Status: whoo! active.

Avenged

Part one

“On your left” Steve said as he passed me for the fourth time. I rolled my eyes.

“I am going to shove my foot up your ass if you say that one more time.” I shouted at him. Thor and Dad laughed from behind me. Steve decided for today’s training exercises would be jogging. I was fine with jogging, I was on my high school’s track team, but the super soldier made it impossible to keep up with him.

“On your left” Steve said. Before he could pass me I reached out and pushed him into the water next to us. He made a big splash and I almost fell over laughing so hard.

“Maiden, that wasn’t every nice.” Thor said next to me. I shrugged. I screamed as some began lifting me up and hurled me into the water.

“Tony!” Dad laughed as he Wiped the sweat from his forehead.

“come on, It's nice in here.” I said as I splashed some water at Thor. He laughed and took of his shirt to jump in. I giggled when his splash drenched Dad. Thor’s arms wound around my waist lifting me out of the water. For an hour we splashed around having fun before Natasha A.K.A Black Widow showed up, annoyance evident on her features.

“If we’re done here, Steve we have a mission.” She said. I sighed as we watched him walk off with her.

“Come, Ellie, you start work in an hour.” Dad said. I groaned and fell back on Thor’s chest.

~~

“How are heels more professional than flats?” I grumbled as I walked out of the hallway into the main room.

“I do not understand.” Thor said from his place on the couch. I lifted my foot and pointed to the annoying shoe.

“It’s painful.” I stated.

“You are in pain?!” He shouted standing suddenly from his seat. I laughed and shook my head.

“not that kind, well, tonight probably.” I told him rubbing my chin. He stared at me before chuckling.

“Come on, hooligans.” Dad said walking to the door. “I’ve been called in so we can carpool.”

“so, how long are we going to be in D.C?” I asked as we walked to the car. Dad rubbed his neck and sighed. “ We are going back to New York, right?”

“Well, I don’t know. Everyone seems to like it here and it is easier to do our work in these labs.” Dad answered. I sighed, he probably already had a house all lined up.

“What about Tony?” I asked. Stark tower was in New York, was he going to go back there?

“I don’t know, he still has to talk to Pepper.” Dad answered.

“Did you know about this?” I asked Thor watching him closely.

“I was going to tell you, Maiden” He answered. I snorted.

“Why am I always the last to know?”

“We’ll talk about this later, Honey.” Dad said parking the car and getting out. I sighed and got out as well. I looked up the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters building briefly wondering how tall it was.

“I have to go to my lab, Agent Hill will show you around.” Dad said hurriedly. I nodded and hugged him tightly.

“I love you, Dad. Please be careful.” I told him. He nodded and smiled.

“I’m always careful.” He responded, I snorted. “I love you to. see you about 5-ish” He hurried away and into the building. I took Thor’s hand and we followed Dad’s footsteps into the building.

“Why are you here anyway?”I asked Thor. He shrugged.

“Training, I guess.” Thor said sounding bored. I laughed. Thor was the only person who could really keep up with Steve when it came to the physical stuff so he was always asking Thor to come train with him.

“Sounds fun. Oh, there’s Agent Hill! oh, jeez, how do I look?” I asked suddenly nervous. Thor chuckled and pulled me in for a kiss.

“You look beautiful, Sweetheart. I’ll see you for lunch, okay?” He told me. I nodded and hugged him.

“see you at lunch.” I told him and he walked off to the direction of the Training Center. I watched him go as Agent Hill came to stand next to me.

“You know them pretty well, huh?” she said. I turned to look at her. I smiled, she look kind but fierce. She would fight for those she loved, but was kind enough to avoid being ruthless.

“Yeah, they’re my peeps.” I told her. She laughed.

“I think we’ll get along just fine. come, I’ll show you your office.” She said walking towards a glass elevator. Once we stepped inside the doors dinged shut. “Health Ward.”

“confirmed.” a robotic voice said. I glanced down and instantly regretted it, the fall would be a long way down.

“Afraid of heights?” Hill asked.

“no, I’m afraid of the urge to jump.”

The doors dinged open and a few people walked in, two of them being Thor and Steve. They spotted us immediately and shuffled a couple steps to stand next to us.

“How’s your first day going?” Steve asked.

“Just started. How’s training going, I thought you had a mission.” I answered.

“Always time to train, Ellie.” He laughed. I rolled my eyes and poked Thor in the nose.

“Hello, Maiden.” He smiled.

“Hello, Goldilocks.” I said.

“This is our floor.” Hill said. I nodded and said my goodbyes to the boys.

“Good luck, Ellie! we’ll see you at lunch.” Steve said. I nodded and followed Hill down the hall.

“This is your office. I’ll let you get settled before I send up your first client.” Hill said before leaving the room. I immediately took off my shoes and set my bag on the desk. I set mini J.A.R.V.I.S on the desk next to the computer and turned him on.

