And Peace Shall End

Hello Shifter

Brian Haner stumbled through the dark streets. It had been so close to catching him and he didn't think he would have been able to outrun it, but somehow he had managed. He stood still for a moment, hand on his thigh as he let his breath go back to normal. The last five hours seemed crazy as he reflected back on them. Just this morning he had been oblivious to anything and everything supernatural, but now his mind was tortured with the truth.

"Oh Brian," a voice sung out into the air as the person stepped out from the shadows beside the man.

The shock of seeing that he hadn't outrun him made Brian stumble back slightly. "You're not Matt," he muttered. "You're not my friend."

The person let out a sharp laugh as he stepped forward. "Really? His wife certainly thought I was Matt. Such a shame that I killed her, though, she was a pretty one," he mused to himself in amusement.

Brian choked on his saliva. "Y-you killed her?" he stuttered.

"Of course. If it's any consolation, it was quick. She barely felt a thing," the creature told him. "Although, her sister, now she I enjoyed bleeding dry."

Tears pricked at his eyes as he heard the creature's words but didn't fall. He wouldn't allow them to fall, at least not in front of the monster. It had done too much destruction to his life in such a short time that he wouldn't give it the satisfaction of seeing just how it had ruined his life.

A sarcastic laugh pierced the air. "Oh right, I forgot, she was your wife, wasn't she?" It was taunting Brian with its words and had been for the past five hours, something that seemed to have stretched for so long for the human. Time meant nothing to the creature and he could continue going on with the torment with the human. It was rather entertaining for it to witness. Normally it would just kill all its victims and not give them a chance to run, but this one seemed like fun.

Brian swallowed thickly and stepped backwards. "What did you do with Matt?" he asked slowly, trying to keep his voice from trembling.

"Matt, Matt, Matt, it's always about him, isn't is? What about you, Brian? Shouldn't you be more worried about what I'm going to do with you rather than what I've already done to your friend?" the creature reminded him, stepping forward to make up for the step he had taken backwards.

"You've killed him?!"

The creature threw its arms up in the air in exasperation. "You're all the same. All you think I do is kill people straight out, and yes, maybe I used to do that, but give a guy some credit here. Torture is what it's all about," the creature complained. "He isn't dead – although he may wish he were dead – but he isn't suitable for viewing, I'm afraid."

"You fucking monster," Brian spat, not being able to keep quiet. The words aroused the creature's temper and it bared its teeth at him before lunging at him and punching him. The impact made Brian stumble back, and just as he had regained his footing, the creature delivered another punch to the jaw. It made him fall to the ground roughly, his back hitting the gravel and pain dimly flaring up his back. He wasn't big on fighting and he never really had to engage in fights in his adult life so he was rusty when it came to defending himself, although afterwards he would think that the creature had done something to make sure it had an advantage over him. It also didn't help that the body the creature was using was easily heavier than he was. Matt was far bigger than most of his friends.

The creature continued delivering blow after blow to Brian's face, almost beating him until he was a bloodied pulp. "I am not a monster," it seethed out. "It's all you humans that are the filthy monsters."

Before it could do any more damage, a silver bullet was fired from out of sight and flew straight into the creature's head, making it fall backwards onto the ground. Sam and Dean Winchester came over from the dark corner near to Brian, one holding a gun that was aimed at Brian and the other holding a gun that was aimed at the creature. When they reached close enough, the one who had their gun aimed at the creature shot it again in the heart, making sure it was dead. The other man lowered his gun and helped Brian up. He grimaced at the man's face.

"Hey, are you okay?"

Brian looked at the man who had helped him up when he asked that. Did he look okay? Of course not. He'd witnessed too much death within the last five hours than he ever had throughout his whole life, not to mention the fact that all his best friends were dead – except for Matt, possibly, but he didn't know whether the creature was telling the truth or not – and that his wife was dead, too. He'd had to witness most of the deaths, including those of his friends' wives, but thankfully he hadn't had to witness his own wives' death. That would have crushed him.

"W-what was that?" he asked, his eyes glued onto the creature, the one who looked like his friend.

"A shapeshifter," Dean, the one who had shot the creature, said.

"A what?!"

"Shapeshifter. Damn crazy creatures that are smart," he explained. "We encountered one before who was obsessed with Hollywood monsters like Dracula and the Wolf Man. It was wacky."

Brian looked between the two men, not quite sure what to make of them. This seemed like something they were used to, especially as they came over and shot the creature without even wondering whether it was a human or not. This thought made him speak. "How did you know that he was one of those?" He motioned to the body.

"Saw him on camera," Sam said nonchalantly. "Then we found the guy the shifters' modelled his looks after."

That sparked Brian's interest.

"You found Matt?"