Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

13. I'm Just a Stranger in a Strange Land

Zoey Cornell's Point of View

“Where am I?” I asked, looking at strawberry fields.

“This is Camp Half-Blood, where all the demigods are safe. Nothing else can get through,” Mike explained. “Let’s take you to the Big House or wherever Chiron is.”

I nodded my head yes and followed Mike.

“I gotta go. Some of my buds are calling,” Lee said, waving to me.

“Hey Lee! Who’s the hottie?” one asked as a group appeared.

Lee just shook his head. His messy blond hair shook in his face, covering his mysterious cat-green eyes.

I looked at Mike and noticed he had goat legs. I just shook it off and told myself I was going crazy until I noticed others like him. They were tall with bushy, curly hair.

Mike and I reached a tall ranch house that looked like it belonged in a farm.

“Hello Mike. I see you are back,” said a man with a real horse… uh… behind.

What the heck is that thing? I thought.

“Yes. I am back,” Mike said. “Chiron, I have found a warrior.”

Chiron looked at me as if I were a rotten egg. Then his eyes widen when he noticed my hair. “Are you-” he started.

“I am Zoey Cornell,” I said.

“Michael, you have found the girl!” Chiron exclaimed, smiling.

“Wait! What is going on? First I met these two people – Poseidon and Athena – then was almost eaten by one of my party guests, and then some guy magically transported me here and my mom is gone and I don’t know where I am. Someone just please clear this up!” I yelled, my voice cracking. A tear rolled down my cheek.

“We will have your brother clear things up for you,” Chiron said slowly.

“I don’t have a brother!” I yelled.

“You have two brothers. Chiron, I don’t think she’s the one,” Mike said.

“Recite the prophecy!” Chiron exclaimed. He sighed.

“A Half-Blood of the most powerful shall come to camp
With no great thrill.
Help them slay the terrifying beast
And kill it and bury it east.
Not only will you rise, but fall in dread
And live your place amongst the dead.”


“So who is the so-called prophecy for?” I stupidly asked.

“It’s not for you,” Chiron said.

Then why did you read it to me? I thought.

“It’s someone you will meet soon. Or you may have met him,” Chiron said, looking out the window.

“Lee!” I yelled almost too loud. Chiron just nodded. “So he is gonna die because of me?” Chiron nodded again.

Ugh!

Then I remembered I had nowhere to stay. “Where am I staying?”

“Poseidon Cabin. Follow your half-brother Tyson. It’s time to clean so he should be going home now,” Chiron said.

I rolled my eyes. After Chiron gave me a map of the camp, I guided myself to the area with all of the cabins and to my surprise, I met a Cyclops. This day just got better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Thirty Seconds to Mars.

I love Pokemon ^_^
-Carii