Status: whoo! active.

Avenged

Graduation Party

“You look beautiful, Ellie.” Steve told me as he hugged me uncomfortably tight. I smiled at him and thanked him. I knew he still worried for me so I tried my best to let him in. At the moment we were in Washington D.C, technically, on business but Tony decided to throw me a graduation party. I didn’t know what business was going on but Dad had to come. Steve tagged along since he and Natasha where getting cozy doing top secret missions together. I never got to see Steve in these past few months.

“maiden! There you are! you always look stunning in blue.” Thor said causing me to giggle. We were in a comfortable spot in our relationship. I had forgiven him for leaving and he promised to keep me in the loop with certain Asgardian business. He was gone a lot also.

“Thank you, Thor.” I mumbled. I looked around the room, an uneasy feeling falling to my stomach.

“What worries you?” He asked sensing something was wrong. I tried to smile but the horrible feeling only grew.

“Have you seen Karl?” I asked. Thor took my hand gently in his colossal one and led me to our hotel room where Karl lay sleeping. I sat on the bed and slowly cradled the feline.

“Maiden?” Thor asked kneeling in front of me.

“I don’t know, Goldilocks. I have this horrid feeling something bad is going to happen.” I explained. Reaching out I grasped a strand of his blond hair. Once, he told me how he loved when I played with his hair.

“ I’m sure everything will be alright.” He said gazing worriedly at me. I knew he was only trying to make me feel better. He probably knew this top secret business Dad had to attend to.

“ Thor, Thank you for not getting frustrated with me, I know it’s annoying to deal with sometimes.” I told him moving my hand from his hair to his face. He smiled and held my hand to his face leaning into it.

“I will always be here, Ellie.” He told me. I caught myself being hypnotised by the intense look in his eyes.

“Aw how sweet! But I’m going to have to steal Ellie away from you.” Tony said popping out of no where I turned to glare at him. “Your dad wants you. Probably so we can give you your graduation gifts.”

“You guys got me gifts?” I asked.

“Well, Duh!” Tony laughed and pranced out of the room. I turned to Thor who only grinned.

“I should be surprised, but I’m not.” I laughed and stood and tugged Thor into the main room with me.

“Okay! Daddy gets to give presents first. He has supreme rule.” Tony said clapping his hands together. The party guests, who were mostly S.H.I.E.L.D agents, turned their gaze to my grinning father.

My father stepped forward with a metal rectangle in his hands. I rose my eyebrow at him, he only smiled. Standing in front of me he held out the rectangle and I took it in my hands and stared down at it. The name plate was made of a beautiful purple glass and in (a non-obnoxious) green ‘Dr. Elizabeth Banner’ was written in the center. I smiled down at the present with tears in my eyes.

“ I am so proud of you, Ellie.” Dad said pulling me into a hug. I held onto him tightly and faintly heard a click of a camera.

“Thank you, Dad.” I told him. He grinned at me and stepped aside so Tony could hand me a box. It was huge and was wrapped in Iron Man wrapping paper. I snorted and ripped open the paper. In the box was a small glass cube about the size of a coffee mug. I picked it up gently pressing the microscopic button on the bottom.

“Hello, Dr. Banner! May I take the time to congratulate you on your Doctorate?” J.A.R.V.I.S’ voice rang from the cube. Startled I stepped back almost dropping the cube. “Please don’t drop me, Miss Banner.”

“ Sassy, J.A.R.V.I.S” I laughed.

“Introducing…. Handheld J.A.R.V.I.S!” Tony shouted. I laughed and held mini J.A.R.V.I.S up to show Thor.

“The computer you talk to is now in there?” Thor asked. I nodded and he chuckled. “ Now there’s no stopping you from conspiring.”

“Ouch, Goldilocks, ouch.” I laughed. He chuckled and took out a small metal box from his armor. I rose an eyebrow and traded him items.

I gently opened the box to find a deep purple flower resting in light blue water. Taking the vase out of the box I examined the flower closer to find the flower wasn’t purple but many colors all at once! The beautiful hues danced around the petals causing me to smile.

“ The flower will live as long as I do. I know you worry for me when I am away so this will allow you to know that I am safe and coming home to you.” Thor explained. I threw my arms around his neck and hugged him tightly.

“Thank you, Thor” I said for the third time today.

“My turn, huh.” Steve said standing in front of him. I grinned and nodded. He shuffled and stood in front of me. He held out a package wrapped in an old brown cloth. I gently took the package from him and undid the cloth. Inside was beautiful rosary. I gasped and took it gently away from the cloth.

“Steve” I whispered as I stared at the delicate necklace.

“It was my mother’s, she wore it almost everyday. It gave her hope, even when things were impossibly bleak.” He answered. Smiling he took it from my hands and put it over my head and let it rest around my neck. It seemed heavy with memories.

“How did you even find this?” I asked.

“Apparently S.H.I.E.L.D kept some keepsakes.” He answered. I nodded holding the rosary in my hands.

“Thank you, Steve, So much.” I told him wrapping my arms around him. He hugged me tightly and rubbed my back.

“Your welcome, Squirt. I’m proud of you.”

~~

“Goodbye people I don’t know!” I called as the agents filled out. Some said goodbye but the majority didn’t. I frowned at them. “Rude”

“ What does your freaky cannibal say? ‘Eat the rude’?” Steve said coming to stand next to me. I immediately laughed.

“Hell yeah! Hannibal reference! High five, Rogers!” I laughed. Our hands smacked together as a chuckle was heard. I froze and stared at the man standing in front of us.

“I heard you became a doctor the other day.” The man said.

“What are you doing here?” Steve said in his Captain America voice. I stifled my giggles earning a glare from him.

“Wow, Nick Fury at my graduation party!” I said faking mesmerization. Fury held out an envelope to me. “Whoa! Graduation presents to!”

“Believe it or not, we’ve met.” Fury said. I took the envelope from him and began opening it.

“ Must’ve been a baby cause I don’t remember.” I said pulling out the paper inside the envelope.

“You were two, actually.” he retorted. I furrowed my eyebrows and held up the paper.

“Does Dad know you’re trying to convert me to your cult?” I asked handing the paper to Steve to read.

“No, I didn’t” Dad said suddenly next to me. “making house calls, Nick?”

“ Always nice to get some fresh air, Bruce.” Fury said. I glanced between the two and snorted.

“ I won’t fight anyone. I refuse.” I told Fury. He nodded and straightened his coat.

“Yeah, I know. Banners don’t fight.” he said as if he couldn’t understand why. I glanced at Dad.

“So, I’ll be a psychiatrist for your agents?” I asked. Fury nodded.

“Yes, and you’ll help on some projects, suspect profiling mostly, some Tech stuff too if you’re interested.” Fury said.

“As long as I’m not a spy” I told him with a grin. He chuckled and held out his hand. We shook hands and he was gone.

“Wow, being connected with the Avengers got me a job faster than I thought!” I laughed. Dad and Steve shared a look but laughed with me none the less.

“Go to bed, Ellie. We have a long training day tomorrow.” Steve said. I groaned. The guys convinced me to start training with them so I could stay healthy. I did get pretty fit but I was still a lazy girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been away for a while, I know!
GUUUYYSSS i graduate June 13! ahhh!
okay sorry, i'm chill.

The next chapter is going to have some spoilers from Captain America: The Winter Soldier. If you haven't watched it and don't want the spoilers (only kinda spoilers) then feel free to message me and I will give you the important points for the chapter.

Comments are always appreciated!
thank you guys for sitckin' with me!
ENJOY
-R