Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

11. I’ve Been Living a Lie

Zoey Cornell's P.O.V

“Surprise! Happy birthday Zoey!”

People kept screaming as I slowly walked into a room full of smiles. I looked around at annoying aunts, uncles, and cousins. Then there was my mom who I never felt connected to. I had sea-green eyes while she had beautiful blue ones. Then there was the hair. She had blonde hair and I had medium brown with black tips that would always come back right after they were cut off. I don’t remember my dad. He left a little while after I was born.

I walked over to my mom who was talking to a man and a woman. The woman had blonde hair and gray eyes and the man had black hair and blue eyes. They were unusually perfect and beautiful looking. But they seemed to hate each other. I don’t know why I knew this. Probably because of the aura of hatred they sent out. They wouldn’t talk to each other until I walked closer. The man looked at the woman and smiled.

“Zoey! How’s it going? I want you to meet some people,” my mom said, looking at the odd man and woman.

“Another pair of relatives I’m guessing,” I muttered. I rolled my eyes.

“Hey Z.C.! Come over here and look at this! Oh. Never mind. That is more important,” Mike, my best friend, said. He seemed to know the odd people.

“Zoey, let’s go into the kitchen,” my mom said.

“I think that would be best,” the man said, looking away from my mom and catching my gaze.

I slowly looked around. Mike was limping like he always did right behind me. The kitchen door slowly opened and we sat around the table. Mike, my mom, and I were on one side and the man and woman were on the other. Mike was uneasy and looking towards the door. He grabbed a soda can and started chewing on it (he tends to do that a lot for some reason). The woman looked at him and shook her head no, her blonde curls bouncing.

“Go on Leila,” the man sad.

“Zoey, you know those Percy Jackson books you read?” my mom asked.

The man stiffened at the name.

“Yeah, so?” I replied. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy.

“Well… They’re real,” my mom said.

My eyes widened. There was no way that series was real! It’s about mythology. Myth. Myths aren’t real!

“There’s no way it’s real,” I said.

“It is,” the man said.

“Well, even if it was, what does the story have to do with me?” I asked. I was getting annoyed.

“You are a demigod,” my mom said.

My eyes grew even wider. “What?” I yelled. “That is not possible!”

“Shh!” the man said. “Believe what she said. I am Poseidon. God of the sea. This is Athena, goddess of wisdom and war.”

“This can’t be happening,” I whispered.

“We must go. Be safe. Mike, get her to Camp Half-Blood. Fast! Hurry!” the supposed Athena exclaimed.

Right when she and the supposed Poseidon left and my mom raced into another room, one of my guests walked in. In my honest opinion, this guest did not look normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: “Bring Me to Life” by Evanescence

I hope you like this chapter ^-^
-Carii