Status: yay, New Story. Comment please.

I'll See You Around

Ch. 3: Eyes Open

“Thanks for the concert.” I said to Bree as I got out of her car. I spent the night at her place and she was now dropping me off.

“No! You lost his number!” Bree yelled as she pointed me outside of the car.

“Not my fault I forgot to save it after I went to wash my hands after using the restroom.” I said rolling my eyes at her.

“Like who does that?!”

“Normal people that washes their hands after using the restroom,” I said resting my hand on my hips.

“Whatever. I’ll text you,” Bree said as we waved goodbye to each other. She drove off and I turned on my heel and walked into the building. I took the elevator up and too the apartment. I knocked a couple times and then used my keys to open it.

“Hello?” I called out, but got no answer. I sighed to myself as I made my way towards my mother’s room to grab one of her sweater from her closets. I made my way down the hallway and into her room only to cover my eyes quickly and scream.

“Lola!!” my mother called out from under the naked man on top of her. I ran to my room and grabbed my back pack that had my work clothes in it.

“I’m moving out immediately,” I yelled as I grabbed my purse and key and I was out the door. That was the first time I’ve ever seen an older mans ass. It sure wasn’t pleasant at all. I rubbed my eyes hoping it the now mental image would go away, but no. I took the stairs down to the lobby and headed for the bathrooms.

I looked myself in the mirror and was glad that I showered at my cousins. I started to pull my long strawberry blonde hair into a ponytail and with a hair tie from my wrist it stayed in place. I unzipped my back pack for work and took out the clothes and shoes. I went into one of the stalls and stripped off my shoes, shirt, and top and replace it with my dark green Starbucks shirt and black skinny jeans. I hopped around trying to pull on my jeans so I could button it and zip it so I could put my black vans on.

I finished getting dressed and hurried back to my bag on the counter and stuffed my clothes into the bag. I went through the back again to get my phone out of my jean I had on recently and tucked it into my front pocket. I hurried out of the restroom and checked my phone for the time to see if I was good on time. Looking at the screen it read 3:33 p.m. and I took a deep breath as I had until 4:15 to go in. I walk out to my car unlocking it and tossing my back pack in the back seat.

I drove through a bit of traffic, but I managed to make it a bit early. I got out of my car and headed toward the entrance of Starbucks. The door dinged letting everyone in the Café know that someone has walked in. “Lola, you’re a bit early,” my boss Angela said as she smiled at me. I just made my way towards the back to put on my apron.

“Saw something terrible this morning and I just had the sudden urge to want to come to work early,” I said brushing my bangs behind my ear. Angela just left it alone and we just got to work. Today felt like it was gonna be a busy day.

The afternoon came pretty fast and I was already on lunch break. I made myself a tall hot coco, because I never really liked coffee. I thought it tasted disgusting. As if anything could get any worse Matty walked in, but to my surprise there was a girl on his arm and he was smiling. Was I hurt? Hell yeah I was, but I wasn’t gonna give him the satisfaction that I cared. I got up and made my way behind the counter and over to the register. When I looked up I saw the smirk plaster on his face. He wasn’t going to make this break up easy.

“What can I get you?” I asked a bit annoyed that he would even come in here.

“The usual,” Matty said as if I should already know.

“Sorry, what was your usual? I forgot it when I dumped you,” I said as my anger getting the best of me. So much for playing it cool, I thought. Matty looked hurt, but just smiled as he pulled the girl closer.

“The Carmel Frappuccino, what do you want baby?” He said looking at the blonde girl hanging on his side.

“The Very Berry Hibiscus,” She said looking at me with a smirk as she cuddled into his neck.

“Your name?” I asked smiling with annoyance.

“Bear-bear,” he said and that stung. Don’t jump over the counter to attack him and his sticky note, I thought as I wrote it on the cups. I went to get started on fixing their drinks. This sucked… balls.

“Isn’t that your boyfriend with that girl over there?” Angela asked as she appeared at my side suddenly as she scared me. “Sorry,” she whispered looking at the two eat each others face off. They should so I wouldn’t have to see their faces.

“Ex-boyfriend,” I said as she looked at me surprised. “He cheated on me,” I said as she mouthed an ‘Oh’.

“I’ll give them the order and you can get off early,” She said. “Don’t forget to tell me how your apartment hunting goes today.” I nodded my head as I finished the drinks and handed it to her. I took my apron off and hung it and followed behind her for bit so I could get to the door.

