Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

20. All Around Me Are Familiar Faces

Katie Vereeka's Point of View

I ran through the house and by the time I reached the first floor, I heard Alice’s footsteps following closely behind me. The Chicago Coven stared at me as I ran out the door. Once I left the porch, Alice’s tiny figure appeared at the doorway.

“KATIE!” she screamed.

I ignored her.

“KATIE!” she screamed again. I heard her groan. “YOU BITCH! YOU’RE OVERREACTING!”

I stopped running by a tree that still had the house in my eyesight. I leaned against the tree by one hand. Me? A bitch? I’m the bitch? I’m not the one who regrets saving someone’s life! Alice is the bitch!

“I’M NOT THE FUCKING BITCH! YOU ARE!” I screeched out.

Within seconds Alice was standing in front of me. She put her hands on my shoulders. “Katie, listen to yourself. Please.

I glared down at her. She was too short to actually look into my eyes so she had to tilt her head up. What a short fucking pixie bitch.

“I’m not overreacting,” I said angrily.

Alice raised an eyebrow at me. “Really?” she asked.

I curled the hand that was on the tree into a fist. The bark scratched my skin but I ignored the slight pain. I threw the first at Alice’s side. She winced but didn’t let go of my shoulders. That got me pissed beyond belief for some reason. I tried punching her head but she dodged it. Groaning, I tackled her to the ground. She screamed and flailed her arms and legs under me. That just got my angrier. I pulled her short hair and punched her repetitively.

“KATIE! STOP!” Alice yelled.

“NO! YOU FUCKING BITCH!” I screeched.

“I’M SORRY!” Alice screamed.

I stopped moving. “What?”

“I’m sorry, okay? I’m fucking sorry!” Alice yelled.

She said she was but in her mind she forgot to hide the fact that she wasn’t. Either that or she really wanted me to know she wasn’t… Anyway, I got off of her. She stood up and wiped her clothes with her hands.

“You got my outfit dirty,” Alice complained.

Navy blue knee-length jean shorts, black flats, a white short-sleeved button up, and a gray fancy vest. What was so special about that?

I looked up at her from my spot on the ground. Alice looked beyond pissed. Maybe I was overreacting a bit.

“Um… I’m sorry… too…” I said. Alice looked at me. “I’m sorry for overreacting.”

Alice sighed and stuck out her hand for me to grab. Gladly, I did. She pulled me into a hug. It was so tight that it would’ve crushed my ribs if I was a human. Ignoring that thought, I hugged Alice back.

“I don’t want to fight with you. I don’t like it,” Alice said.

“Me either,” I said. “Since we forgave each other so quickly, that must mean we’re best friends fo shiz.”

Alice pulled away and giggled. “Of course,” she said. “Only best friends forgive each other right away after a major fight.”

I smiled. Together, we walked towards the meadow. We shared a few laughs on the way. The laughs were over pointless things but they ended up becoming inside jokes. You know, those things best friends make? Exactly.

Suddenly, a vision of Zoey and the others came in front of my eyes. It was just like the others so I didn’t worry about it. Alice and I made it to the meadow without me telling her. But to my surprise, and Alice’s, an unusual scent came to our noses.

“What is that dreadful smell?” Alice asked. She covered her nose with her hands.

I had to agree with her. The smell was dreadful. It was as if someone poured money, sweat, dried blood, drugged blood, ashes, onions, prunes, gas, and melted metal into a cauldron and mixed it all together. The scents of sweat and melted metal were the strongest. I gagged along with Alice.

Suddenly, we heard bushes rustling. I looked towards the area where the sound was coming from. It was near the bushes and trees from the other side of the meadow.

Many things started happening after that. Six minds filled mine. The thoughts were filled with images of monsters and celestial bronze weapons. Images of Greek gods and harmless mythical creatures were there too. A monster-like woman was in a separate mind. Seven people – no – five people walked out of the bushes. A satyr was with them. My eyes widened. Where were the other two people?

I knew right away the satyr was Grover and the other five were Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Lee Fletcher, and Mollee Chaine. Lee’s messy blond hair was all over the place but Mollee’s dark brown hair with light brown tips was perfectly fine. She glared at me. Even in person I got the impression she was a traitor.

As I was telling Alice who was who, a horse with a horn and wings came into sight. A girl with medium brown hair with black tips was on its back. My eyes widened. Before my very two blood-shot red eyes was Zoey Cornell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: "Mad World" by Gary Jules

My, my, Katie is moody isn't she?

Comments are nice :)