Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

19. I Should've Known All Along It Was All a Lie

Katie Vereeka's Point of View

A few days passed ever since I had the vision of Zoey Cornell killing Alice. Zoey Cornell. I finally knew what her name was. Was that a bad thing or a good thing? Honestly, I didn’t know whether to be calmer or more cautious. One thing’s for sure: She is one powerful demigod.

Poseidon was her father. That meant she could control seas and other bodies of water because Poseidon’s the god of the sea. Athena was her mother. That meant Zoey was freakishly smart and very good in battles since Athena’s the goddess of wisdom and war.

But there’s another thing. Aren’t Poseidon and Athena uncle and niece? Isn’t it considered incest to have a kid with your niece? Hmm. Maybe it’s fine if it’s done through gods and goddesses. Must ask Demi.

Alice and I were sitting in the meadow again. My knees were hugged closely to my chest and my chin rested on them. I stared at nothing in particular since I was too busy thinking about Zoey. Alice stared at me, worried. She wasn’t exactly sure what to be more worried about thought: her life or how her death will affect me.

What was I thinking about you ask? The day the demigods will arrive. Six of them were coming along with one satyr. The days between first seeing Zoey and now I got more visions. Most of them showed the same thing but each was clearer than the last. I was able to get everyone’s names. The satyr was Grover and the three demigods I haven’t seen in the visions I had the night I turned into a vampire were Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, and Nice de Angelo. The ones I did see were Lee Fletcher, Mollee Chaine, and of course, Zoey Cornell. I learned a few new things about the three.

Lee was the son of Apollo. He saved Zoey from some monster (Demi said it was an empousa when I told her about it) and was the one who took her to Camp Half-Blood. Also, the Apollo Cabin chose him to fight alongside Zoey.

Mollee Chaine was another demigod that was like Zoey: both of her parents are gods. Her father was Zeus and her mother was Demeter (Demi told me she’s the goddess of agriculture). In my opinion, something was… off about Mollee. She didn’t look like a helpful friend at all. For some reason I had a feeling she would betray Zoey. Maybe not this year, but definitely in years to come.

Then there was Zoey Cornell. She was very confused about everything at first. No doubt about that. She had a personal satyr named Mike but he left because of some satyr thing. I’m not a demigod or satyr so I wouldn’t understand it. Because of that fact, I didn’t bother looking into it more. Anyway, as time went on, Zoey became more accustomed to everything. She was “claimed” as they say by her godly parents. Her mortal mother was nowhere to be seen apparently. Also, Athena gave her a weapon. Joy to the fucking world.

At least we vampires know the Percy Jackson series was real. Now the question is, do the demigods know The Twilight Saga is real? Sure, they fight monsters more dangerous than us but what will their reaction be when they see the vampire they have to kill is the Alice Cullen.

Another thing. You know that vision I had of Zoey killing Alice? You guys have no idea how much I prayed for it to not turn out like that.

Finally, after many minutes of silence, Alice said, “Do you think we can try contacting them? Them meaning the demigods?”

Oh, another thing. My visions showed that one of them had a cell phone and the vision even gave me the number. But, since some of you lovely readers might be stalkers, rapists, or pedophiles, the number and owner will remain confidential.

“Sure,” I said. I stuck out my hand towards Alice. “Give me your cell phone. I left mine at the house.”

Alice patted around her waist. Her eyes widened. Then she covered her face with her hands and groaned. She lied down on the ground.

“What?” I asked. I put my arm down.

“I forgot that Edward broke it,” Alice said.

It was my eyes’ turn to widened. “How, may I ask?”

Alice sat up and sighed. “He got angry at me about all of this and conveniently it was my cell phone that was lying on the coffee table near him. He tends to throw random things when he’s angry and my phone was one of the many things he threw. His force was so strong that the cell phone broke into pieces once it hit the wall.”

I facepalmed. “Genius.”

“Sorry!” Alice exclaimed. She raised her hands up in surrender.

I stood up, sighing. “C’mon. I wanna go home.”

Alice nodded in agreement and together we ran back to the house. As we entered, Rip gave me a worried look.

“Are you okay Katie?” he asked.

My eyebrows crossed in confusion. Alice thought of the look Rip saw. Apparently I still looked worried walking into the house. I sighed. I haven’t told the Chicago Coven about Zoey Cornell. The time has come to now do that.

“Do you know who Zoey Cornell is?” I asked.

“Random much?” Taylor asked. I looked over at her. She was sitting at the kitchen island and so was everybody else except Rip. He leaned against the back of the couch in the living room.

“Um… Not really,” Alice said. Her voice shook and her arms were crossed.

Everyone raised an eyebrow at her.

I took a deep breath and slowly let it out. “She… she appeared in one of my visions a few days ago,” I said. “She’s a demigod.”

Everyone’s eyes widened except Taylor’s and Jackson’s.

“And what’s the point of this?” Taylor asked. “So what, you can see demigods? That just means your power is stronger than Alice’s.”

“Her father is Poseidon and her mother is Athena…” I said.

“Demi gasped. She knew what I was going to say next.

“…and she’s the one to kill Alice,” I whispered.