“Ahhhhh!” I heard a scream and looked backed and saw that Angela had spilled the berry Hibiscus on Matty. A smile was plastered onto my face as I left the Café. I headed for my car and got in. I sat there for a bit thinking where I needed to go. I thought about the school campus to see if anything on the bulletin involved anyone needing a roommate. I started the engine backing out and heading to the college.

The silence in the car got annoying so I turned on the radio and ‘Sparks Fly by Taylor Swift’ started playing and I sighed. It was mine and Mattys’ song. I’d sing it to him while it came on when I listened to Taylor Swift in my car. Not bothering to change the song, I just ended up singing a long. Then ‘Eyes Open’ started to play.

It didn’t take long to reach NYU. I parked the car and suddenly I felt something wet land on my thigh. I looked down and there was a wet spot. I looked up to see where it came from, but the sun roof of my car was up. Another fell and I touched my face. It was me who was crying. All this time I held it in. I wasn’t over Matty yet and that stunt he did at my job was a big blow. Curse Taylor Swift and her love music, I thought as I just started to cry. It’s like what he wanted, me crying. Emotions weren’t really my thing. I hated crying in front of people.

It just wasn’t me.

Suddenly there was a knock on my window. I wiped my face quickly and looked up smiling a bit. I was hiding that I was just breaking down in my car just a moment ago. I rolled down my window and my vision started to adjust to the figure in front of me.

“Nice to see you again,” The somewhat blurry figure said as I started to finally see clearly. It was that Chris guy from the concert.

“Oh you,” I said as I smiled.

“You forgot my name didn’t you?” He asked as he frowned a little, but smiled again.

“Sorry,” I said blushing and looking towards the car.

“It’s Max and you’re Lola, right?” He asked as I nodded. I felt bad that he remembered my name, but I didn’t.

“Wait, how’d you know it was me?” I asked.

“Leap of faith, I remembered your hair from yesterday. It caught my eye,” he said as I blushed from my bright strawberry blonde hair. “Told you it would be nice to run into you again,” he smiled.

“Yeah,” I said.

“You wanna walk with me on campus? I just need to post something on the bulletin board.” He told me as I nodded. I rolled my window up and got my keys. I was glad I changed my top after work to what I had on this morning it was a royal blue tank top. I got out of the car and locked it.

We started to walk together. We laughed and talked a lot. “To be honest I thought you would have called me immediately after the concert,” He said laughing.

“My cousin would have, but I accidentally washed it off before I put it on my phone.” I said as he laughed at me.

We stopped at a bulletin board and I looked at it for anybody that was looking for a roommate. “What are you looking for?” He asked.

“Well you know how I told you that I saw man ass this morning?” I asked looking at him.

“Well it was my mom’s boyfriend and they were, yeah. So, now I’m looking for anybody who is searching for a roommate,” I told him as he smiled brightly and hugged me. I tried not to freak out, because I barely knew the guy.

“Well you know how I told you about my roommate that was throwing herself at me?” He said holding onto my shoulders now at arms length. “Well, I kicked her out last week. Now I’m here posting a flier for a roommate.” He told me as I wasn’t sure where he was getting at with this conversation.

“Okay,” I said putting emphasis on the word.

“Lola, I need a roommate and you’re perfect,” He said as it clicked, but I started blushing at the fact he called me perfect. Matty was all about me being imperfect and how I need to work more on my dancing. “Will you be my roommate?” He asked even though it sounded like a proposal. I hesitated for a bit. “Unless you wanna see another old guys ass?” He said raising his eyebrow. He was persistent.

“I’m in,” I said quickly as the image fluttered back into my mind as it made me shudder a bit. “Gross,” I said shaking my head trying to make it go away.

“When can you move in?” He asked excitedly.

“Next week, I guess.” I said as he smiled.

“Alright, I’ll give you my number so you could call me to help you start moving in,” He said. “Second thought how bought you give me your number, just incase you lose mine again.” He said. I laughed and nodded as he handed me his phone. I slid his phone up and started entering my digits and set my name to Lola Sawyer with a heart on the end. The heart was my signature on a lot of things; it was on my friend’s phones as well. When I sign for something I manage to make a heart figure with my signature. I saved it and gave his phone back.

“Okay, see you next week Max,” I said smiling at him. “I better get home. My mom is probably going to give me the talk about sex and how it’s totally natural,” I said actually fearing the talk now.

He laughed at me. “Bye Lola,” he said as he waved and we just went our separate ways.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello lovelys,
Here is the 3rd chapter finally. Tell me what you think.
Had a hard time coming up with something so here it is.
It's probably not that good, meehh.
I started on a new story called Miserable At Best
I'll be doing short stories too. Yeah doing a lot of things on her.

well bye.

xoxo,
Aria Beatrice <3