Sequel: Everything We Had
Status: Updated regularly

Stay With Me

Thirty-One

Jack made his way towards the park, he was fifteen minutes early but he thought it was better to early than late, and he couldn’t sit still at home. He was a nervous wreck, the worst possible outcomes kept running through his head. As well as questions he didn’t know the answers to.

As he walked down the suburban streets with his hands buried deep in his pockets he tried to shake his nerves. He had met up with Jess a thousand times before, he just needed to calm down and pretend this was just one of those time.

But it wasn’t, this meet up meant so much more, by the end of the day Jack could either have a girlfriend or a broken heart and he would much prefer the first.

Jess ran from Alex’s house all the way home, she immediately ran into the shower trying to scrub the dirty feeling from her skin. After fifteen minutes she got out, hoping the feeling of guilt had washed away as well, but it hadn’t.

She felt guilty for leaving Alex without any answers but she didn’t know them. Jess really didn’t know who or what she wanted. She felt guilty for sleeping with Alex, it was as if she had cheated on Jack… again. And at the same time being with Alex felt normal as if it was meant to be that way.

She knew that she didn’t want to come between two friends but that’s exactly what she was doing. Jack and Alex still hadn’t had a proper conversation since it happened.

After she got dressed into a pair of jeans and lose fitting top she dried her hair and applied a small amount of make up. She knew Jack wasn’t a fan of her wearing excessive amounts of foundation. According to him she looked better without it but that was just him being sweet.

When she finished her make up she checked the time. She had 10 minutes before she was meant to be meeting Jack, so she left her house, slowly walking to the park. She needed time to sort through her thoughts.

She didn’t know what she was going to tell him. She knew she would have to tell him about sleeping with Alex she just didn’t know how. It would crush him and probably change his mind about getting back together.

Did Jess even want to get back together with him? She loved him but he had caused her so much pain in such a short amount of time which made her question his love for her.

And then there was Alex. She had no idea how she felt about him. He was a complete dick to her for months but he only did it to hide his feelings. When he found out about Jess’ past he didn’t try and run, he stayed and held her for hours. Then again he still had the reputation, was he even capable of being faithful?

In reality she had two boys that wanted her, Two boys that were both funny, kind, caring, talented, reckless and brave. Two boys that were best friends and it sucked.

She was confused, she didn’t know who she loved or who she should be with.

When Jess arrived at the park she saw Jack sitting at their usual bench. He was shaking his leg something she knew he did out of nervousness. At least she wasn’t the only that was scared about this whole thing she thought as she walked over to him.

Jack sat at the bench in his own world, thinking about everything but mainly Jess and how much he wanted her back. He was determined to make her his again by the time the sun went down.

He was about to stand up when he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around to see a scared and tired looking Jess behind him. He couldn’t help himself, so he wrapped her into a signature Jack Barakat bear hug.

It took Jess by surprise at first, but she happily returned it. Feeling comforted by the gesture. She’d missed this, how easily Jack was able to calm her down and make her feel safe.

The embrace ended seconds later as the two sat down on the seat, side by side, not close enough for Jacks liking but he wasn’t going to mess things up by invading her space.

The two sat their in an awkward silence, neither knowing who should talk fist before Jack broke the silence by laughing. Classic Jack. Jess couldn’t help herself but to let out a slight giggle as well.

Like magic the situations intensity vanished and the two felt completely comfortable with one another. Just like old times Jack thought to himself, growing the courage to slide closer to her.

“So I guess we should talk…” Jack trailed off hoping Jess would pick up where he left off but she insisted on a simple nod instead. Jack was the one that wanted to meet up so he could be the one to talk she thought as she allowed herself to study the boy she had missed.

“I miss you.” Jack said slowly moving his hand to takes Jess’. He delicately touched it as if it would shatter. Jess smiled intertwining their fingers.

“I miss you too.” The pair entered another silence but this one wasn’t awkward. They sat there starring at one another, making up for lost time.

“So… We miss each other, Does that mean we want to give this another shot?” Jack asked beginning to rapidly shake his leg again.

Jess desperately wanted to say yes. It would be simple her and Jack could forget about everything that has happened and continue where they left off. She could forget about Alex, he didn’t need her. She had come to the conclusion that he only wanted her because he couldn’t have her. But Jess knew she couldn’t take the easy way out, not this time.

