Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Twenty-Nine

Jack P.O.V.

I sat in the car waiting for Jess to come home when Mum called me to ask where I was. I lied and said I was at Zack’s, I didn’t think she'd approve of me sitting in a car outside my ex-girlfriend's house. She asked me to come home and I told her I’d be there in an hour.

I had been sitting in my car for two hours already, Just listening to Dude Ranch on repeat and thinking. I was going to sit here and wait for one more hour. If she wasn’t home by then maybe I should take it as a sign.

A sign that maybe Jess and I really weren’t meant to be together and breaking up was the right thing to do…

My best friend was in love with her, maybe neither of us should have her but then that would just leave three heartbroken people.

I decided that if she wasn’t back within the hour then I would take it as a sign. A sign that meant Jess and I weren’t meant for each other.

Unfortunately that hour seemed like a minute and Jess still hadn’t come home. I started the car and drove in the direction of home, allowing a few stray tears to escape. The feeling in the pit of my stomach told me that letting her go would be my biggest regret.

Alex P.O.V.

The sun had completely disappeared only leaving the moon to be visible. Jess had fallen asleep in my arms and without hesitation I lifted her up and carried her to the car. She bearly stirred in her sleep as we walked, she must have been tired.

As I pulled up to Jess’ house I noticed a familiar car drive off in the other direction, but I didn’t think anything of it.

I gently shook Jess’s shoulder trying to pull her out of her deep sleep.

“Jess, Wake up, you’re home.” She still didn’t move. I decided to be daring and placed a light kiss on her lips which quickly woke her up.

She looked shocked for a second but her face quickly softened into a smile as she brought her lips back to mine in a more passionate and needy kiss. I slowly traced my tongue along her bottom lip begging for entry which she quickly granted me.

Our kiss turned into something more as I skilfully dragged Jess onto my lap and she straddled my waist.

“Maybe we should take this inside?” I whispered in her ear as she left a mark on my neck, my hormones getting the best of me. She looked at me, contemplating her options before she nodded her head.

“But not my house my parents are home” She said moving herself from my lap so I could start the car and drive back to mine, luckily my parents were out of town again.

Jack P.O.V.

The next morning I was woken up by the high pitched cries of my sister wanting me to wake up.

“Jack I have food!” She yelled pulling the covers of my bed off me.

“Ali!” I yelled in annoyance. “What do you want?!” This whole scene felt so familiar. Then I remembered the morning after that party when I begged Ali for advice about Jess, just this time Ali was begging me.

“I was bored and mother said I should talk to you. Apparently you and Alex aren’t friends anymore?” She gave me a questioning look. I just nodded my head siting up making room for her to sit down.

“So you didn’t think to inform your big sister that you aren’t friends with your best friend anymore? God ever since Jess came into your life you don’t need me anymore!” She said in a mock anger tone.

“Yeah about that…” I said trailing off.

“Jack please don’t tell me you broke that girls heart! I actually liked that one!” I shook my head once again before going into the full story, I told her everything that had happened up until last night.

“Well fuck. Why didn’t you tell me any of this?” She said pulling me into a hug.

“Because I’m not a girl and you were busy with college stuff.” She laughed and sat back down on the end of the bed not saying anything.

“Well aren’t you going to tell me what to do?” She laughed but then turned serious and thought for a moment.

“Well what Alex did was really shitty but he’s a teenage boy, he’s going to do stupid things. I know you love Alex like brother and I know that you ignoring him is just as painful for you as it is him. And you are in a band together so you’re going to have to kiss and make up sooner or later and my pick would be sooner.”

Wow. How did she know all this? I never even thought about how ignoring Alex was effecting me and I never really thought how it would be effecting Rian and Zack. Me and Alex not being friends effects a lot more people than I thought.

“What about Jess?” She just rolled her eyes and stood up.
“Do you love her?” I didn’t even need to think about it before saying yes.

“Then there’s your answer.”

Jess P.O.V.

I woke up to a strong pair of arms wrapped around me. It took me a second to realise where I was before I remembered everything that happened last night. I felt guilty for a second before realising there was nothing to feel guilty about.

I slept with Alex because I liked him and it was what I wanted at the time but I still couldn’t get the thought of Jack out of my head. Before I could dwell on the thought any longer I felt Alex begin to stir next to me.

I turned in his arms only to have a kiss planted on my cheek. “Morning beautiful.”

“Morning” I placed my head on his chest as I cuddled closer to him. It felt nice being in someones arms again. We stayed like that in a comfortable silence until my phone ringing ruined it.

I got out of bed, taking the blanket with much protest from Alex. I wrapped it around my naked body whilst I looked for my pants.

“Check the stairs” Alex said with a smirk on his lips. I hid my face trying to hide the blush as I walked out of the room and sure enough there were my pants on the top of the stairs. By the time I found them my phone had stopped ringing but as soon as I picked it up the ringing began again.

“Hello?” I said hurriedly before checking the caller ID.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who do you think is on the phone?????
Also who do you like better Alex and Jess or Jess and Jack?
Tell me what you think, comments are appreciated and requested! Subscribe and recommend as well!
I love everyone that comments you are all so great! Thank you so much
xxxx