Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Four

Jess P.O.V.

The past two weeks have been the best weeks of my whole entire life. I don’t think I have ever laughed so hard in my existence, I have really never been this happy. For the first time ever I was enjoying school.

Everyday Kara and I would walk to school together sometimes getting a lift from Rian or someone else in the group, then I would go to class but the best thing was I either had Jack, Alex or Kara in all my classes. After school we would all just hang together and on Thursday’s we would always go to All time low’s band practice. They were actually so good, I was pleasantly surprised.

But the best thing about Baltimore by far was Alex. He was so amazing. In the short two weeks I had been here he had been so nice to me and the two of us had actually gotten really close. I had told him a few personal things about my life but I hadn't quite fully opened up to him yet. I didn’t want to scare him away but sometimes I was close to doing it. I don’t know we just have this connection that I haven’t ever had with anyone else before.

Right now Kara and I were getting ready for a party Matt was throwing tonight. His parents were going to visit his older sister in New York or something so Matt decided to throw a party according to Jack it’s a ‘Welcome to Baltimore Jess’ party but everyone knows it’s not.

“Jess! Stop day dreaming and help me do my hair!” Kara yelled at me. I guess I had been zoned out for while.

“Alrighty, but I wasn’t day dreaming”

“Yes you were don’t lie. Thinking about Alex again?” What? How did she know? I hadn’t told her I liked Alex cause I thought it was awkward with the whole her best friend dated him on and off for a year thing.

“Wh- what I wasn’t I- I was um thinking about my shoes.” Wow great save Jess.

“You are actually the worst liar. I know you like him. I can tell by the way you smile when you’re with him.” Fuck was it that obvious.

“Ugh fine! You caught me.” Kara smiled at me as I walked over and started fidling with her hair pretending I knew what I was doing.

“I think it’s cute. You two would make a great couple.”

“What? But what about Lisa? isn’t he like off limits?” Kara started laughing and I just looked at her confused.

“Okay one Lisa did hook up with Matt last week, and Matt is one of Alex’s friends so now Alex has permission to hook up with one of her friends which could be you and two fuck what Lisa thinks. If everyone played by her rules Alex would still be a virgin and wouldn’t have fucked half the student body.”

“Wait. What?” My eyes widened in disbelief and Kara looked as if she regretted saying the second part of her speech. Alex was a player? Since when? The whole time I’ve been here I haven’t seen him flirting with girls.

“Um well Alex kinda has the reputation of ‘Hit it and quit it’” She used quotation marks. I nodded as if saying go on.

“Yeah so apparently he has slept with most of the girls in our year and according to my sources, Rian, the rumours are pretty close to the truth.” My face dropped was I just going to be one of the girls he ‘hit and quit’. Well not if I had anything to do with it that was for sure.

“But seriously Jess that was his old ways, After him and Lisa got back together he stopped doing that and he hasn’t started to do it again since they broke up so I am almost positive he is over that stage.”

I nodded but didn’t say anything. I really thought Alex was different, I thought he was someone I could trust or was he just talking to me to get in my pants?

Alex P.O.V.

“I AM FUCKING READY TO PARTAAAAAAAAAAY” Jack yelled at the top of his lungs. The party hadn’t even started and he was already slightly smashed. Oh well. We were sitting in Matt’s lounge room setting up for the party. I was excited it was Jess’s first party in Baltimore and I was going to make sure it fucking rocked.

I really liked Jess she was sweet and cute. I just had one problem. I trusted her way too much. I ended up telling her everything about me and Lisa. She sat there and listened and by the end of it, she just hugged me and told me Lisa was a hoe anyway.

The other day when I was walking Jess home, even though my house was in the other direction I was about to tell her everything about my family but I stopped myself. She didn’t want to hear me whine, besides the only person who knew was Jack.

Hell the only thing Jack doesn’t know is that I like Jess, like really like Jess like maybe even love Jess. Wait what? did I just say that? I can’t love Jess I have only known her for two weeks.

“ALEEEEEX! SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!” Jack began yelling at me even though I was sitting right next to him.

“Alright Jack.” I gladly took the shot and four more after that. I was terrified, I couldn’t really love Jess. Could I? I needed something to distract me from my thoughts so I just kept taking shots with Jack and Zack. By the time we had finished, I was pretty wasted and the house was full of people.

I walked over to the dance floor, and started dancing with some girl that I actually recognized from English. Within ten minutes I had my tongue in her mouth.

“Alex! You’re such a dick!” I pulled away from the kiss and expected to see Lisa standing there. Instead I saw Kara? But she had a boyfriend? I looked at her with a confused expression and she gave me the finger and walked towards some girl. Wait that wasn’t Just some girl it was Jess. Fuck. I once again royally fucked up.

Jess P.O.V

Kara and I walked into the party half an hour after it had started. We walked around saying Hi to people and Kara looked for Rian and as I tried to casually look for Alex. As we walked into the lounge room where the ‘dance floor’ was, my heart sank a little. Found Alex.

I saw him ‘dancing’ with some girl while he had his tongue down her throat. I almost felt like crying when I first saw them but then I remembered he was a player. The only reason I hadn’t seen him hooking up with girls is because he hadn’t had the opportunity.

You know what? Fuck him. He can do what he wants, it’s not like we were together anyway so I shouldn’t be mad. I am not going to let him ruin my night or effect it in anyway. Just as I turned away I heard Kara say “Alex! You’re such a dick!” I just kept walking into the kitchen with all drinks and poured myself a shot. Fuck Alex. I don’t need him to have fun.

An hour later

Kara P.O.V.

Well tonight definitely wasn’t what I thought it would be. After I saw Alex hooking up with that whore, I was so angry. Rian and I had this whole plan to get Alex and Jess together tonight but of course he had to go and fuck it all up. It was so obvious they both liked each other it was almost painful. When I followed Jess into the kitchen she gave me this whole speech how she didn’t even like him anyway (denial) and that she was going to have fun without him.

After that she walked away with the bottle of vodka and I hadn’t seen her since, until now. I spent the rest of the night with Rian talking to other people and dancing. That is until I walked outside to get some fresh air, when I heard some yell out “Yeah Jack get some!” I immediately turned to see who Jack was getting with when I saw Jess sitting on Jacks lap, with their tongues down each others throats. Great.