Status: Working on it :) Comment/reccomend pretty please it makes me more inclined to write. :)

Would You Bargain With Hell?

A history

“What’s going on?” Patrick asked backing away from me spaciously. “You’re the boy from the café?”

Mason paid no mind to Patrick as he approached me and held me tightly whispering in my ear. “Rayder, I didn’t think you would come. I was worried about you, a lot. You look good.”

I felt saline water sting my eyes. Patrick cleared his throat as I reluctantly stepped away from Mason. “Mason, this is my boyfriend, Patrick.” I could the confusion in his eyes, he must have seen sincerity in me, and he must have rethought my past bravado. “Patrick, this is my boyfriend Mason.” Patrick reacted much differently, while the statement was pending true and false. We had been going out, and we hadn’t officially broken up, but we hadn’t talked in months.

“Please guys, I’m trying to figure out what to do here.”

“So you’ve been dating both of us? And you’re telling us why?” Patrick took a shot at Mason and then quickly looked back at me.

“Because I couldn’t lie anymore.”

“What do you mean; I thought you didn’t want to see me?” Mason interjected, his word shooting holes in my heart.

“I did, but I also knew the only way I was going to live through the summer was to fold, to be a ‘Tamerlane’ and I couldn’t with you. I didn’t want you to get involved, and Patrick,” I pivoted “I needed you to be a ‘Tamerlane’ because you were the only person on the inside to keep me sane.”
It was hauntingly quite for a couple minutes while everyone thought.

“I love you Rayder, and I thought you loved me too. If you don’t just tell me, okay? But I’m not into polygamy.”

“I’m not either.” My heart danced in my chest, my palms grew sweaty and I was worried I would sson see stars. With both of them I felt happy, but only with one of them was I happy as myself

“So you’re going to break up with one of us tonight?” Masons cold voice shook.

“I love you both, and I owe you both so much, which is partly why I’m here, I owe you the truth.”

“Rayder, I really want to just get this over with, can you tell me if it’s me or him?”

I felt my throat shake and my eyes water. “Losing one of you is the worst thing that could happen to me. I really can’t lose one of you. So please please don’t leave me. Please don’t hate me.”

“Who is it?” Patrick asked again.

“I love you both, I really really do.” I steadied my shaking body by leaning on the ledge of the bridge.

I looked at both of their faces, washed in the moonlight. Patrick had been so kind to me, but he didn’t really know who I was. He didn’t know me. And I knew from the first time I met him we wouldn’t work out. That my heart had already been taken, by a homeless guitar player from Long Island. That no matter how much I had grown to love Patrick, my heart still belonged to that sweet-talking dart player. It was always going to end this way. With me and Mason, and two broken hearted people trying to dig their way to that glorious field of pseudo-happiness everyone seems to find.

And even though this fate seemed unavoidable, I hadn’t factored how much it would hurt to see Patrick walk away. And to be the one to have to tell him there is someone else. That there was never a future for us, at least not one where I was happy.

“It’s Mason. It’s always been Mason.” Their faces were the same. Mason didn’t smile, Patrick stood still.

There wasn’t enough time to tell Patrick about how Mason saved my life on multiple occasions. We had a history or bruises and broken ribs, but not in the negative way.

Patrick nodded and turned to walk away. “Please! Patrick.” I whined watching him fade away. “Please!” I screamed and began to run after him when I felt familiar arms around me shushing me quietly.

“Shh, it’s okay Rayder, its okay.” He sat on the ground, me in his lap.

“I’m sorry.”

“You have nothing to apologize to me for.”

“It’s always been you.”

“And it’s always been you too,” he replied.

“Do you think he hates me?” I whined wrapping my hands in his cotton shirt.

“No one could ever hate you, why don’t you go to sleep baby? I’ll take you home.”

“Your home.” I closed my eyes and felt myself being lifted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I did it guys. COMMENT PLEASE!. I'm going to try to update every other day, I want to finish this god damn story so I can move on to editing, and writing other stories. :3 please comment and recommend.