Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

12. Save Me!

Zoey Cornell's P.O.V

“Hello. Do you have anything to eat?” the female guest asked, patting her cheerleading uniform. That’s funny. I don’t remember being friends with any cheerleaders at school. Must be a family member I never met. Happens a lot.

“Yeah, what do you want?” I asked, ignoring the cautious looking Mike was giving me. “We have turkey sandwiches, some cheese, and crackers. Anything sound appetizing?”

The girl moved closer and smiled, showing white teeth. Mike was whimpering. The girl looked at him and then back at me. I gasped. Pearly white fangs hung out of her mouth.

“I want your flesh!” the girl said in a hissy voice.

I screamed. Someone seemed to have heard me and came to my back door outside. I moved towards the back door. The girl – who now looked like a monster – pounce on me. She knocked me outside into the warm summer air. The person outside drew something out of their pocket. It was large. Mike walked out the door.

“No!” he yelled like they do in the movies.

The monster-looking girl got worse. She transformed into a gray, wrinkled thing that was so skinny you could see her ribs clearly. She pushed me off my back deck and I landed on the wet grass. The monster came closer, so close I could smell her breath. It smelled like blood and human flesh. She opened her mouth wider, revealing more of her white fangs. I tried squirming away but she held my legs and arms, pinning me down like a wrestler. Soon a golden light shown and blinded the monster. The person who I could now see was a boy around the age of fifteen. He smiled at me and quickly sliced off the monster’s head with a sword. I was covered in dust because once the monster was touched by the blade she exploded.

“What was that?” I yelled, looking at the boy.

“It was an empousa,” he said, playing around with his sword. “They dress up like cheerleaders and are similar to vampires.”

“Well who are you and why did you help me?” I asked as the boy helped me up.

“Me? I am Lee Fletcher, son of Apollo. You aren’t armed, are you?” he asked. I shook my head no. “And that’s why I helped you. Now we gotta go. Where’s your satyr?”

“My what?” I yelled.

“Mike, let’s go! Get us to Half-Blood Hill!” Lee yelled. Mike rolled his eyes at me.

“No need for an attitude,” I murmured to myself.

Suddenly, we were at some type of camp and I was lost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: “Bring Me to Life” by Evanescence

Woah... I didn't know this chapter was so... short. I'm so sorry guys. D:
- Carii