The Chicago Coven heard it anyway. Not a word was said and no glances were shared between them. Well, Taylor and Jackson exchanged words and looks but you probably could’ve guessed that by now.

“Ha ha,” Jackson said, a smirk on his face. I can’t wait for that to happen. She’ll finally be dead. Katie’s next. I can tell.

Alice gave him a worried glance. Rip and Renee glared at him. Joe and Demi smacked him in the back of the head.

“What’s wrong with you Jackson?” Renee yelled. “Where has your heart gone? You used to never be like this!”

It stopped beating during the Civil War, Jackson thought. It’s dead.

“Jackson, can I ask you something?” I asked.

“The fuck you want?” he exclaimed.

Renee smacked him. “Be nice.”

“Why do you hate Alice so much?” I asked.

Jackson glared at her and then back at me. “It’s not fair that she gets to not be able to remember her human life. There was too much pain and agony in mine. Every day I’m haunted by it and I don’t want to be. It’s just not fair Alice doesn’t remember hers!”

“Really?” I screamed. “That’s why? Jeez. You’re jealous over something she can’t control! How immature can you get?”

“Jackson, I know about my past now. I found everything out,” Alice said. It was quiet though.

“Yeah but do you actually remember the pain you felt at the time? Do you remember what anyone’s face looked like? Do you remember how loud their voice was?” Jackson yelled.

Alice looked down at the ground and shook her head.

Jackson, just noticing he kept moving up in his chair, sat back. A glare was deeply carved onto his face. “Exactly.”

What a jealous prick, I thought. Someone really needs anger management.

“Never mind Jackson’s supposed shitty human life now!” Demi exclaimed. “What are you going to do about Zoey Cornell?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know. She and the others-”

Others?” Renee asked.

I nodded. “A satyr and five more demigods are coming with her.”

“What the hell is a satyr?” Taylor asked.

“Ask Demi. Anyway,” I said. I was getting more and more aggravated at Taylor and Jackson. “As I was saying, Zoey and the others aren’t in Chicago yet. But they’ll be here. Soon. I just don’t know how soon.”

“Can’t we just do a search party type thing?” Joe asked.

I jumped at the sound of his voice. What? He just barely ever speaks. Am I the only one who noticed that?

“That’ll be way too dangerous,” Demi said. “Demigods with only one godly parent are powerful enough. They’re able to fight their won battles with no help half the time. Picture how powerful a demigod with two godly parents is. Especially if her parents are the god of the sea and goddess of wisdom and war. The demigods and satyr will probably think we came to kill them if we go to them. They have to come to us. The battle won’t be as bad then.”

“You guys are going through way too much trouble to keep me alive,” Alice said. There was panic in her wide, butterscotch eyes for some reason.

“You did it for Bella,” I said. “So now I guess you can say a thank you is coming back to you. Think of it like karma.”

“But-”

“Karma isn’t always bad,” I said.

Alice started shaking. She ran upstairs and closed my bedroom door in a matter of seconds. I looked at the Chicago Coven. Sighing, I ran to my room.

When I entered my room, I found Alice on the black leather couch. Her knees were hugged tightly to her body and she was rocking back and forth. I sat down next to her. Slowly, I rubbed her back.

“This is my entire fault,” Alice whispered.

Her tone was depressing to hear but that didn’t stop me from rolling my eyes. Not the guilt thing again. “Stop blaming yourself for everything.”

"But it is my fault Katie!” Alice exclaimed. “If I hadn’t bitten you none of this drama would be happening right now!” She covered her face with her tiny ass hands.

“But you would’ve let me die then,” I said.

Alice said nothing. Well, aloud at least. Her mind said everything. If she hadn’t bitten me, no one would be mad at her and Zoey wouldn’t be out to kill her. She would be wrapped in her own family’s arms right now, especially Jasper’s.

I took my hand off her back and glared at her. “So you only care about yourself?”

Alice looked at me. “What?”

“Your family wouldn’t be mad at you if you didn't bite me. People wouldn’t be out to kill you if you didn't bite me. I would be dead right now if you didn't bite me. You probably think you should’ve just listened to Carlisle and Edward that night, huh? Ugh! YOU ONLY CARE ABOUT YOURSELF!”

“Katie, calm down. You took my thoughts way to seriously. I didn’t mean any of them the way you interoperated them,” Alice said.

“Really? Then what did you mean by them?” I yelled. Surely the Chicago Coven heard me. Good. Then they would realize how much of a bitch Alice really is. Maybe this was the real reason why Jackson hates her,

“I-”

I interrupted Alice. “You know what? Save it.” I stood up. “You’re such a bitch.”

And with that, I left her alone in my room.

I hated being mad at Alice. Absolutely hated it. But she only cared about herself. She never cared a single bit for me. You people don’t understand how hard that is on me. All this time I thought she was a hero. Instead of leaving me to die like Edward and Carlisle told her to do, she bite me. But she regrets it. Because of that night I thought she would do anything for me. But I was wrong. That was all a lie. Our whole friendship was a lie.

I should’ve seen this coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: "It Was All a Lie" by Evanescence

My, my, Katie overreacts doesn't she?

This was more of a characterization chapter. It was to show how moody Katie gets since she's forever in her puberty stages. And we all know how girls get during puberty.

-Domi