“Hello, Dr. Banner.” He greeted me. I smiled and began putting some files away and setting up my supplies.

“Hello Jay. How do you like the new office?”

“It’s lovely. Very calming.” He noted. I nodded. Cool colors were popular in psychiatrist offices because of their calming effect.

“ While i’m at work can you do me a favor?”

“always, Dr. Banner.” J.A.R.V.I.S answered.

“Can you download the list of files that is in my home folder?” I asked him putting the last touches on the office.

“Yes, Dr. Banner. I will alert you when they are downloaded.”

“Thank you, Jay.”

~~

“LUNCH TIME!” Dad called as he, Thor, and Steve waltzed into my office. I didn’t look up from my paper work until I finished the page. The last client suffered from hallucinations, he believed he had seen Agent Phil Coulson while doing an Aerial mission a few weeks back.

“Hey, guys” I said as I leaned back in my chair.

“Dr. Banner, Your files are ready.” J.A.R.V.I.S reported to me.

“Thanks, Jay” I said. Thor placed some chinese food in front of me before pulling up my spare swivel chair to sit next to me. I put my feet in his lap as I ate.

“How’s your day so far?” Dad asked.

“My feet hurt. I’ve been walking around for most of the day.” I said. I straightened the name plate Dad gave me. “AND they keep calling me Dr. Banner!”

“weird. Since, you know, it’s only your name!” Steve laughed.

“I was like that after I graduated to.” Dad said. I laughed. I had always known he had a doctorate so it was never that odd to me when people called him that. I understand now.

“Its a regular party in here!” Agent Hill said as she stood in my doorway.

“come sit if you want.” I invited her. She shook her head.

“Rogers, Fury wants you.” she reported then left. Steve sighed and stood.

“I’ll see you later, Kid.” he said before leaving. I turned to Dad who was now looking over my bookshelf.

“This is my book” he said pointing at an old black book.

“yeah, I know.” I answered. He sat with the book in his hands and chuckled as he flipped through it.

“Norse mythology.” He said. I began to giggle as Dad showed a picture of what Thor was supposed to look like.

“My hair isn’t that long.” Thor said. I laughed and touched his hair.

“It’s getting there.” I told him.

~~

Unbelievable. Simply unbelievable. I had to stay late my first day of work. I was busy creating profiles for the agents I was working with. I would meet a few of them tomorrow if all was well. I was now walking to the street corner to meet Dad since he got to go home nice and early.

“What’s a pretty thing like you doing alone?” A voice said from behind me. I kept walking in hopes they weren’t talking to me. Fear blossomed in my chest when the person grabbed my elbow. “I was talking to you”

“Don’t touch me.” I spat in the man’s face.

“I’ll do as I like.” He said pulling me towards him. On instinct I pulled my fist back and slammed my fist into his nose. He reeled back as blood trickled down. I turn and began running down the street. I pulled mini J.A.R.V.I.S out of my bag and turned him on.

“Jay Call Dad.” I yelled.

“Yes, ma’m. Is everything alright?” He responded.

“No!” I paused as I saw metal reflect off the street light in front of me. “Call them all at once. Now!”

I stopped as I saw a man step in front of me. He was the size of Thor with a metal arm. His hair was a tangled mess and touched his shoulders. The man wore a black metal mask over his mouth and sunglasses over his eyes.

“Hello?” Dad’s voice rang out in the silence drawing the man’s attention to mini J.A.R.V.I.S. I began running down the street to my right hoping I wouldn’t get lost.

“Dad! Somethings happening! I’m being chased!” I said into the cube. I turned the corner to see the man. I let out a startled scream and turned to run away from him.

“Where are you!” Steve shouted now that he was online.

“They were waiting for me! It was a trap! the creepy man was a trap.” I said.

“we need to leave, NOW!” I heard Thor roar in the background. I came to a halt when the man was in front of me yet again. This time I was trapped in a corner. The man began walking towards me.

“Guys, listen. I love you all so much. The guy you’re looking for has a metal arm with a red star on the shoulder and wears a mask. He’s quick, quicker than i’ve ever seen. Be careful. I love you!” I said. I closed my eyes to freeze the world but nothing happened, the man still walked towards me.

“Ellie, I love you. We are coming for you.” Dad Said.

“Dr. Banner, Statistics show, the Avengers will succeed in rescuing you.” J.A.R.V.I.S said. I smiled

“I know, Jay”

The man reached me and tried to grab for me. I dodged it and kicked his stomach, he stumbled back. I punched his jaw only for my fist to meet metal. I yelped in pain. His hand whipped out again and grabbed my hair slamming my head into the wall. A scream left my lips as I felt the pain exploded in head. I could feel warm liquid drip down my skull as the darkness overcame me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are always appreciated!
ENJOY
-R