Status: Complete

It's Either War or Peace

25. Nobody Said It Was Easy

Zoey Cornell's Point of View

“Who did this?” Katie yelled.

Sure, I apparently declared peace but that was when I had a severe headache. I couldn’t let the gods down.

The blond male vampire smiled evilly at Katie. She glared at him. “Jackson, I’m going to kill you!” She raised my sword and I ran over to Percy, dragging him away.

“Ambrosia. You will be fine,” I said. Percy gave me an apologetic look. I patted his head. It was soft.

“Vampire,” he whispered.

“Oh, Katie? She is about to be surprised. She’s using my sword,” I said.

“But-” Percy mumbled.

“I know, the surprise of her life,” I whispered. I turned against her even though she promised.

“No. River Styx,” Percy said.

I nodded. I couldn’t trust Katie. All of a sudden, I heard a loud scream. I got up and ran towards Katie and Jackson. The others came, including Renee. Joe – I think that was his name – pulled Percy’s sword out of Alice’s stomach. She screamed and it made the blood in my body boil. I watched Joe fix up Alice’s wound. Then I turned back to Katie before he finished. My sword was on the ground near Katie’s feet. She stared at it with wide, bloodshot-red eyes. Her hands looked like they were in pain.

“Your sword…” Katie whispered.

“Cursed to anyone besides me who uses it. Not so stupid huh?” I asked. “I cursed it while were planning. What happened to your mind reading skills there?”

Katie stayed quiet. Joe, cradling a whimpering Alice Cullen, ran up to us. Katie put a hand to his cheek. When she took it away, Joe glared at Jackson and stayed the farthest away from him. The demigods, Grover, and I waited patiently as Katie put her hand on every vampire’s cheek. Well, everyone except Jackson and the other blonde (was her name Taylor?). The vampires (except the blondies) nodded at Katie. She sighed and turned to me.

“Do something for me,” she said.

“What?” I asked nervously.

“Kill Jackson,” she said with a blank expression on her face.

Katie put her hand on my cheek and started putting thoughts in my head. I picked up my sword. Thunder. I looked up. Zeus. Typical. I slowly walked towards Jackson who looked surprised by my electric sword incident and what Katie just told me to do. I looked at him. He seemed nervous but at the same time he didn’t. I shook my head no.

“No. To you Katie, my dad, uncles, cousins, brothers, and sisters – we all hate mythical creatures. You think we don’t care. But I will prove this to you. We do care,” I said. “Now, I got a brother to care for. And Katie, if you don’t mind, I’m not going to kill Jackson.” Jackson sighed of relief at this point. “He did nothing to me, my friends, or my family. I’m going back to camp.”

I walked away slowly with my sword behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Title Credits: "The Scientist" by Coldplay