What Makes You Beautiful

the party.

Days pasted and I was spending even more time with Sidney. He mentioned the schooling down there and jobs I could get with my Nursing Degree. It had crossed my mind a few times to just pack up and start over again in Pittsburgh. I had just a few months left and then I could go where ever I wanted.

I loved trying new things out. I’ve been to Pittsburgh before and liked the city. The team was really nice too. I made friends with a couple of the girlfriends and wives my age. Maybe I should really start thinking about this.

It made me a little sad that I would leave my dad and brother, I know they want what is best for me. My dads been my everything and has done so much for me since mom passed away. I knew either way, they would want what was best for me and be happy for me.

Summer was coming nearly coming to an end. I was happy to be going back to school because it mean I was so done. Sidney was gearing up to go back to Pittsburgh. A couple of his teammates were coming up for a weekend before they had to get ready to head down as well. It was going to be a fun weekend, or at least I hoped it would be.

“Are you excited for this weekend” Sidney asked while I was helping him clean up a bit.
“Yes. No drama just fun times.” I said. “Do you mind if Josie crashes here too”
“That’s fine by me” He said.
“So I have been thinking and I think we need to talk” I began. He looked at me funny. “I’m really thinking about moving when I graduate in a few months.”
“Where to” He asked.
“Pittsburgh” I said. He smiled.
“I really like that idea” He said.

I was was getting ready there since I was crashing there anyways. My girl best friend Jocelyn, was coming too. I was excited to have my two besties and just have a good night.
“You excited” Josie asked while we were getting ready.
“So pumped” I said.
“You look cute” She said.
“You do too, let’s find you a NHL boyfriend” I said.
“I wish” She replied.

We headed downstairs. Most of the guys where there. A few were setting up beer pong outside.
“AJ, there you are” I heard a little french accent say. I smiled and hugged Kris Letang.
“Hey Tanger. I’ve missed you” I said.
“I missed you too, hope you’ll be down to visit again soon” He said. I smiled.
“I think there is a good chance of that happening” I said.

The night was going pretty well, it was fun seeing the guys and just letting loose. Josie and I were watching Jordan Staal and Colby Armstrong take on Sidney and Tanger in beer pong. Seriously the funniest thing ever. We had a mixture of music playing in the background. One of my summer songs came on and Jocelyn & I just started dancing.

“Who is this chick” Staal asked.
“Who invited the teeny popper” Armstrong asked.
“baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed but when you smile at the ground it aint hard to tell” Josie and I sang loudly and very off key. “you don’t know, oh oh, you don't know you're beautiful”

Tanger joined us in singing, Sidney just stood there and laughed.
“Musical Number time out” Armstrong said then started singing along. Sidney walked over and grabbed my waist and brought me close to him when Harry’s solo came on.

baby you light up my world like nobody else, the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed, but when you smile at the ground it ain't hard to tell, you don't know, you're beautiful & that's what makes you beautiful.

As soon as it was done I felt his lips brush against mine. This was not like him at all, but I wasn’t complaining.
“Can we get back to the game now” Staal asked. I was smiling like a little school girl.
“Yes” Sid said walking back to the table.

I went back inside to fix another drink, Josie was talking with Tanger. Sidney was playing one on one beer pong with Army since he kept saying he could beat Sid no problem.
“You coming to Pittsburgh this season” James Neal asked as he was grabbing a beer from the fridge.
“There is a very good chance of that” I replied.
“I know someone who would love that” He said with a smirk.
“Oh who would that be” I asked.
“Sidney” He replied.
“He’s been my best friend forever.” I replied.
“Do you kiss all your best friends like that, if so. I want in” James said.
“He’s just drunk. But who knows, play your cards right and you never said” I said walking back outside.

“AJ, we need to kick some boys asses in Beer Pong” Josie yelled as I walked out.
“Not going to happening” Jack Johnson said.
“We got this.” I said. We were facing Jack and Sid. Jack was good, Sidney not so much. Josie and I both went to University and this what we did for fun.

“This is not happening” Jack said as they were down to one cup while we still had four.
“Told you” Josie said.
“At least University taught us something” I said. I sunk the last ball. We just bet the boys. Josie and I hugged, the boys gave us high gives. The view of the water from Sid’s place was amazing. I grabbed my drink and went down by the water.

“How come your down here” Neal asked walking towards me.
“Just love the view here. Needed a little break” I said.
“This view is quite amazing” He said.
“I’ll miss it when I move” I said.
“Where you moving?” He asked.
“I think I’m gonna move down to Pittsburgh after I graduate” I said.
“That’s awesome. You should” He said.
“Need a chance from everything and everyone around here” I said.
“How are you doing. I heard what happened.” He asked.
“Sidney” I asked.
“We had to talk him out of murder. But that is between us” Neal said.
“I’m doing better. Just can’t believe I was that dumb to let it happen” I said.
“You’re not dumb” He said.
“I’m usually this happy go lucky person but for some reason got trapped into his mind games” I replied.
“Don’t get yourself down,” James began “Remember what the song says. You don’t know you’re beautiful”

I laughed. He leaned in close, and brought my face close to his. I bit my lip, this was the second time tonight this song made someone kiss me. He kissed me, and I could feel everyones eye on us.

“What do you think of that Sid” Tanger asked.
“He knows what would happen if he hurts her” Sid replied.
“I think we all do” Army said.
“Let’s just get back to the game” Josie said.