“Maybe we should talk about things before.. you know we make it official.” Jack was a little shocked but understood where she was coming from. They couldn’t just pick up where they left off, They needed to get everything out in the open. No secrets.

“Yeah I agree but first I just want to say I’m sorry. I was a complete ass to you. I should never have screamed at you or lost my temper that was out of line and I’m sorry. I’ll make it up to you I promise” Jack swore moving slightly closer to Jess.

Jess nodded her head. “Jack don’t worry, You had every right to be made, you may have taken it a bit too far but I forgive you for that.” She said sincerely.

“Um… There’s something I have to tell you..” Jess whispered, her voice about to crack. Jack noticed Jess’ sudden change and squeezed her hand attempting to reassure her.

“Alright but let me go first.” He wanted to finish telling Jess everything so he didn’t forget anything. He took a deep breathe before continuing.

“The other day, when you um probably saw me kissing Steph, I just wanted you to know that it meant nothing. It was just a stupid kiss and I didn’t know you were looking. If I did then I would have never have done it. I felt like shit when Kara told me you saw it so I guess I’m sorry for putting you through that. I know I would have wanted to punch someone if I saw you kissing another guy.” Jack held back the chuckle about to escape his lips. He did punch someone when he saw Jess kiss another guy he thought as he hid his smirk

A tear slowly rolled down Jess’ cheek. Jack was probably the best person to walk this planet and she was so horrible to him. There he was the one who had been cheated on apologizing for being mad and kissing another girl whilst they were broken up! Congratulations Mrs. B for raising the world’s greatest male.

“Jess please don’t cry! I’m sorry!” Jack yelped immediately pulling the girl to his chest, wrapping his arms around her small frame.

Jess pulled herself out of his grip, she didn’t deserve to be treated so well.

“Fuck” She groaned standing up. “I’m such a terrible person.” She said more to herself than Jack but he heard and was quick to correct her.

“No you’re not Jess! You are the most amazing person on this planet”

“Jack stop! I’m not and you can’t believe that”

“Well I do and there’s nothi-“

“IsleptwithAlex.” She said closing her eyes not wanting to see the hurt in Jack’s eyes.

“You what?”

“I slept with Alex.” She said in a whisper but Jack heard loud and clear.

“I’m so sorry Jack” Jess said sincerely tears now running uncontrollably from her eyes.

Jack stayed silent trying to process this new information. Jess had slept with Alex. When? Where? How? Questions kept popping into his head. Questions he needed to know the answers to. He resumed his postion, sitting back down on the bench, taking a deep breath.

He decided to stay calm about this. He didn’t want to scream and yell and say things he would most probably regret.

“When?” Jack said his voice scarily calm for someone that just found out his best friend and first love had slept together.

Jess was confused once again. She expected him to scream and run not sit down and calmly ask question. She was unsure on what to do. She decided to just answer his questions, it was the least she could do.

“Last night.” Jack stayed silent as if waiting for more details, Jess obliged “After I saw you and that girl I ran out of the school and started to cry” Jack cringed at the thought of him making Jess cry.

“Alex found me and asked if I wanted to leave and I said yes. I didn’t want to go home so he took me to the pier. We spent the day there and then it got late and he drove me home but…” Jess trailed off not wanting to say it again.

“But?”

"Alex kissed me and it got heated. We drove back to his and we slept together but Jack you have to understand I thought I had lost you forever and I was lonely and Alex was so nice to me an-“

“Jess I get it.” Jack said wanting her to stop talking, not in a rude way he just needed to think. Whilst he was waiting outside of Jess’ house for hours she was with his best friend having sex. Then again if Jack hadn’t have kissed that girl Jess wouldn’t have needed comfort.

Jack still had one question that need answering. “Do you love him?”
♠ ♠ ♠
CLIFF HANGER AHHHHHH So this chapters kinda sad but kinda cute, it's like mix! Anyway I'll update again soon so you know her answer. What do you think she'll say?

So this chapter is randomly in third person i don't know i just felt like it. Tell me if you like or if you prefer first person, I don't really mind.

ALSO can we all just take note of the photo Alex posted of Jack. He is so precious omg i love him
anywaaaaaaay Comment Subscribe and Recommend! Love you all xxxxxxxxxx