Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Three

Jess P.O.V

As soon as Alex finished writing back to me the bell went and he scrunched up the piece of paper before I could read it. He quickly packed up his books and ran out of the classroom without a simple good bye or nice meeting you. What a nice guy I thought to myself as I slowly started walking to my next class. Music. Ugh.

Don’t get me wrong I love listening to music, it’s my favorite thing to do, I just hate the class. Last year in music all I did was play the xylophone and I was lucky if I got to play the big one that allowed me to sit on the chair. It sucked. The only good thing about that class was that Mia, my best friend, or rather ex-best friend was in it.

I got lost in my thoughts as well as the corridors when Jack came running behind me.

“Hey” He casually said as if we had been friends for years.

“Hey?’ I said giving him a questioning look.

“You’re Jess right?”

“Yeah”

“I’m Jack” He said proudly.

“Well hello there Jack.” He nodded his head with a goofy smile on his face. We kept walking together not really talking, but it was surprisingly comfortable. He just kept saying Hi to everyone he passed in the hallway… someone was popular. As we kept walking I also noticed some of the dirty looks girls were giving me. Why? It was my first day and only second period, what could I have possibly done to deserve hate already?

I took out my timetable to see where I was walking to when Jack snatched it from me.

“HEY!” I protested trying to grab the paper back, he just raised his hand.

“YAAAY! We have music together!” He smiled and hugged me. It was unexpected but nice.

“I hate music.” I said bluntly.

Jacks jaw dropped as if I said I was planning a terrorist attack or something?

“You cannot hate music!” He screeched loudly.

“Oh yes I can, and I do!” I rebutted

“Not after you've had a lesson with me!” He said with a cheeky smile.

Alex P.O.V

The bell rang and I sprinted out of the classroom scrunching the note up in my hand. What was I thinking about to tell a stranger my deepest thoughts about Lisa? There was something about that girl that made me instantly trust her, which wasn’t necessarily a good thing. It freaked me out a little. It took six months for me to trust Jack with anything. What can I say? I am a private person.

Fuck. I left without even saying goodbye. Dickish move Alex. I thought as I walked through the corridors.

Oh well. I’ll see her tomorrow anyway.

I slowly walked to my next class and after what felt like an eternity the bell rang telling me it was lunch time. I raced to my locker and put my books away in record time hoping to avoid Lisa which of course, with my luck I didn’t.

“Lexi” Her devilish voice called out to me.

“Don’t call me that Lisa.” She looked hurt at my comment but I didn’t care, she has hurt me a lot worse over the past year.

“Lexi” She repeated whining. “I said I was sorry.” She said pouting, something she thought I couldn’t resist but trust me I could. I just stood there looking at her. She seemed so pathetic.

She moved closer to me and put her hand on my chest leaning forward to place a kiss on my lips. I moved my face just in time.

“Lisa. I’m done. We are finished. Completo. Dunzo. Over. Do you understand?” I know it was harsh but I was sick of the breaking up and getting back together in seconds. This time I was done, for good she needed to get the message.

“But Lex we have so much history together.” But of course she just wouldn’t take no for an answer.

“Yes, history, in the past like our relationship. Now why don’t you go and invite my best friend to your house again and attempt to sleep with him to get revenge? Oh wait you already tried that.” I spat with anger.

“Alexander. You are such a dick. I never want to see you again!” She screamed.

“Finally someone got the message!” That got me a slap across the face that burned and was definitely going to leave a hand print, but it was worth it.

Lisa stormed off into the Cafeteria making her way through the crowd of people that stopped to watch.

“Alright move along shows over!” I heard Jack yell making his way towards me with Jess behind him.

Jess P.O.V

Jack was right music was fucking amazing. Jack spent the whole lesson teaching me how to play What went wrong? By Blink 182 on the guitar. He was really good at playing I was actually really surprised. As well as being a pro at guitar, Jack was also hilarious. I didn’t stop laughing the whole class that my stomach hurt by the end of it.

After class Jack walked me to my locker, turns out we are right next to each other, which is good because we have most of our classes together. We put our books away and I looked around for Kara but she wasn’t there so I just kinda followed Jack.

We walked up to a crowd of people and heard yelling.

“Of fucking course” Jack mumbled under his breath not meaning for me to hear.

“Alexander. You are such a dick. I never want to see you again!” someone screamed.

My immediate thought was Alex and Lisa were in another fight.

“Finally someone got the message!” Yep that was definitely Alex’s voice and then I heard a slap but didn’t see anything.

“Alright move along shows over!” Jacked yelled shooing people away in a comical manner.

Jack High fived Alex and the three of us began to walk towards what I am guessing is the cafeteria.

“Hey Jess” Alex said with a cute smile but I wasn’t having any of it, not after he just left me.

“Hey Dick” Jack giggled and Alex opened his mouth wide with a mock shocked expression.

“What? Since when was I a dick?” I was tempted to say something about what Lisa had said but I didn’t want to put salt and fresh wounds.

“Well for starters you left without saying goodbye” I said with so much sas Jack laughed.

“I’m sorry for leaving without saying goodbye, I had shit to do.”

“Whatever I don’t really care.” I was only playing with him but it was hilarious how serious he was taking it.

“I promise it won’t happen again!” he pleaded with me.

“Alright, You’re forgiven.” He smiled and pulled me into a side hug.

We walked into the large room and a scanned through it looking for Kara.

“Who are you looking for?” Jack asked stepping in front of me blocking my view of the room.

“Someone.” I said trying to look past him.

“No! You’re sitting with us!” Jack said pulling my arm.

“Jack no I have to find my friend.”

“Found him!” Alex yelled pointing to himself. I laughed and let Jack drag me along.

After making our journey all the way to the back we sat down at what I was guessing was their table. Jack made me stand up.

“Hello everyone.” He announced to the table of about ten people. He was holding me up as I tried to sit back down. He embarrasing the shit out of me.

“Jack leave the poor girl alone.” Alex said

“Yes, Please do.” I agreed

“No! Everyone, This is Jess. She is from Australia and the newest member of our group.

Everyone just gave jack a weird look including myself.

“Jess this is Alex, Zack, Rian, Lisa” wait why was Lisa here? I thought to myself “Matt, Eleanor, Katie, Matt W, Cas and…” Jack stopped and looked around. “Where’s Kara?”

“Kara?” I asked

“Yeah Rians girlfriend.”

“JESS! OMG! I have been looking everywhere for you. Fucking trust Jack Barakat to be attacking the new girl.”

“I was not attacking!” Jack protested and everyone just rolled their eyes at him as he slowly sat back down in his chair.