not like that. Don’t you remember baby?” Jack said looking down at me. How could someone that apparently 'loved' me act like such a fucking dick. I slapped Jack across the face making a loud noise as the tears started to well up in my eyes. “Fuck you Jack! I didn’t even fuck Alex and you know that! but now I wish I had just so your classy jokes could actually make sense!”

I quickly turned around and walked out of the cafeteria. I didn’t want Jack to see me cry, not now. I didn’t turn back but I could hear two sets of footsteps behind me.

“Jess wait!” Someone called as I ran away from the cafeteria. I was heading to the bathrooms to hide away from everyone. I know I was being a coward but I didn’t deserve to be treated like this! I know kissing Alex was wrong but It was no on else’s business but Jack, Alex and I. I ignored the voice and kept running. I wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone.

“Jess please!” I stopped dead in my tracked when I heard that voice. I was frozen.
“Jack, I can’t talk to you right now.” I said, not daring turning around. I didn’t want to face him.
“Jess please. Just let me talk to you.”
“Jack she said not now.” That was definitely Kara getting all protective over me.
“Please.” He sounded so desperate, I still hadn’t spoken to him since it all happened. I tried to call him once but he didn’t answer so I decided to give him time and space.

“It’s fine, Kara I can take it from here.” I said thanking her with a small smile. She reluctantly walked off, back towards the cafeteria.
“Alright talk. Oh wait do you want me to get the rest of the school so you can have another audience?” I would have been groveling at his feet, begging for him to take me back but not after the way he treated me back there. Jack looked at the ground looking guilty and so he should the way he publicly humiliated me, more than once today.

“I’m sorry, I was out of line with what I was saying back there. I was just angry.” He said not taking his eyes off the floor.
“Jack you’re the one that wanted to talk, the least you can do is look at me.” Jack slowly lifted his head but still wouldn’t look me in the eyes.
“I can’t, If I do I know I won’t be able to control myself” I smiled and wiped away my tears. I took a step or two closer to him and grabbed his hand, playing with his soft fingers. He finally looked up and into my eyes. We shared an intense stare. Before I could say anything he crashed out lips together, The kiss was heated and lustful.

I tried to poor everything I had into that kiss but Jack pulled away too quickly, I guess he wasn’t lying when he said he couldn’t control himself. “I can’t, I can’t do this.” He muttered as he stepped back and grabbed his head in his hands. Tears started to build up in my eyes again.

“But you said you loved me” I whispered.
“I do! I love you so fucking much.” Jack said, I could see the tears threatening to fall form his eyes. “But I can’t do this. At least not now.” We were both quite for a moment.
“So what does that mean?” I asked my voice shaky from crying.
“It means, I think we should go on a break, Just for a while” Jack said wiping the tears from his eyes. I shook my head. “No, You can either have me now or never. You can’t just put me on your shelf and play with me when you want to. I’m not a game you can just pause.” I said trying to hold back tears but failed miserably.
“So what are you saying? It’s over?” Jack said looking up from the floor and straight into my eyes.
“I don’t want it to be.” I said. Never in a thousand years did I think I would be breaking up with Jack.
“Neither.” Jack said, silence fell over us once again before Jack said what we were both thinking. “But I don’t see any other option.” He said looking at me sadly, I couldn’t stop the sob escape my throat. Jack pulled me into a tight hug.

“I love you” He whispered.
“I love you too” I said holding on to him tighter.
“Promise me you won’t hate Alex forever?” I said into his chest after a minute of silence. I felt Jacks body tense at the sound of his name.

“Why? He’s the reason I’m losing the best thing that has ever happened to me.” he said loosening his grip on me so he could see my face.
“Just don’t. You two need each other.” I said burying my head in his chest taking in his scent for the last time.

The bell went signally that everyone would be crowding the corridors in a matter of seconds and our last moment together would be over. “Bye Jack” I said as I got out of his tight grip and walked away. “Wait!” Jack said grabbing my hand and spinning me around.

“One more” he said as a tear rolled down my cheek. Before I could say anything he attached his lips to mine in a sweet kiss filled with too many emotions. It lasted longer than I expected. When we pulled apart everyone was watching us wanting to know what was going to happen next. “Bye Jess.” Jack said as he turned and walked away. I watched him for a second before turning and heading to my locker.

Present

That was definitely the worst part of the day. Loosing the only boy I had ever loved. The rest of the week was shit. Jack and I avoided each other most of the time. It was too painful to be around each other and not be able to hold or touch one another.

At lunch I sat with a different group of people, They weren’t as fun as the others but they were nice at least. Sometimes Kara and I sat together alone but I didn’t like taking her away from Rian all the time.

Jack and Alex were still on bad terms. Jack still wouldn’t forgive him. To be honest if I was Jack I would probably still be mad at Alex, he did kiss his girlfriend.

Alex tried to talk to me everyday and see how I was. Everyday I spoke to him a little more. I guess he was growing on me again. We did use to be like best friends but whenever Jack saw us talking he looked jealous and a little upset which always made me feel guilty. Than again Alex was my friend, I couldn’t ignore him because my ex-boyfriend didn’t like him.
♠ ♠ ♠
New Chapter!!!!!!!! I got back from camp and decided to post one :)
Tell me what you think! Comment, Subscribe and Recommend!! xxx